Michelle Young. Murdered Pregnant Mom, NC Part 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
curious1 said:
So do I have this right....JTF is harrassing Ms. Lamb? I assume he is a JY supporter. I have not been to the other sites to read about this crime so I am not familiar with who JTF is. The other sites get to vitriolic for my tastes. I don't like the attacking each other thing. There may be a few heated words of disagreement from time to time on WS, but we are human and so it will happen, but not like the stuff on courttv.
Curious1,

Let me start at the begining - JTF (short for "Just the Facts") is a poster who showed up over at CTV not long after Michelle's murder. From JTFs posts, it is clear that this person defends JY at every turn. This poster also was constantly whining about all the press coverage and even demeaning posters on the CTV board for even discussing this case. Her stated objective was to demonstrate just the facts which of course excluded JY from having any involvement whatsoever. Lots of excuses but IMO never direct responses to questions and many times incorrect.

The news observer in Raleigh published an article about message boards and posters, directly referencing the CTV board - this was I believe shortly before Christmas - over all the article made the posters seem strange is the best way to call it.

My comment above was strictly off the cuff - I do not know if JTF has contacted Ms. Lamb in any way. I said what I said because of how the article placed quotations around "Just the Facts". My first thought was Ms. Lamb most likely did receive at least one of JTFs epistles whining and demeaning the press for their handling of this case by making JY look bad - this is a constant mantra of JTF. The final sentence by Ms. Lamb that no one deserves to die this way IMO was directly aimed at someone. Strictly my interpretation based on the dogged persistence of JTF to berate anyone who carries an opinion that even suggests JY killed his wife.

raisincharlie said:
...From JTFs posts, it is clear that this person defends JY at every turn. This poster also was constantly whining about all the press coverage and even demeaning posters on the CTV board for even discussing this case...
Hopefully, JTF doesn't join this website. ;) I for one think Jason is guilty as the day is long.

P.S. My days are long. :)

I agree with everything you said, and would further say I do think Amanda reads that CTV board as part of her daily research on the case. At least often. And I think she knows what just the facts agenda is on the board and sees right through what this person is trying to do on Jason's behalf.

I don't think that person would send a letter to her and sign it with her CTV nik. As a member of the family they could be expected to write an epistle to her along the same lines as we have read from JTF at CTV. But I think Amanda is very smart and can tell that this person and JTF are one and the same.

raisincharlie said:
Curious1,

Let me start at the begining - JTF (short for "Just the Facts") is a poster who showed up over at CTV not long after Michelle's murder. From JTFs posts, it is clear that this person defends JY at every turn. This poster also was constantly whining about all the press coverage and even demeaning posters on the CTV board for even discussing this case. Her stated objective was to demonstrate just the facts which of course excluded JY from having any involvement whatsoever. Lots of excuses but IMO never direct responses to questions and many times incorrect.

The news observer in Raleigh published an article about message boards and posters, directly referencing the CTV board - this was I believe shortly before Christmas - over all the article made the posters seem strange is the best way to call it.

My comment above was strictly off the cuff - I do not know if JTF has contacted Ms. Lamb in any way. I said what I said because of how the article placed quotations around "Just the Facts". My first thought was Ms. Lamb most likely did receive at least one of JTFs epistles whining and demeaning the press for their handling of this case by making JY look bad - this is a constant mantra of JTF. The final sentence by Ms. Lamb that no one deserves to die this way IMO was directly aimed at someone. Strictly my interpretation based on the dogged persistence of JTF to berate anyone who carries an opinion that even suggests JY killed his wife.
Thanks RC. As always your opinions and interpretations seem to be very good and accurate. Thanks for filling me in. I'll just keep my head in the sand here at WS, the other places scare me. :p

raisincharlie said:
Curious1,

RC,

I don't think Amanda Lamb's article has anything to do with CTV's "JTF". WRAL has a recurring section that is titled "Just The Facts", see below.

http://www.wral.com/apps/search/search/?qs=%22just+the+facts%22&jump=1&x=29&y=10

Cheers!

5bigfish5 said:
RC,

I don't think Amanda Lamb's article has anything to do with CTV's "JTF". WRAL has a recurring section that is titled "Just The Facts", see below.

http://www.wral.com/apps/search/search/?qs=%22just+the+facts%22&jump=1&x=29&y=10

Cheers!
You could be right - I'm just not sure how Michelle Young's murder fits into columns mainly dealing with business concerns.

I think Scandi is correct, Ms. Lamb has figured out who JTF is and is tired of being accused of misreporting and slanting things. The autopsy tells the tale and just the facts. JMO

curious1 said:
Thanks RC. As always your opinions and interpretations seem to be very good and accurate. Thanks for filling me in. I'll just keep my head in the sand here at WS, the other places scare me. :p
:D they scare me as well...

raisincharlie said:
If I recall correctly between 5 to 6 hours depending on route. The concern I have with a straight through drive however comes down to the mileage - given the hilly - semi mountainous terrain of western VA - I have doubts an Explorer could make it that far on a single tank -if it did it was certainly running on fumes. I truly want to know what time the gas was bought as well as how much gas was bought. JMO - it won't add up.

ETA - hope this works - the drive time estimated at just over 5 hours, mileage approximately 320 - advised route:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=m4ZeC4eEaUjB0vOlaUxfVT5f51Bpt4EJHn%252bKdy9%252buhniWrMMPtEyQIcZh3zQYIMZqITWNnXrJHnnPqka8TWFW2RliOZFq31%252f%252bNqe89msInEV5ss1VF4QdMEfwgIt3WI5%252bde%252bZwfA3FTLKvp4AWJyDNLKiJDtBur4MRSKZk50Pi3ugxOUxxdKTryfSfssHY8ka2S3bhetrDOL1pxURUbw1wpmcvn9iAMdvO4EJuKTcdsLxVnyqR%252bvkg%253d%253d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=kWaydvEn2xNKn6mpUA%252b5sA%253d%253d&1g=roXBcdQnKnU9Ddf0OD9Zhw%253d%253d&1pl=&1v=ADDRESS&1n=&1pn=&1a=5108+Birchleaf+Dr&1c=Raleigh&1s=NC&1z=27606-9360&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=Duffield&2s=VA&2z=&panelbtn=2
You're right, raisincharlie ~ that highway mpg estimation wouldn't apply to driving uphill on mountain roads. I seriously doubt it would make it without refueling.

Hi 'ya Big Fish LOL

I just think then that it is quite ironic that they have that section named Just The Facts and a poster at probably the main crime forum that discusses the case who has the agenda with his epistles like Charlie pointed out. I don't think she misses a post. They give her insight and info from the public which makes her a more studied crime reporter in this case. I bet she also has a good idea who this poster is as she is a very involved local.

panthera said:
You're right, raisincharlie ~ that highway mpg estimation wouldn't apply to driving uphill on mountain roads. I seriously doubt it would make it without refueling.

Panthera, could it be he had gas already in the car to where he didn't have to fill up right away?

scandi said:
Panthera, could it be he had gas already in the car to where he didn't have to fill up right away?
That's another thing we don't know and why it's so hard to determine where he went based on the known fuel stops. There's a 22 gal. tank in that vehicle though and I was guessing based on the terrain.

I would call the roads in that area more mountainous than semi-mountainous. We rode from here (as upper East TN as you can get without being in VA) to Fontana Village, which is very near Brevard, several years ago. Took us 5 1/2 hours, which doesn't have anything to do with it, but the roads are very curvy and very mountainous. We call them the "kiss your *advertiser censored** good-bye" kind of roads. You just have to decide if you call them that because the curves are so sharp you can literally kiss your *advertiser censored** going around them or if it's because you're gonna get killed on them! Both would apply.

So he probably used much more gas than under normal driving conditions.

happy2bn10ec said:
I would call the roads in that area more mountainous than semi-mountainous. We rode from here (as upper East TN as you can get without being in VA) to Fontana Village, which is very near Brevard, several years ago. Took us 5 1/2 hours, which doesn't have anything to do with it, but the roads are very curvy and very mountainous. We call them the "kiss your *advertiser censored** good-bye" kind of roads. You just have to decide if you call them that because the curves are so sharp you can literally kiss your *advertiser censored** going around them or if it's because you're gonna get killed on them! Both would apply.

So he probably used much more gas than under normal driving conditions.
Good example! And just what I was thinking about the mpg statistics. :D

I watched a crime documentary last night about the case of Ronald Gillette who killed his wife and apparently got away with it in the 80's. I haven't been able to find anything about except for a blurb at CTV.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/forensics/fingerprints/6.html

I bring this case up because of something Ron Gillette did after he murdered his wife. Briefly, he crushed up a bunch of sleeping pills and put them in her drink. A few hours later when he found it didn't work, he suffocated her w/a black plastic garbage bag while she was still in bed. He turned the bag inside out, stuffed it with clothes and put the bag next to her on the bed so it would look like an accident. (that's pretty dumb, isn't it?!)

ANYWAY, what he did next horrified me. He brought their 3 yr old son in and had him sleep on the bed with his wife. It was like 3 or 4 a.m. at that point. They said that the boy did not see his mom dead, but is that what the father/husband wanted???

I only caught bits of it so I don't know where the husband was supposed to be, but just the thought of putting your sweet little boy next to his dead mother started me thinking about JY.

These types of people are evil and don't care about anyone but themselves.

FYI, The Lineup With Kimberly Guilfoyle will highlight Michelle's murder tonight at 10 PM (Saturday 1-27) on Fox.

Taximom said:
I watched a crime documentary last night about the case of Ronald Gillette who killed his wife and apparently got away with it in the 80's. I haven't been able to find anything about except for a blurb at CTV.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/forensics/fingerprints/6.html

I bring this case up because of something Ron Gillette did after he murdered his wife. Briefly, he crushed up a bunch of sleeping pills and put them in her drink. A few hours later when he found it didn't work, he suffocated her w/a black plastic garbage bag while she was still in bed. He turned the bag inside out, stuffed it with clothes and put the bag next to her on the bed so it would look like an accident. (that's pretty dumb, isn't it?!)

ANYWAY, what he did next horrified me. He brought their 3 yr old son in and had him sleep on the bed with his wife. It was like 3 or 4 a.m. at that point. They said that the boy did not see his mom dead, but is that what the father/husband wanted???

I only caught bits of it so I don't know where the husband was supposed to be, but just the thought of putting your sweet little boy next to his dead mother started me thinking about JY.

These types of people are evil and don't care about anyone but themselves.

i watched that also!!.... :furious:

not sure where the was suppose to be, but it was said that he probably put the child in the bed to make it look more normal..(or something like that?)...maybe the child had a habit of getting up & getting in the bed with her/them???.....just unbelievable how evil some folks are...

concernedperson said:
FYI, The Lineup With Kimberly Guilfoyle will highlight Michelle's murder tonight at 10 PM (Saturday 1-27) on Fox.

well, i missed it...hmm, going to assume there was nothing new to report since there are no posts relating to it?

I think she had a long-time coroner or investigator on that reviewed the autopsy report, as well as a psychologist or psychiatrist. I don't recall hearing anything that we haven't already discussed here. Both seemed to imply the husband did it without actually saying it. :winkwink: Lots of rage, etc. Inner turmoil on the part of the killer. They had a revolving 3-d animated image of her head w/injuries in one corner of the tv screen for some time. I think the coroner said that in his many years this was one of the most violent attacks he's seen. (I hate to say this, but surely he's seen more like this in his 20+ years on the job?)

Kim mentioned something about it being an awful lot like the Laci Peterson case. Yep.

I wish they would read here and ask the hard questions we keep asking about this case.

close_enough said:
well, i missed it...hmm, going to assume there was nothing new to report since there are no posts relating to it?
Hi Close,

The magazine arrived last week....thanks honey :)

:eek: I just read about the Montana boy found in a septic tank. Poor little angel. That has tears in my eyes :( I won't post the link it's devastating :( :(

Sami

Hi Sami. Just a quick thanks for your autopsy notes in this case. Very helpful! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7