Deceased/Not Found MI - Zion Foster 17, texted saying on her way home, Eastpointe, 4 Jan 2022 *arrest"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lenox Township, Mich. — An extraordinary search began Tuesday as authorities at a landfill try to find the remains of a missing Metro Detroit teen.

The first phase, which could last two weeks, involves removing 20 feet of material, building a road and constructing a deck to inspect the waste, police said.

Zion Foster, 17, of Eastpointe was last seen Jan. 4.

Investigators believe Zion is dead and that her body was put in a Dumpster, whose contents eventually were dumped at a landfill in Macomb County’s Lenox Township...

This is like Heidi Plank. I just don't see how they can ever find either of these women. So many different smells that, I'm sure, make it impossible for K9's to pick up. Going through a trash truck with the compression. There is no telling if they are looking for parts or a whole body. How many cities or counties are dumped in one spot? I know that they should be able to tell in which general area she was dropped bc I think certain trucks dump in certain areas? Am I correct? Or is it that they just keep track of where their loads were dropped in the landfill? I hope they find this young woman. This is so terribly sad and disturbing. I've been binging World's Most Evil Killer's on Discovery + and there are so many deranged people I didn't even know about. The world is a scary place.

This is like Heidi Plank. I just don't see how they can ever find either of these women. So many different smells that, I'm sure, make it impossible for K9's to pick up. Going through a trash truck with the compression. There is no telling if they are looking for parts or a whole body. How many cities or counties are dumped in one spot? I know that they should be able to tell in which general area she was dropped bc I think certain trucks dump in certain areas? Am I correct? Or is it that they just keep track of where their loads were dropped in the landfill? I hope they find this young woman. This is so terribly sad and disturbing. I've been binging World's Most Evil Killer's on Discovery + and there are so many deranged people I didn't even know about. The world is a scary place.
I posted this earlier in this discussion. While it might seem like a daunting task, bodies have been successfully located in massive landfills. I followed the case of Lori Hacking who was murdered by her husband who wrapped her body in their mattress and put it in a dumpster. Her remains were eventually recovered.

Here is a case from 2004 where the husband killed his wife, wrapped her body in a mattress, and put it in the garbage that eventually made its way to a landfill. If LE believes that JB put Zion in a dumpster, they could be doing a similar search that could take weeks.

Body of Lori Hacking found in Utah landfill (nbcnews.com)

Police on Friday confirmed that a badly decomposed body found in a landfill was that of Lori Hacking, a Utah woman whose husband has been charged with her murder.

...Hacking has been charged with first degree felony murder and obstruction of justice. Prosecutors have said he shot his wife with a .22 caliber rifle as she slept and got rid of her body and the mattress.

Police have been searching through tons of garbage at the landfill for weeks...

Last edited:
LENOX TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Authorities are set to provide an update Friday afternoon on the search for the body of 17-year-old Zion Foster, a teen missing out of Eastpointe who is presumed dead.

Detroit police Chief James White will speak at a news conference at 2 p.m. You can watch live in this article using the video player above.

A massive search began on Tuesday, May 31, at the Pine Tree Acres landfill in Lenox Township, where authorities believe Foster’s body is located. The teen was reportedly placed in a dumpster by her cousin when he found her unresponsive, and that dumpster led investigators to the landfill...

Presser- LE- this is phase 1 that could take 2 wks, removing the top level of waste. Setting up a road. Found a piece of mail that is dated around the time she went missing. They feel they are in the right place. This could take time. Talked to Zions mom this morning and gave her an update. A lot of Thank You's going out to different departments. LE said if there was a significant update they will announce that otherwise they will continue regular updates on the phases of this.

...Those searching discovered a piece of mail from Detroit that is from a date range that lines up with when Foster went missing, indicating that the investigation is on the right track and taking place in the right area, officials said Friday...

ETA: I tried to watch the presser, but my feed kept going out

Last edited:
LENOX TOWNSHIP, Mich.Detroit police are expected to start phase two of a massive search of a Lenox Township landfill to find missing Eastpointe teen Zion Foster.

The search began on May 31, phase two is expected to start on June 15. Around 70 people are expected to be assisting in the search each day.

During phase two, searchers will remove sections of the search area and place them onto two 50′x50′ search decks. Searchers will look through the debris for evidence.

When the debris is cleared, it will be removed. Then another section of the area will be placed onto the decks to be searched. Police expect phase two to last around five days...

Last edited:
It's hotter than Hades in southeastern lower Michigan today as the search for Zion's remains continues. Prayers for the safety of the search crews. I hope their efforts will be productive so that the family can give this lovely young lady a proper burial. JB should be charged with manslaughter, and I also hope that JB and his girlfriend will be charged for their improper disposal of a body. Additionally, if JB left his two young children alone in the house while he and his girlfriend got rid of a body, there probably should be child endangerment charges, as well. JMO

LENOX TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Searchers are beginning the second phase of an operation to locate the remains of missing 17-year-old Zion Foster, whose body is believed to be in a landfill in Macomb County.

The next phase in the search for the body of missing Eastpointe teen Foster, who went missing in January, is underway Friday at the Pine Tree Acres landfill in Lenox Township. Authorities believe Foster’s body could be buried at least 75-100 feet beneath the surface of the landfill after the teen’s cousin admitted to putting her body in a dumpster in Detroit, which led investigators to the landfill in Macomb County.

The Detroit police began leading a massive search at the landfill on May 31, more than five months after Zion was last seen by her cousin, 23-year-old Jaylin Brazier, on Jan. 4. After initially lying to authorities about even seeing Foster the day she went missing, Brazier eventually turned himself in to police and admitted what happened...

Authorities this week launched the second phase of the search to find missing Detroit teen Zion Foster's body in Macomb County.

The phase that started Wednesday involves removing portions of the search area at the Pine Tree Acres landfill in Lenox Township and placing them onto two 50-foot by 50-foot decks, the Detroit Police Department said in a statement.

"Searchers will move through the debris placed on the search deck looking for evidence," officials wrote in the release. "Once the debris is cleared, it will be removed. Then another section of the search area will be placed onto the decks to be searched."...

Does anyone else feel like the despicable cousin is STILL LYING about what happened? From what I’ve read, you cannot die from marijuana overdose. Maybe what they smoked was laced with something else, but if that was the case, Zion’s cousin would have been affected as well.
Maybe Zion had taken something else? Either way, I hope that they find her body soon. What a horrible horrible thing for her mother to have to go through.

(WXYZ) — Tomorrow, week two of Phase 2 in the search for Zion Foster begins. The 17-year-old disappeared in January; her cousin claims to have dumped her body.

Volunteers are preparing for multiple days of 90-plus degree temperatures.

One volunteer calls the landfill search a "strenuous activity" that he is glad to part of. Tuesday was reportedly a maintenance day with the searching taking place from Wednesday to Sunday.

Detroit Police Department Commander Michael McGinnis says he was up at the landfill searching last week, including Wednesday, when there was about 105 degree index...

Landfill searches are so very sad! I absolutely do NOT believe he has told the truth about what happened that day
JB hasn't been forthcoming about what really happened to Zion, so I have serious reservations about whether or not he is being truthful about placing her body in a dumpster. I hope he has not sent search teams, many of whom are volunteers, on a wild goose chase in a landfill to look for her remains. It's an arduous task - dangerous and risky given the extreme temperatures we're experiencing in southeastern lower Michigan. JMO

Lenox Township — As Detroit Police Detective Darrell Dawson gears up for another dirty, exhausting shift of raking through trash, he's motivated by a desire to bring peace to the grieving family of a slain teenager.

"I do not want this to be her final resting place," he said, squinting across 29 Mile at the mountain of garbage where police say the remains of 17-year-old Zion Foster are buried.

"I'm thinking about birthdays, and the family has to come out here on the side of the road (to visit Zion's grave in the Pine Tree Acres Landfill)," Dawson said. "No — she needs to be where she belongs, and that's with her family, so they can give her a proper burial."

Dawson is part of a crew of Detroit cops that has sifted through hundreds of truckloads of trash since the search for the girl's remains, dubbed Operation Zion, began nine weeks ago. Police say Zion was killed in January and her body entombed in a dumpster that was emptied in the sprawling Lenox Township landfill...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake
Back