Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely 10 foot tall hinky meter with flashing strobes, bells, and whistles! I too have aproblem with someone who refuses to talk to LE but runs the mouth to friends = alibi generation IMO.

Thanks for your thoughts - appreciate it! Nothing happening just yet today so I am attempting to finalize my "details list". Always good to get others thoughts before I do this because once I do, I usually have blinders on from that point forward.
Have a good evening - to you and the "bubs" !

Please forgive me if this has been asked and/or answered. Heck, I may have even asked it before! :blushing: Here goes: Does anyone know about the insurance money? Has it been paid to Jason or are they holding it in escrow while this case is being investigated? The answer to this question will go a long way in telling me that Jason is their prime suspect.

nanandjim said:
Please forgive me if this has been asked and/or answered. Heck, I may have even asked it before! :blushing: Here goes: Does anyone know about the insurance money? Has it been paid to Jason or are they holding it in escrow while this case is being investigated? The answer to this question will go a long way in telling me that Jason is their prime suspect.
Nanandjim,

I have seen nothing in any of the news articles indicating the status of the insurance issue - relating to whether it has been paid or not.

We have a poster here by the name of Belgardin who has extensive knowledge of the insurance business. If I recall correctly the bottom line is the insurance company will not pay the insurance until JY is officially cleared of any wrong doing since Michelle's death has been ruled a homicide. I will go do a search for Belgardin's posts and get you a link so you may read them. It was very informative - so I'll be back with a link and will edit this post.

ETA - here is one of Bellgardin's posts regarding this subject:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1263938#post1263938

Hope this helps

raisincharlie said:
Nanandjim,

I have seen nothing in any of the news articles indicating the status of the insurance issue - relating to whether it has been paid or not.

We have a poster here by the name of Belgardin who has extensive knowledge of the insurance business. If I recall correctly the bottom line is the insurance company will not pay the insurance until JY is officially cleared of any wrong doing since Michelle's death has been ruled a homicide. I will go do a search for Belgardin's posts and get you a link so you may read them. It was very informative - so I'll be back with a link and will edit this post.

ETA - here is one of Bellgardin's posts regarding this subject:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1263938#post1263938

Hope this helps
Hey RC. Thanks! That was a good post. I also was thinking about how long they could stall before Jason threatened to sue, which he may have already threatened to do so through his attorney or attorneys.

I think that Jason is probably hurting for money. I mean, does he even have a job? Is their house on the market? I think Jason murdered Michelle for a variety of reasons, the most being that he felt trapped in the marriage and definitely did not want another child. The life insurance was just an added bonus for him. He reminds me so much of Scott Peterson it isn't funny. I feel certain that Scott has been kicking himself for not following his attorney's advice and keeping his mouth shut from the beginning.

I just hope and pray that they eventually find enough evidence on this guy to nail him.

nanandjim said:
Hey RC. Thanks! That was a good post. I also was thinking about how long they could stall before Jason threatened to sue, which he may have already threatened to do so through his attorney or attorneys.

I think that Jason is probably hurting for money. I mean, does he even have a job? Is their house on the market? I think Jason murdered Michelle for a variety of reasons, the most being that he felt trapped in the marriage and definitely did not want another child. The life insurance was just an added bonus for him. He reminds me so much of Scott Peterson it isn't funny. I feel certain that Scott has been kicking himself for not following his attorney's advice and keeping his mouth shut from the beginning.

I just hope and pray that they eventually find enough evidence on this guy to nail him.
You are welcome. I do believe LE will get the goods on the murderer and he will be brought to justice. He messed up somewhere IMO. Forensics may not be back until the first week in February or a bit later due to SBI lab backups so it will be interesting to see what happens then.

RC

raisincharlie said:
Sami,

Your turn - a question seeking your thoughts. LE has never strayed from 1030 pm on 11/2 as being the last time Michelle was known to be alive. Of course with all this time on our hands I have been studying. There is this rumor that JY called Michelle at 11 pm and supposedly everything was fine. I am having some trouble believing this to be the case and wondered about your thoughts on the subject.

Here are mine:

1. If JY called Michelle at 11 pm and actually spoke to her - he never told LE about this call - I say that because again LE has expressed that the last time Michelle was known to be alive was 1030 pm. This tends to be in concert with Johnson's comments in the people article.

2. JY may have called at 11pm and got the answering machine. A phone with answering machine was taken from the bedroom under the 11/3 warrant. This machine was noted as having message(s) recorded. In which case if JY called and left a message LE would know this by now. This would tend to support LE's statement about 1030 pm. It would also negate any comments JY may have made to friends about speaking with Michelle that evening.

3. LE would now know from JY's cell records, and from the hotel if he ever made such a call. Again the time has not been officially changed, but I'm not sure LE would change this statement at the time all the records would have come in and in light of the range of time LE is looking for activitiy around the home.

There seems to be more negatives here than positives. If JY called and there was an argument - of course he is not going to tell LE this bit of information given that his wife was found murdered. If he is telling friends he called and all was fine and there are no records to confirm this, or there is a message on the machine - he is caught in an early lie - yes ? The only argument would be he called from a pay phone - seems pretty far fetched for a guy with two cells and supposedly at a hotel.

Your thoughts ?
I'm here to play devil's advocate today since there isn't any news coming out. Like to make you guys think and helps me examine both sides as well.

I don't know if there was an 11 pm call or not but here are some thoughts. This time was reported rather quickly after the murder probably before phone records were gathered. I'm sure they know now whether or not it took place. LE has kept their info very close to the chest and I'm not sure Sheriff Harrison would call a press conference to disclose especially since they have spoke nothing in the media other than the one interview with Greta.

I sort of have the same thoughts about the phone call as the business meeting. It would give him a solid alibi until at least 11 pm, then an early morning business meeting to narrow down that time frame as much as possible.

I would be willing to bet that the recorded message was in the morning rather than that night to show what a dear husband he really was....

Hi PackFan,

The deal is we don't know if there actually was an 11pm phone call. That was an insider at CTV who stated that to the forum, ConcernedCitizen. a friend of JY's. That was also the poster who suggested that maybe Michelle was pregnant by someone else :eek: , so I think he had more of an agenda than anything else.

And Charlie, I relistened to that Greta tape last night where they had a 17+ min spot on the case - Nov 9th or 10th I believe broadcast live from Raleigh. She discussed with Jeanne Pirot the timeline of the evening, and Greta stated there had to be some reason LE thought Michelle was alive till midnight. She said someone could have called her, or she could have called someone.

I was surprised her answer to that wasn't midnight was the earliest time possible for TOD, as her and Jeanne decided 6am was the latest time for TOD acc to the condition of the body when examined by the coroner.

pack_fan said:
I'm here to play devil's advocate today since there isn't any news coming out. Like to make you guys think and helps me examine both sides as well.

I don't know if there was an 11 pm call or not but here are some thoughts. This time was reported rather quickly after the murder probably before phone records were gathered. I'm sure they know now whether or not it took place. LE has kept their info very close to the chest and I'm not sure Sheriff Harrison would call a press conference to disclose especially since they have spoke nothing in the media other than the one interview with Greta.

I sort of have the same thoughts about the phone call as the business meeting. It would give him a solid alibi until at least 11 pm, then an early morning business meeting to narrow down that time frame as much as possible.

I would be willing to bet that the recorded message was in the morning rather than that night to show what a dear husband he really was....
Pack_fan,

I agree, I don't think LE would come out and say after the fact there was a phone call at 11 pm. I also agree that JY doing so would help to establish his location that night (if he indeed intended to kill Michelle or have her killed). I'm in limbo over the business meeting still. I'm not at all sure if it happened or not. For some reason I can't see this fellow walking into a business meeting cool calm and collected after having murdered his wife. I know some murderers have done things like this but for some reason, I have doubts JY did or could.

If there was a morning call or calls - I can see one or more reasons to do so. As you say - to show what a good chap he is or in the event he hired someone to do this - to see if it was done. I think it will be interesting to hear the call(s) on the 3rd since we really do not know for sure if Michelle was scheduled to work or not. Early on Amanda Lamb reported that Michelle was not expected at work - but other than that I still don't know if I can accept that as true. Meredith however says during the 911 call Michelle was suppose to be at work - it will be interesting to see both how many calls he made to reach his wife and were those calls to the house or work or both...JMO

scandi said:
Hi PackFan,

The deal is we don't know if there actually was an 11pm phone call. That was an insider at CTV who stated that to the forum, ConcernedCitizen. a friend of JY's. That was also the poster who suggested that maybe Michelle was pregnant by someone else :eek: , so I think he had more of an agenda than anything else.

And Charlie, I relistened to that Greta tape last night where they had a 17+ min spot on the case - Nov 9th or 10th I believe broadcast live from Raleigh. She discussed with Jeanne Pirot the timeline of the evening, and Greta stated there had to be some reason LE thought Michelle was alive till midnight. She said someone could have called her, or she could have called someone.

I was surprised her answer to that wasn't midnight was the earliest time possible for TOD, as her and Jeanne decided 6am was the latest time for TOD acc to the condition of the body when examined by the coroner.
Thanks for recalling that Scandi - I went back and watched it. It is possible Michelle was on the phone with someone until midnight I would agree. There is indeed some reason LE asked for help about seeing vehicles in the area between 12 and 6 am and not from 1030 pm to midnight.

It appears to me that this time frame being linked by LE to a request for sightings of vehicles or oddities probably suggests that Michelle was murdered later than midnight. I have wondered about this alot. We now know that a hotel receipt was found for 11/2, what we don't know is what time JY left, where he went, and what time he checked in at that hotel. I suspect LE has an answer to all of these aspects. I do wonder if the earliest JY could have returned from the hotel would have been midnight ?

I'm going to bring that post over here from CTV by CC that talks about that timing.

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=8780478#post8780478

Snipet
"Originally posted by ConcernedCitize

If the above is the case and I don't know if it is or isn't...

Raleigh to Blacksburg, VA is about 3 1/2 hours

Raleigh to Blacksburg Directions

Grey's anatomy started at 9pm. Apparently he was leaving as the ladies were arriving. They are not going to show up right at 9pm most likely. They probably came over around 8 to have a glass of wine and get settled in for the show. So lets say he left at 8pm... 3 1/2 hour drive to Blackburg puts him there at 11:30pm...I always get to the destination sooner than mapquest suggests it should take so that would put him at his hotel between 11pm and 11:30pm around the time he said he called to let his wife know he got there and to check on her.

**Side note - he may have left earlier than 8. I also heard someone say it was dusk... so that would be closer to 7 this time of year.

**If he went to roanoke than it would have taken about this same amount of time...maybe a little less.

So if the above is true then he woudl have stayed in the hotel in Blacksburg or Roanoke overnight and gone to his appt the next morning at say 9am (hour long meeting) and then drove to Brevard, NC which is 4 1/2 hours putting him there at 2:30pm -3pm. Meredith called 911 at 1:30. They probably notified Jason's parents 30 min to 1 1/2 hours later. This would be right before he arrived. . . ."

scandi said:
Hi PackFan,

Hi scandi! I remember seeing that particular show also and the dialogue between Greta and Jeanne. The TOD would be established by the ME and perhaps there was a phone call ~ which I'm sure by this time that LE would be able to trace even if was from a pay phone as someone else has suggested. He certainly wouldn't have fed the phone a lot of change for that call but instead used a phone card or such which would be billed to his home phone? The only way a pay phone couldn't be traced would be if he had indeed put coins in the phone as in a local call.

pack_fan said:
Just like someone else we know of who called home on his way back from the Berkeley Marina. :rolleyes:

OMG, Shades of the SP case. I'm finding more and more similarities as time goes on. I wonder if Michelle was taken by that case, and JY ended learning a lot about it by osmosis, living in the same home with her.

I did read something interesting - Lord knows where it was, but was this morning. :innocent: But someone suggested that if JY tried to do something to Michelle in the accident when they went into the river, they didn't think he was trying to kill her but rather have her end up miscarrying the baby. I guess she was a the same stage in that pregnancy as she was when she was killed. Two boy babies die at same stage of development within a year - amazingly coincidental. I don't think so!

If I just read that here on a previous page please forgive me. I thought it bore repeating anyway, and promise you I'm not going loco. I just don't havfe much time as I need to get to work. :eek: lol

scandi said:
<snip>

I did read something interesting - Lord knows where it was, but was this morning. :innocent: But someone suggested that if JY tried to do something to Michelle in the accident when they went into the river, they didn't think he was trying to kill her but rather have her end up miscarrying the baby. I guess she was a the same stage in that pregnancy as she was when she was killed. Two boy babies die at same stage of development within a year - amazingly coincidental. I don't think so!

If I just read that here on a previous page please forgive me. I thought it bore repeating anyway, and promise you I'm not going loco. I just don't havfe much time as I need to get to work. :eek: lol
You're not going loco - I put that in a post to Ticamom - I think it is possible that the accident was either just an accident or JY didn't want another baby. It is a huge coincidence IMO that one pregnancy is terminated by an accident and another is terminated by murder. Perhaps the accident was totally innocent but it may have resulted in acheiving something JY wanted nothing to do with...more responsibility, more drain on his pocket, and the later murder eliminated a wife who wanted more children. JMO of course.

Mine too Charlie,

I'm starting to think before JY left that early evening they had already had it out after the 3 month build up when it had been brewing. I think Michelle knew a lot about his activities, whether it was his calling for money when in Las Vegas to having several women besides MM, as per RPD which I believe is true.

Somehow I don't think Michelle and her friend spent a lot of time watching the show. I bet Michelle was pouring out her heart to her friend, telling her how she had told him to leave and she needed to get her life reorganized now as she'd be living without him. Bet 'cha! :)

scandi said:
Mine too Charlie,

I'm starting to think before JY left that early evening they had already had it out after the 3 month build up when it had been brewing. I think Michelle knew a lot about his activities, whether it was his calling for money when in Las Vegas to having several women besides MM, as per RPD which I believe is true.

Somehow I don't think Michelle and her friend spent a lot of time watching the show. I bet Michelle was pouring out her heart to her friend, telling her how she had told him to leave and she needed to get her life reorganized now as she'd be living without him. Bet 'cha! :)
After reading everything here thinking about it, you're probably right. I don't think Michelle spent much time watching Grey's that night either ~ there had probably been a fight and he was still in a fighting mood and went back to the house sometime after midnight.

I just want to know where Patricia Cornwell's Dr. Kay Scarpetta is when we need her the most? She could solve this crime, for sure. I'd like to get some input from Kathy Reichs too.

I don't think the hubby did this. I know, it took this long or longer with SP. Maybe they thought they had an airtight case and have been surprised by the accuracy of his alibi. Maybe he didn't produce any receipts, like SP did. He probably hadn't been fishing.

Maybe he was "involved" w/Michelle Money, but in an "emotional tampon" sort of way. I admit to having a male friend in FLA who can be just that sometimes to my hubby or me. That's just the way it is sometimes. I'm sure he hears one thing from hubby and another from me. Although I try and I hope that we don't actually give him the information he would love to have.

If MY's hubby did this, I would actually be surprised, because there has been no arrest, and consider the fact that the Michelle in FLA was putting together the scrapbook of MY's life for her funeral. Doesn't seem likely for someone who is sleeping with the woman's husband. I know it isn't popular to say this, but many of us know that sometimes a "fake" relationship online is just that, a fake. It may just be serving a need that the 2 felt and never even went any further than that.

Okay, go ahead and burn me at the stake. I'm ready. It's dadgum cold here, so I can stand some heat.

JMHO and not meant to offend anyone. But if it does, then where are the relevant facts for an arrest?

leann coburn said:
I just want to know where Patricia Cornwell's Dr. Kay Scarpetta is when we need her the most? She could solve this crime, for sure. I'd like to get some input from Kathy Reichs too.

I don't think the hubby did this. I know, it took this long or longer with SP. Maybe they thought they had an airtight case and have been surprised by the accuracy of his alibi. Maybe he didn't produce any receipts, like SP did. He probably hadn't been fishing.

Maybe he was "involved" w/Michelle Money, but in an "emotional tampon" sort of way. I admit to having a male friend in FLA who can be just that sometimes to my hubby or me. That's just the way it is sometimes. I'm sure he hears one thing from hubby and another from me. Although I try and I hope that we don't actually give him the information he would love to have.

If MY's hubby did this, I would actually be surprised, because there has been no arrest, and consider the fact that the Michelle in FLA was putting together the scrapbook of MY's life for her funeral. Doesn't seem likely for someone who is sleeping with the woman's husband. I know it isn't popular to say this, but many of us know that sometimes a "fake" relationship online is just that, a fake. It may just be serving a need that the 2 felt and never even went any further than that.

Okay, go ahead and burn me at the stake. I'm ready. It's dadgum cold here, so I can stand some heat.

JMHO and not meant to offend anyone. But if it does, then where are the relevant facts for an arrest?

hi leann:)

can you give us any info about rigor??....when Meredith found Michelle on the bedroom floor, at 1:30 pm, she said Michelle was cold & stiff..

raisincharlie said:
Thanks for taking the time Close - I did as you, tried a search and couldn't get anything either. Between you and Scandi -it looks like the first week in Feb is when results from the lab were expected provided no major malfunctions occured at the SBI lab. Not that far away now. Of course, we may not hear anything about it unless the police take some actions.

I am sure hoping the forensics return something solid to identify the killer in this case...

you're welcome RC:)

i don't think we're going to hear a thing, until an arrest is made....heck, as tight-lipped as this case is, we might not hear a thing until a trial.....hmmm, naw, i don't think that'll be the case....things will start leaking once everything is gathered/completed.....i'm also hoping the forensics return something solid, so there can be justice for Michelle....

panthera said:
After reading everything here thinking about it, you're probably right. I don't think Michelle spent much time watching Grey's that night either ~ there had probably been a fight and he was still in a fighting mood and went back to the house sometime after midnight.

I agree with you totally Panthera!~ <<cute little wavy guy>>

Hi Leann, Great to see you as usual. ;) One day someone said, " Gee, where is Leann when you need her" :D So I PM'ed you and don't know if you ever got it.

To review, blood spatter on walls and lamp. enough blood for both dog and Cassidy to leave prints throughout the house, back of skull hit 10x to point of disturbing brain tissue,TOD sometime between midnight and 6am, found following afternoon at 1:30pm. Scandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans