Found Deceased MI - Wynter Cole Smith, 2, kidnapped and murdered, suspect Rasheed Malik Trice, 28, arrested, Lansing, 2 July 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As dozens of police officers searched Lansing-area freeways Wednesday for clues to the whereabouts of 2-year-old Wynter Cole Smith, her alleged kidnapper was recovering from multiple injuries in a Macomb County hospital while law enforcement officials said they expect him to face criminal charges in two counties.

Wynter was reported missing from her Lansing apartment at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday, after police say her mother was sexually assaulted and stabbed by her ex-boyfriend, 26-year-old Rashad Trice. The alleged victim managed to stab Trice in the lower abdomen during the attack, Lansing Police Chief Ellery Sosebee said...

Swift action, experts say, is essential, and hundreds of people have responded, if nothing else, by offering words of support to the child's family, calling the toddler a "beautiful little girl" and "sweet baby," and asking God to "be with that baby girl."

Police are searching roadway shoulders and wooded areas in the Lansing area, and groups now may be trying to organize searches in metro Detroit — in Lathrup Village, Southfield, Detroit, and St. Clair Shores — where authorities suspect Wynter's may have been taken.

"We just want Wynter home safe," Lansing Police Chief Ellery Sosebee and FBI Acting Special Agent Devin Kowalski said Tuesday, during the holiday, in a joint news conference at Lansing City Hall as they pleaded for information and help and updated the public about what they were doing.
*I’m not sure why but I am definitely feeling shudders of Arienna Day vibes. The important thing is to at least find her. Regardless…

He took her for a reason. If it was his own child I would have hope, but she’s not so I don’t.

What goes through these guys’ heads? Ya ya I know, to get back at the ex, torture the ex, cause the ex incredible pain.

She’s a baby. She had no part in any of this. And yet time after time it happens over and over again. Let’s kill the ex’s child. “I’ll show her!”

So now a child is most likely dead somewhere, the ex boyfriend achieved his goal, but at the end of the day, he’ll go to prison for the rest of his life.

I just don’t get it because the outcome isn’t worth it.
Not to mention, also, that the alleged kidnapper brutally stabbed and seriously injured the woman who is the mother of HIS one-year-old son. If his ex-girlfriend had not survived, who did he think would take care of his son?

DETROIT – The man suspected of sparking an Amber Alert by abducting a 2-year-old girl and attacking her mother in Lansing has officially been charged.

Rashad Maleek Trice, 26, of Detroit, is accused of stabbing and sexually assaulting his 22-year-old ex-girlfriend at her home in Lansing and then kidnapping her 2-year-old daughter, Wynter Cole Smith...

On Wednesday, Trice was arraigned in the hospital as he recovers from injuries suffered when he crashed, according to authorities...

Too many laws protecting this man's rights at the moment. He knows keeping quiet is better for him. The longer she is not found is better for him.
I say when it comes to giving info about a missing child, you either tell where the child is or be withheld food/water and a bed. In jail of course.
All my own opinion.

Last edited:
A 26-year-old Detroit resident was arraigned from his hospital bed Wednesday and charged with beating and sexually assaulting his ex-girlfriend before police say he kidnapped the victim's 2-year-old daughter.

As dozens of police officers searched Lansing-area freeways for clues to the whereabouts of Wynter Cole Smith, Ingham County authorities charged Rashad Trice with first-degree criminal sexual conduct, home invasion, aggravated domestic violence and other crimes.

Trice, who is being held without bond, is scheduled for an 8:30 a.m. July 13 probable cause conference and an 8:30 a.m. July 20 preliminary hearing before 54-A District Court Judge Kristen Simmons.

Trice was charged as a violent habitual fourth offender. According to Michigan Department of Corrections records, he is on probation from an August 2021 incident in which he pleaded guilty to five felonies, including assaulting/resisting a police officer and felonious assault. He's scheduled to remain on probation for those crimes until January, state records show...

Trice has not been charged with kidnapping at this time. :confused:

Last edited:
"Another neighbor, Jesenia Roman said Trice had requested to follow her on Facebook multiple times and messaged her just before the incident. She said she would notice him walking around when she would go outside to walk her dogs. "I know I shouldn’t have been texting back," Roman told the Free Press. "But I was just confused and wondering how he found me on Facebook. He said I was suggested to him but I don’t believe that."

'We just want to find her': Parents of missing Lansing toddler Wynter Smith plead for help (Detroit Free Press)

I saw her sweet little face on a billboard this afternoon, on our way to an appointment in Dearborn. :( My heart breaks for her mom right now, this can't be anything short of torturous for those that love this precious baby. :(

Wynter is such a beautiful little girl. This reminds me a little of Maleah in Texas who was killed by her mom's boyfriend and found along the interstate in Arkansas. I pray Wynter is found and the outcome could be different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back