Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
close_enough said:
an official TOD isn't included in this article, i notice....
Will the actual autopsy be available to the public now? (Viewable online?)

Someone at CTV was going to check out the autopsy report in person, if I recall correctly.

Taximom said:

Someone at CTV was going to check out the autopsy report in person, if I recall correctly.

i would GUESS that if the actual results are released to the public, WRAL will update that link??....i'm checking it every so often, just in case....

close_enough said:
Autopsy

Raleigh — Michelle Young was beaten numerous times and suffered a fractured skull when she was killed in early November, according to the autopsy report, which was released Monday.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1175401/
Thanks for posting this ~ I'd just seen it online and I'm not surprised by the extent of her injuries, and having several teeth knocked out explains how the investigators missed that one tooth which was later found. It's interesting to me that the "perp" first tried to strangle her and then turned to beating her to death and from that it seems the object that was used may have been something readily at hand in the bedroom. Didn't we discuss the possibility it was a lamp or such earlier?

Taximom said:
I'm hoping that WRAL obtains a copy and publishes it ~ so we can see if a TOD was ever arrived at. I also noticed the cut on her left thumb in the article we have and was wondering if the object used to beat her had sharp edge to it?

Was just over at CTV. On today's thread, RPD reportedly received an email from Amanda Lamb who said they were uploading the report on their site. That's WRAL

panthera said:
Thanks for posting this ~ I'd just seen it online and I'm not surprised by the extent of her injuries, and having several teeth knocked out explains how the investigators missed that one tooth which was later found. It's interesting to me that the "perp" first tried to strangle her and then turned to beating her to death and from that it seems the object that was used may have been something readily at hand in the bedroom. Didn't we discuss the possibility it was a lamp or such earlier?

yes, the lamp has been mentioned several times...& yes, seems that Michelle put up such a struggle, that "the perp" wasn't able to strangle her, & had to beat her to death....poor Michelle:(
....she fought for her life, it sure sounds like...."the perp" SURELY had to have marks/bruisings on his body....how long after MY's murder was it when JY actually SAW LE in person to give fingerprints & whatnot....i can't remember ....

panthera said:
I'm hoping that WRAL obtains a copy and publishes it ~ so we can see if a TOD was ever arrived at. I also noticed the cut on her left thumb in the article we have and was wondering if the object used to beat her had sharp edge to it?

yeah, i was wondering the same thing...hmmm

panthera said:
I know exactly how close Brevard is to Charlotte ~ I'm in the Charlotte area!! ;)
Totally OT..... Hi Neighbor. :) Darn we need a waving smiley on here.

BarnGoddess said:
Was just over at CTV. On today's thread, RPD reportedly received an email from Amanda Lamb who said they were uploading the report on their site. That's WRAL

yes!...i've been checking on that link to see it's updated...hasn't yet..

& good morning BG...

close_enough said:
yes, the lamp has been mentioned several times...& yes, seems that Michelle put up such a struggle, that "the perp" wasn't able to strangle her, & had to beat her to death....poor Michelle:(
....she fought for her life, it sure sounds like...."the perp" SURELY had to have marks/bruisings on his body....how long after MY's murder was it when JY actually SAW LE in person to give fingerprints & whatnot....i can't remember ....
There's an article from the News & Observer from 11/09/06 regarding the order for him to supply fingerprits, blood samples and other forms of material evidence. I too think that the "perp" would've had some injuries to himself if that much of a struggle took place, but the bruises on Michelle's hands could've been from her putting her hands up in a defensive posture?

panthera said:
Wasn't there some kind of law passed a few years ago about publishing autopsy reports? Seems like when Dale Earnhardt got killed, his wife went to court and had it stopped from being published? Then they passed some kind of law about it - I can't remember exactly how it happened now. Maybe it was just in FL?

curious1 said:
Totally OT..... Hi Neighbor. :) Darn we need a waving smiley on here.
Hi! and yes that's one smilie that's missing here! You're in Charlotte also? :)

happy2bn10ec said:
Wasn't there some kind of law passed a few years ago about publishing autopsy reports? Seems like when Dale Earnhardt got killed, his wife went to court and had it stopped from being published? Then they passed some kind of law about it - I can't remember exactly how it happened now. Maybe it was just in FL?
That was in Florida since he was killed there and it was in regard to the autopsy photos not the report itself. His wife, Teresa and his family didn't want the media to be able to publish the photos online and such.

panthera said:
There's an article from the News & Observer from 11/09/06 regarding the order for him to supply fingerprits, blood samples and other forms of material evidence. I too think that the "perp" would've had some injuries to himself if that much of a struggle took place, but the bruises on Michelle's hands could've been from her putting her hands up in a defensive posture?

yeah, you're right...either a defensive posture, OR where she was trying get blows of her own in.....poor thing!

hmmmm, if enough time had passed, there might not have been any bruising or marks on him....hard to say...what?..5 or 6 days? hmmmmm

happy2bn10ec said:
I thought autopsy reports were available publically, but not the pictures. :waitasec: I bet laws are different in every county/state.

Edited to add that I just now saw Panthera's response. :D

panthera said:
That was in Florida since he was killed there and it was in regard to the autopsy photos not the report itself. His wife, Teresa and his family didn't want the media to be able to publish the photos online and such.
Thanks for clearing that up - my memory is terrible, no, worse than terrible!

close_enough said:
yeah, you're right...either a defensive posture, OR where she was trying get blows of her own in.....poor thing!

hmmmm, if enough time had passed, there might not have been any bruising or marks on him....hard to say...what?..5 or 6 days? hmmmmm
She might have been trying to fight back, but the cut on her thumb makes me think that happened from contact with something sharp on the weapon itself. It would've been six days from the day of the murder to when the judge ordered his compliance, and depending on the extent of any cuts, etc. could've healed.

happy2bn10ec said:
Thanks for clearing that up - my memory is terrible, no, worse than terrible!
No problem at all ~ my husband and I were big fans of his. ;)

panthera said:
Hi! and yes that's one smilie that's missing here! You're in Charlotte also? :)
Yep a transplant from the Raleighwood area, but a Carolina girl from birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat