Deceased/Not Found MI - Zion Foster 17, texted saying on her way home, Eastpointe, 4 Jan 2022 *arrest"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the cousin that stuck her in the dumpster like a piece of trash needs to be out there in the heat too.
JMO
Agreed. I hope that law enforcement agencies involved in the search have good reason to believe that they are looking in the right place and that Zion's cousin hasn't sent them on a wild goose chase to the location that is being searched. IIRC, there were witnesses who saw JB and his girlfriend put the body - rolled up in a rug - in a particular dumpster. Not sure if there might be surveillance video of the incident, as well. I pray daily that Zion's remains will be located so that her family can have closure. I also hope that JB is charged with murder. JMO

..."It's worth it if we find her, but we're at a point now where I have to look at the likelihood of recovery, the risk of the officers and have an assessment of where we are and where we go from here," he said.

White previously alluded to having make a tough call about the search earlier this week, saying "(It's) a decision I dread, but I have to make a really tough decision. I'm going to do that but I'm going to do it with the parents in mind with the sensitivity that's necessary to deliver such a message to a parent."...

:(

Family of missing Zion Foster receiving ransom demands, threats disguised as tips

EASTPOINTE (WWJ) -- The family of missing 17-year-old Zion Foster said they're receiving lots of tips on her whereabouts from people who believe they have seen her, but some "tips" are ransom demands and threats.

Ciera Milton, the mother of the Eastpointe teen who has been missing for over a week, said that some people sending in tips are preying upon their desperation.

Some "tips" mention her daughter being held hostage and others say she's going to be sold or killed. One text message even demanded money and Milton said she paid $200 because she was so desperate.

Eastpointe police officials said this case is their top priority and they're working with Detroit police to find the teen.

Foster was last seen Jan. 4 with a cousin on the west side of Detroit.
I hope whoever extorted $200 out of this family in exchange for information that never came gets the book thrown at them. JMOO That's just straight up heartless.

..."It's worth it if we find her, but we're at a point now where I have to look at the likelihood of recovery, the risk of the officers and have an assessment of where we are and where we go from here," he said.

White previously alluded to having make a tough call about the search earlier this week, saying "(It's) a decision I dread, but I have to make a really tough decision. I'm going to do that but I'm going to do it with the parents in mind with the sensitivity that's necessary to deliver such a message to a parent."...

Heartbreaking...

EASTPOINTE, Mich. (FOX 2) - Authorities and the family of Zion Foster -- are not giving up in the search for the Eastpointe teen's body searching a landfill in Lenox Township since May.

"It’s been little to no sleep for our family, there are nightmares, there are moments and bouts of stress," said Ciera Milton, Zion's mother.

The search for the body amid piles of trash has been grueling and expensive, but there have been shows of support.

"We have gotten $11,000 in donations from the public already," said Patti Kukula, Detroit Public Safety Foundation. "The Detroit Athletic Club foundation donated $16,000 and we put in $5,000 or $6,000 from our own fund, so it’s hard cash."...

LENOX TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) — Week after week for months, volunteers have shown up and suited up at Pine Tree Acres Landfill to search for Zion Foster’s remains. The 17-year-old disappeared in January.

The Detroit Public Safety Foundation stated on social media on August 17th, “The search for the remains of Zion Foster will continue until September 18.”

With the 18th approaching, 7 Action News checked in with the police department to see if the search will end on Sunday, September 18. We also spoke with Zion's mother, Ciera Milton and her aunt, Kayla Foster.

Milton questioned, “What if he sent them on a wild goose chase? What if, ya know, I have so many ‘what if's’ in all honesty. What if she was sold?”

As of today, the Detroit Public Safety Foundation said over $300,000 have been spent on search efforts.

When asked whether the search will end on September 18th, a spokesperson for the police department said in an email, “At this time our efforts are continuing. No further information is available at this time. We will alert our media partners when an update becomes available.”

Foster said, “And if she’s not there and you guys are going to conclude searching for her there, then we gotta know what the next steps are.”

Milton said, “We have to look at other options because where do we go from here?”

“My fear is that if they don’t find anything there that this just ends up being a cold case and nothing being done. And then what are we supposed to do with Jaylen?”

LENOX TOWNSHIP, Mich – Officials are still searching a landfill in Macomb County for the remains of Zion Foster as her family waits for answers on her disappearance.

The Detroit Police have been searching Pine Tree Acres landfill in Lenox Township, located off 29 Mile Road between Gratiot Avenue and County Line Road.

There have been different phases in searching the 100x100 foot area, and officials state that police have dug between 25 to 28 feet...

I saw this report a few days ago but forgot to post due to watching Queen Elizabeth II funeral.

MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. – The search for Zion Foster’s remains in a Macomb County landfill has concluded and her body has not been found.

Foster disappeared on Jan. 4, 2022. Her cousin, Jaylin Brazier, was the last person to see her alive. Brazier, 23, was sentenced to prison in March for lying to authorities about his involvement in Foster’s disappearance.

He originally denied seeing his cousin at all, only to admit weeks later that he had thrown her body in a dumpster. Brazier said he panicked when he suddenly found his cousin dead, and that’s why he took her body to a dumpster...

Detroit police said Wednesday the search for the body of a 17-year-old girl in a Macomb County landfill has ended.

Authorities are not releasing details on the conclusion until a news conference next week, said Cpl. Dan Donakowski, a spokesman for the Detroit Police Department...

...“If police had moved faster when I said something instead of looking at it like she’s a runaway. She’s a child. She just turned 17,” her mother, Ciera Milton, said.

Police were searching a 100x100 foot area of Pine Tree Acres landfill in Lenox Township. The landfill is massive. Authorities believed that Foster’s body could be buried at least 75 to 100 feet beneath the surface of the landfill.

“I’m numb. I’m numb. I’m constantly looking at my baby’s pictures, family photos and little video snips. You know? Just so I can hear her voice. Hear her laugh,” Milton said...

A little part of me wonders if Zion's body might be somewhere other than the dump?
The accused is a confirmed liar, maybe (as a cousin) he just does not want any further 'discoveries' should Zion's remains be recovered? imo, speculation.

''No one has been charged in her death, though a cousin, Jaylin Brazier, admitted in court that he was present when she died. He is in prison for lying to investigators.

Investigators have submitted a warrant package to the Wayne County prosecutor’s office for review.

“While this operation has concluded, our investigation has not, and we are confident in the work our investigators have done,“ White said.''

Detroit — The search for the body of 17-year-old Zion Foster in a Macomb County landfill has wrapped up, but the investigation into her homicide continues with detectives convinced the girl remains buried somewhere in the mountain of trash, Detroit Police officials said Friday.

Operation Zion was launched May 31 after Detroit Police detectives learned the Eastpointe High School student had been killed Jan. 4 and her body likely entombed in a Detroit dumpster that was emptied in the expansive Pine Tree Acres Landfill in Lenox Township.

After hundreds of hours, about 7,500 tons of debris inspected and nearly $1 million spent, the decision was made to shut down the operation on Oct. 2...

DEC 5, 2022

Zion Foster

zion_foster.jpg

Zion Foster was last seen on January 5, 2022, in Eastpointe, Michigan. On the evening of January 4, 2022, the 17-year-old went to work at the Detroit Wing Company. She was picked up by her mother’s boyfriend when her shift was done, around 10:00 p.m. Later that evening, Zion asked her mother, Ciera Milton, if she could go hang out with a cousin from her father’s side of the family. Zion was picked up around 10:45 p.m. and only had her phone and a little purse with her. Around 1:00 a.m. the following morning, January 5, Zion texted her mother saying “omw” to let her know that she was on her way home. When Zion didn’t return home, Ciera reported her missing. The Eastpointe Police Department, the Detroit Police Department, and the FBI have all been involved in the search for Zion. Earlier this year, Detective Lieutenant Robert Koenigsmann of the Eastpointe Police in Michigan confirmed to Dateline that Jaylin Brazier was charged with lying to a peace officer in the investigation into Zion’s disappearance. Brazier is the cousin Zion had gone to spend time with the night she went missing. He originally denied seeing Zion that night, but weeks later admitted that he had thrown her body into a dumpster. He claimed that Zion had stopped breathing while they were smoking marijuana, and he didn’t know what to do. In March, Brazier was sentenced to 23 months to 4 years in prison for lying to police. Police spent months searching for Zion’s body in a Macomb County landfill. According to local NBC affiliate WDIV, police searched through 3,500 truckloads of trash. The search was called off in October of 2022. Zion’s body has not been found. Anyone with information that can help authorities locate Zion’s remains is asked to call the Detroit Police Department at 313-596-2260.

EASTPOINTE, Mich. – The cousin of missing Eastpointe teenager Zion Foster has been released from custody less than one year after being sentenced for lying to police about throwing her body in a dumpster.

Jaylin Brazier, 23, of Detroit, appeared in court March 30 to accept a plea deal on the charges of lying to a peace officer in a violent crime investigation and lying to a peace officer...

A man authorities have linked to the death of 17-year-old Zion Foster in 2022 is no longer in prison, the Michigan Department of Corrections confirmed Tuesday.

Foster, an Eastpointe High School student, was reported missing Jan. 5, 2022. Police believe she was slain within weeks of her disappearance.

Her cousin, Jaylin Brazier, 24, was reportedly the last person seen with the youth. The day after he was publicly named as a person of interest in the case, Brazier surrendered to police...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back