Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was more coverage of this story..... I chatted with my sister ( who lives near Asheville NC ) and she had never even heard of this case !
Can you believe it ? Here I am a couple thousand miles away and I am up to the latest and this happened in her own state and she hadn't heard anything about it ? !!!!!??????? You can imagine her horror when I told her about it, and yes, she automatically said " I think the husband did it . "

All I can say is Thank God for Websleuths !!!!

Ticamom said:
I wish there was more coverage of this story..... I chatted with my sister ( who lives near Asheville NC ) and she had never even heard of this case !
Can you believe it ? Here I am a couple thousand miles away and I am up to the latest and this happened in her own state and she hadn't heard anything about it ? !!!!!??????? You can imagine her horror when I told her about it, and yes, she automatically said " I think the husband did it . "

All I can say is Thank God for Websleuths !!!!
Actually this does not surprise me. I don't really see this case as a high profile case in truth. It does not have the outward drama of the Peterson case which obtained it's initial publicity by the presumed fact that Laci was "missing" . All of the elements essential for making it a high profile case are not present.

It's profile is basicaly elevated on the boards only because of the similarities to Laci - that smile. I do not mean to imply that it does not deserve attention through the media - however the truth is it is just one of many cases that occurr every year. JMO

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]To twinkle twinkle little star....

Mummy's star is burning bright
Shining down on you tonight
While you're sleeping in your bed
Gentle kisses upon your head
Full of love for you tonight.

For Cassidy
:blowkiss:

Hugs
Samiya
[/font]

Samiya said:

For Cassidy

Hugs
Samiya
[/font]
That is very precious------:blowkiss:

Samiya said:

For Cassidy

Hugs
Samiya
[/font]

This brought tears to my eyes for that precious child who lost her mommy to such a cowardly act. Thank you , Samiya .

I love your song for Cassidy Sami. Just neat! :blowkiss:

raisincharlie said:
Actually this does not surprise me. I don't really see this case as a high profile case in truth. It does not have the outward drama of the Peterson case which obtained it's initial publicity by the presumed fact that Laci was "missing" . All of the elements essential for making it a high profile case are not present.

It's profile is basicaly elevated on the boards only because of the similarities to Laci - that smile. I do not mean to imply that it does not deserve attention through the media - however the truth is it is just one of many cases that occurr every year. JMO
as usual, you are right on the money rc---and how sad is that?

I have lurked for a long time, since Trenton Duckett's case first began. I post a lot, or used to, at CTV. I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered a million times but over at CTV it is reported that Michelle Young's car "accident" occurred in May 2005. When I first started reading about this case I thought it had happened in 2006 and that she had gotten pregnant again real fast and that this went to motive. There are no archives at CTV and no one to answer a legitimate question either for that matter. I started to read your archives (which fortunately exist all the way back) for the answer and quickly realized there is so much there. So, could anyone help a lazy lurker? Was that car accident in May 2005 or May 2006. I appreciate any help.:chicken:

liveoutloud said:
So, could anyone help a lazy lurker? Was that car accident in May 2005 or May 2006. I appreciate any help.
To my limited knowledge, liveoutloud, the car accident was in 2006. Michelle lost the baby shortly after, then became pregnant again shortly after that. Sorry, I don't have links to that info. I'm a lazy lurker too!

SueY said:
To my limited knowledge, liveoutloud, the car accident was in 2006. Michelle lost the baby shortly after, then became pregnant again shortly after that. Sorry, I don't have links to that info. I'm a lazy lurker too!
Thanks!

I found this article. It states 2005.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1063178/

Still, they are examining every aspect of the couple's life together, including a May 29, 2005, Transylvania County car accident in which Jason Young drove off a road and down a 100-foot embankment into the French Broad River. Neither he nor Michelle Young were seriously injured.

Compliments of Buzz who provided me both direction and a link - I have gotten the weather for Raleigh NC, Blacksburg VA and Kingsport TN for a time period relating to the murder of Michelle. I was curious about how long a drop of what "appears to be blood" could be on the exterior of the SUV without being affected by either rain or dew deposit. The results are interesting:

Nov 2 -06 Raleigh NC (12am Nov2 - 1159pm Nov2)

Mean Temperature55 °F / 12 °C 55 °F / 12 °C Max Temperature65 °F / 18 °C 67 °F / 19 °C 84 °F / 28 °C (1974)Min Temperature44 °F / 6 °C 43 °F / 6 °C 27 °F / -2 °C (1976)
Dew Point40 °F / 4 °C
Precipitation0.00 in / 0.00 cm

Nov 3-06 Raleigh NC (12am Nov 3 - 1159pm Nov3)

Mean Temperature41 °F / 5 °C 54 °F / 12 °C Max Temperature51 °F / 10 °C 66 °F / 18 °C 84 °F / 28 °C (1974)Min Temperature30 °F / -1 °C 43 °F / 6 °C 28 °F / -2 °C (1997)
Dew Point21 °F / -6 °C

Last rainfall event in Raleigh - October 28th - 0.22 inches
Dew falls : October 30th and November 1st 2006

Blacksburg Virginia for November 3

Mean Temperature32 °F / 0 °C 46 °F / 7 °C Max Temperature41 °F / 5 °C 59 °F / 15 °C 79 °F / 26 °C (2003)Min Temperature23 °F / -5 °C 33 °F / 0 °C 20 °F / -6 °C (1954)
Dew Point18 °F / -7 °C

Kingsport TN for November 3

Mean Temperature35 °F / 1 °C 49 °F / 9 °C Max Temperature45 °F / 7 °C 62 °F / 16 °C 81 °F / 27 °C (2003)Min Temperature24 °F / -4 °C 36 °F / 2 °C 23 °F / -5 °C (1996)
Dew Point18 °F / -7 °C

Note that as long as the minimum temperature exceeds the dew point temperature there will be no dew deposited on surfaces. Also note that frost does not occur with high winds (i.e moving vehicle). Make of it what you will but you will notice there was dew fall on November 1 and October 30th. Seems to me whatever the drop was - it would have been deposited on the vehicle sometime after November 1st. If deposited on November 2nd - the vehicle was either moving or located in a shelter (garage) of some type over night into the 3rd and/or moving. JMO

Charlie, Does it make any difference that is was actually in the wee morning hours of Nov 3rd that she died?

And do we know if it was on the outside of the door or an inner edge where the door closes to hide it from the weather.

Have you ever considered the possibility the killer was doing drugs because the kill was so over the top? What, meth? :confused: I wonder if his crowd ever did drugs. Hmmmmm

scandi said:
Charlie, Does it make any difference that is was actually in the wee morning hours of Nov 3rd that she died?

And do we know if it was on the outside of the door or an inner edge where the door closes to hide it from the weather.

Have you ever considered the possibility the killer was doing drugs because the kill was so over the top? What, meth? :confused: I wonder if his crowd ever did drugs. Hmmmmm
Hi scandi! It's usually the coldest right before sunrise, so it seems what charlie has posted would be accurate.

With the overkill in this murder you have a good point about the drugs, especially meth possibly being involved.

scandi said:

This is why I posted both the data for the 2nd and the 3rd. Note that low temp for the 3rd was 30 - possibility for a light frost unless it was windy or the vehicle was parked in a sheltered area - could be under a tree, or in a building. I don't know of too many hotels that have covered parking except for in big cities where there may be underground or parking garages available.

The warrant reads : "Major Johnson also observed what appeared to be a dark spot consistent with a blood droplet on the exterior driver's side rear door". I tend to think this means it was observable without opening the door - exterior IMO means the outer surface of the vehicle.

To be truthful with you - I do not think about the drug angles or the phsyco babble stuff. I'm pretty black and white - someone killed her and unless it is proven they are totally wacko insane - I truly don't care about any other potential cause and effect. I do not mean to sound harsh but I follow the keep it simple train...just me. :crazy:

YaYa Charlie, I'm with you on the drug angle. I only brought it up as someone at CTV said the viciousness of the murder could have been done by someone on drugs - like it would take that.

Thanks for the link vergage on where the blood droplett was. I had a thought if there was a hole in a plastic bag that was filoled with bloody thingts from the crime, a drop could have spun out as he swung the bag into the back seat.

scandi said:
YaYa Charlie, I'm with you on the drug angle. I only brought it up as someone at CTV said the viciousness of the murder could have been done by someone on drugs - like it would take that.

Thanks for the link vergage on where the blood droplett was. I had a thought if there was a hole in a plastic bag that was filoled with bloody thingts from the crime, a drop could have spun out as he swung the bag into the back seat.
To me the most interesting thing about the droplets - they were both located behind the driver and on the driver's side. This tends to make me think the droplets were indeed a result of the driver of the vehicle opening the door and placing something in the vehicle.

I know some thought perhaps these drops could have been the result of Cassidy eating something while in the vehicle - I can buy that that for the inside drop but given rain fell on the 28th of October and there were at least two dew falls, and the days thereafter never got much above 55 - I doubt the window would have been open for Cassidy to spit out the window - JMO. I also have a feeling Cassidy was not in the SUV all that often. If you look at the pictures Scout posted - Cassidy is clearly in the Lexis and clearly positioned on the passenger side - consistent with MY taking her to day care and so forth. JMO - I tend to think the droplets mave have come back to be blood, most likely JYs.

It would really be something wouldn't it if this was JYs blood. Had to be a very small amount for JY not to notice it & try to clean it. It absolutely amazes me how these cops can see the teeniest tiniest blood drops. I remembr OJs truck & Nicole's gate and then of course SP. Chalk it up to a well trained eye, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99