Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
otto said:
About Meredith having a key, we have a keypad on our house and a few family members have our code. Also, people in our family share keys so in case we lose the keys or get locked out, someone can help.

Come to think of it, Jason must have known that Meredith had access to the house because that is the only way that Jason could have asked her to pick up the fax while thinking that Michelle was away. It makes me ask another question ... who else in the family had a key or code?

It definitely looks like a 2 story house ... check out the video on this page: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/13/earlyshow/main2175238.shtml
"The Youngs bought their 2,800-square foot home in May 2005 for $379,000, according to court records. Michelle Marie Young graduated in 1999 from N.C. State University with an undergraduate degree in accounting." http://www.newsobserver.com/167/story/506181.html

it was mentioned tonight on Greta's show that "other people were fingerprinted today".... anyone that had access to the house/the family, etc...

fine house, for sure.....it's a two story house from what i could tell...

j2mirish said:
n&j- what was her occupation? tia

"Michelle Marie Young graduated in 1999 from N.C. State University with an undergraduate degree in accounting" (link above). "[Michelle]Young, a senior tax consultant at Progress Energy, was found murdered in her home on November 3rd. She was five months pregnant with her second child." http://rdu.news14.com/content/your_news/triangle/default.asp?ArID=94112

I think he worked with Chart One Electronic Management Solutions.

close_enough said:
it was said tonight on NG that she had a "good job" in the financial dept at a place called Charter One....i could be wrong about the name of the company though...

The company name is Progress Energy. On NG, they said she was a tax consultant and had a master's degree.

otto said:
I don't have a problem with Meredith asking Cassidy to go into her room and close the door for "two secs". The 911 operator told her to secure the child so Meredith could verify Michelle's condition. Every time the guy asked her if Michelle was dead, she said she didn't know. She was obviously a little confused and it definitely seems like she doesn't want to say it out loud - because then it makes it real. She says there's blood everywhere, that Michelle is cold, that she's stiff. Secondly, Cassidy had been in the house for some time alone, obvious from the footprints, so the chance of a bad guy still being in the home was low. Finally, the 911 operator didn't even think about the possibility that there was an intruder in the home since he asked Meredith to secure the child somewhere while Meredith went into the bedroom alone to assess the situation.

I haven't come across any links to a myspace account from any of the family members.

Also, when Meredith asks Cassidy if she knew what happened, I hear her say "Daddy" and then there's a bump on the recording so it's hard to understand what she says ... but I'll bet that recording is being enhanced to get a clear understanding of what she said. I'm speculating but if the family is suspicious of the husband, it may be because they already know what Cassidy said. She seems to be a very articulate child for her age. The problem with testimony from very young children is that they sometimes name the most important people in their lives when they're afraid.

The 911 operator seems a little odd if you ask me. How many times did he have to be told that Michelle was cold before he understood that she was cold!

exactly Otto!!...i thought the very same thing...Cassie says "Daddy" as plain as day, then starts jabbering away, after being asked "do you know what happened to mommy?"....i think there's good reason to speculate that LE has gone over that tape with a fine tooth comb, as far as enhancement, & i think it's very possible that the family already knows what she said too.....(as far as speculation goes)

SewingDeb said:
The company name is Progress Energy. On NG, they said she was a tax consultant and had a master's degree.

ok...wasn't sure..i kinda thought i had the company name turned around/wrong, but apparently Michelle was making good money....it was mentioned "she had a good job in the financial dept"....Jason just started at Chart One 3 months ago....

close_enough said:
exactly Otto!!...i thought the very same thing...Cassie says "Daddy" as plain as day, then starts jabbering away, after being asked "do you know what happened to mommy?"....i think there's good reason to speculate that LE has gone over that tape with a fine tooth comb, as far as enhancement, & i think it's very possible that the family already knows what she said too.....(as far as speculation goes)

A couple of people have commented that it sounds like she said Daddy, and she probably did. The big question is what did she say next. Realistically, she should have been sleeping when this happened and may have just been talking about her dad because she would have been pretty upset about her situation.

[font=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]Photograph Date: 2/9/1996[/font]
0261F600.JPG

I worry about my daughter in NC all the time. It bugs the hell out of me that they don't have fences there. Wouldn't help if it was the hubby, though.

Taximom said:
I don't know what I would do either. After seeing the home last night on Greta's show, it didn't look like neighbors were close by. She probably would have had to drive to a neighbors house, especially with a 2 yr old. And who knows who's lurking in the trees outside the home? That would be a tough situation.

I'm kind of psyched about cell phone records. They have been helpful in identifying the location of suspects in the past. If his was turned off for any length of time and that was abnormal for him...that will be very telling.
I'm assuming he had one, but nowadays it's almost a given. Add in the fact that he's a salesperson...he had to have one or two, right?

i agree...curious to know his timeline..when he left the house & if the phone was being picked up by a cell tower....

otto said:
"Michelle Marie Young graduated in 1999 from N.C. State University with an undergraduate degree in accounting" (link above). "[Michelle]Young, a senior tax consultant at Progress Energy, was found murdered in her home on November 3rd. She was five months pregnant with her second child." http://rdu.news14.com/content/your_news/triangle/default.asp?ArID=94112

I think he worked with Chart One Electronic Management Solutions.
thanks otto and c/e

does it seem strange to anyone else that her sister did not know her work schedule? -not implying anything--- i just thought that was odd- did michelle often take off fridays- was it an every other, was it just if she wanted to? DID Jason know if she was to be off that Friday?. or did she decide to take it off, after he left- you know what I mean? maybe decided, he was going to be gone, and she would just take the day- her and her little girl, with no one to answer to--- just hang out--- I can see me doing that- and telling hubby the next day on the phone I didnt go to work--- but then he and I talk all thru out the day- so by 9 in the morning he would know where i was--but maybe they didnt normally talk thru out the day-

JLJames said:
I worry about my daughter in NC all the time. It bugs the hell out of me that they don't have fences there. Wouldn't help if it was the hubby, though.

welcome James....thanks for the picture of the house...it's a mighty fine house, IMO....i don't know, but i just don't think fences keep 'bad people' away, in this day & time:(

What about the dog? We know they had one. After watching a video of a robber who breaks in to a store or rather falls into it and repeatedly is videotaped continuing these ridiculous antics it becomes clear he's on drugs or something and then of course you see his pic at the end that just confirms this very normal looking guy had to be stoned during this robbery attempt.

I am reminded that this could've been Michele's fate and the dog barking with posssibly the baby crying in such a quiet area caused the intruder to flee without being able to steal anything. No evidence of forcefull entry and nothing missing is never cut and dry especially if there is a possibility that a door wasn't locked completely, a window or anything. Look at all the crazy meth heads running around committing heinous crimes every day. The Harvey's in broad daylight and it goes on and on.

otto said:
A couple of people have commented that it sounds like she said Daddy, and she probably did. The big question is what did she say next. Realistically, she should have been sleeping when this happened and may have just been talking about her dad because she would have been pretty upset about her situation.

she said "Daddy" for sure, but you're right....in her head there's only 'mommy & daddy'...the main people in her life, (hope this is making sense) so it would make sense to me that seeing mommy with a "boo boos" might bring to mind thoughts of her daddy, but she sure started rambling on right after she was asked "do you know what happened to Mommy?".....& yes, realistically she should have been sleeping, but what if.....if she woke up during a struggle...from what i've read here in the thread it sounds like Michelle put up a hard fight...she could have screamed/yelled....things could have been knocked over, etc....Cassie could have woke up & walked in on Daddy trying to clean up?????......it's possible

close_enough said:
ok...wasn't sure..i kinda thought i had the company name turned around/wrong, but apparently Michelle was making good money....it was mentioned "she had a good job in the financial dept"....Jason just started at Chart One 3 months ago....

Remember how Scott's business wasn't going too well ... maybe Jason's commissions weren't going too well either. Maybe Jason was pretty worried about having to support the family on his income while Michelle took maternity leave.

I personally do not fault the 911 operator for how it was handled, I would think it would be very stressful and their main objective is to try to keep the other party somewhat claim while police etc are on the way.

Greta was very interesting tonight..

strach304 said:
What about the dog? We know they had one. After watching a video of a robber who breaks in to a store or rather falls into it and repeatedly is videotaped continuing these ridiculous antics it becomes clear he's on drugs or something and then of course you see his pic at the end that just confirms this very normal looking guy had to be stoned during this robbery attempt.

I am reminded that this could've been Michele's fate and the dog barking with posssibly the baby crying in such a quiet area caused the intruder to flee without being able to steal anything. No evidence of forcefull entry and nothing missing is never cut and dry especially if there is a possibility that a door wasn't locked completely, a window or anything. Look at all the crazy meth heads running around committing heinous crimes every day. The Harvey's in broad daylight and it goes on and on.

good point, strach.....i was thinking earlier today that even though LE says this wasn't a random killing, law enforcement have been wrong on occasions....the Groene murders in Idaho, for one....as 'random' as you can get....Duncan was driving past the house & saw 2 kids in the yard, & started making deadly 'plans'.......

Straitfan said:
I personally do not fault the 911 operator for how it was handled, I would think it would be very stressful and their main objective is to try to keep the other party somewhat claim while police etc are on the way.

I missed Greta. Anything new? Or any different theories?

I'm looking at the roof that sits right below the windows :waitasec: Why? I had a stalker of my own at a place I worked some years ago who threatened to do what I won't repeat here to me and what was so alarming was that he knew my house had that kind of roof when there's no way he should've known where I lived and climbing in my bedroom window from the roof was the opening line to the threat. Then later (few days) his ex came to see me and showed me first hand what he had done to her and the description was exactly what he told me he was going to do to me! Yes, I contacted police and he was a repeat offender of sexual crimes towards women. He did first physically assault me though before the threat was made and many were aware of the situation. I'm just saying that maybe one of those upstairs windows was the access seeing the setup there a neighbor most likely wouldn't notice especially if late.

strach304 said:

I just went back to the obituary page, with photos, but it's gone except for the movie: http://brownwynne.mem.com/movie/MovingMemories.asp?ID=1581967&mm=0 which, if I recall, is most of the photos in a movie format. There was a big black dog, like a rottweiler, in the photos. Maybe someone else remembers the breed of dog. It looks pretty serious as a watchdog. There's a picture of a little girl with the big dog and I just assumed it was Cassidy. That dog should have deterred a thief or been injured in the scuffle.

At the very least, the dog should have warned Michelle to get the phone and be ready to call the police.

jilly said:
We're all waiting for Greta's show coming on here shortly!:D

Nancy's show had a segment tonite but nothing much there. There don't appear to be any leaks here, so we're all just left to wonder.

yeah, no leaks at all...no leaks on who the visitor/visitors were that night, no leaks on when Jason was suppose to have left, nothing....Jean Casorus (sp?) said some have said he left at "twilight" & some have said he left in the afternoon, but no concrete statements from LE....

Straitfan said:

But he was doing more than trying to keep the sister calm Straitfan. He kept telling her to turn her sister over. In fact at one point (if I remember correctly), he said "you've got to".

She kept telling him her sister was cold. Wouldn't turning her over, compromise the crime scene? She's on the floor face down in a pool of blood. They're probably looking at blood spatter and everything else.

I can see it if her sister was breathing but she told him a couple of times that she was pretty sure she was dead. She even volunteered to take her sister's pulse. I don't know why the operator didn't make that suggestion to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member