Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA, I don't know the answer to your question. I think being out of town may have been planned so that he would have an alibi. That's why I would really like to see just how often he visited his parents in the past!

If it wasn't routine for him or planned out in advance, then I see exactly why his stepdad told him to seek the advice of an attorney. :liar:

I also think if you are stupid enough to kill your wife, or anyone for that matter, then all the planning in the world probably won't help you in the end.

Taximom said:
I also think if you are stupid enough to kill your wife, or anyone for that matter, then all the planning in the world probably won't help you in the end.

And there are stupid maniacs out there, Taximom. As far as Jason goes, obviously I know nothing more than anyone else here and for me it's all very limited, including: what we know; what history has taught us in these (and other) murder cases/trials and .... things criminal profilers demonstrate.

NOTHING proves this was Jason and Lord above, no-one wants this crime to be at his hands. (No-one wanted the crime, period!) We have no timeline and very little 'evidence' or knowledge of this case; yet it's gripping the nation, forums, blogs, water-coolers and TV talk-stations are beginning to cover it... Very little in the press, though.

That said, there are things that appear too wierd for me to rule him out. I feel his alibi has 'just one too many' bolts to tie it down; there's been an unusual influx of early-Jasonites hit the web - and it's been 2 weeks. SP was still hiding at this stage - it's a very new case - and maybe press hasn't picked up on things/leaks because they're very secured right now? Time will tell ...

And ... yes, (hands-up) I've witnessed FAR TOO MANY men lie straight-faced and create the most absurd stories that nothing shocks me anymore (or deters me...). It's what comes out later that will decide. However, if the perp turns out to be someone else - then as long as he/she is off the streets and punished, so be it: equal wrath to whomsoever the perp is!

oceanblueeyes said:
Who is saying he lost his job? I am sure at this time the company is very well aware of what is happening in his life now and that he has his little child to give special care to due to this tragedy. Many employers will give their employees ample time to be off in emergency situation.

Has it been verified that he doesn't have a job? Who is saying that? I must have missed it.

I am sure he is not back working yet, it has only been 2 weeks since Michelle and the baby died.

IMO

Ocean

I haven't seen anywhere else that he lost his job. Companies are very compassionate when it comes to an employee loosing a spouse. These circumstances would bring even more emotion.

I know that with some companies, even if you return after two weeks, they'll ask you if you're sure you are ready to come back. Although Jason had only been at this job for three months, I can't see them treating him any different than if he'd been there for ten years. They'd probably give him as much time (within reason) as he needed.

JMHO
fran

Cypros said:
It is possible to receive a fax through the computer. It is called an efax.

Thanks Cypros, I have heard of an efax, but don't know that much about it yet. Actually, I need to set-up an efax account now for a new job, but just haven't gotten to it yet.

Jason was in the software distribution business which would mean he would have access to all of the latest technology. There's ways to get your information from one computer to another location. So, IF this was an efax, wouldn't that mean it didn't automatically print out, but is on his computer?

With my new job, they told us to set up an account with Kinkos so we could receive our efax when we're on the road and need a print out ASAP. It costs about .08 per page.

So, IF it was an efax, this would make the Meredith going to the house to retrieve a fax even more bizarre.

JMHO
fran

raisincharlie said:
Good food Fran !!!
a computer could be very obvious to a family member or friend possibly, so a computer is a good idea I think. other electronic equipment could be obvious as well.

what if only a hard drive is missing from a computer - that would catch anyone's eye and certainly raise a few eyebrows when discovered...whatever is missing, if indeed something is missing, and there is no confirmed official report of that, I would suspect it is something that would betray the killer. JMO.

Could also be the murder weapon

You're right raisincharlie, a computer would be OBVIOUS. Perhaps that's why LE didn't have Jason look over the house?

The hard drive, if missing, wouldn't be immediately noticeable, that is until LE attempted to do forensics on the computer. Like the March case, originally everything seemed normal, the computer even had the harddrive but LE didn't take it right away. Somehow the harddrive mysteriously disappeared before LE could get their hands on it. :doh:

No one seems to know what happened to it, even the husband who now is awaiting trial for his wife's murder, although they've never found her body, what 10 or more years later.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
Thanks Cypros, I have heard of an efax, but don't know that much about it yet. Actually, I need to set-up an efax account now for a new job, but just haven't gotten to it yet.

Jason was in the software distribution business which would mean he would have access to all of the latest technology. There's ways to get your information from one computer to another location. So, IF this was an efax, wouldn't that mean it didn't automatically print out, but is on his computer?

With my new job, they told us to set up an account with Kinkos so we could receive our efax when we're on the road and need a print out ASAP. It costs about .08 per page.

So, IF it was an efax, this would make the Meredith going to the house to retrieve a fax even more bizarre.

Yes, I believe you are correct. The efax is sent to the computer and then has to be printed out. It may be possible to set it up to print automatically if the computer is on, but if the computer is off the fax would not be able to print.

So, yes, it would be odd if he asked Meredith to go to the house to retrieve a fax from a closed computer.

fran said:
Hi! packerdog! :)

Yes, this case is just up our alley, right?! :angel:

I honestly hate going on the Jason train on this. After all, he did loose his wife. IF he's innocent, all of our 'he's the one!' comments could be deeply hurtful to him as well as his family.

I'm honestly trying to see another angle here, but right now, there's just a few things that have my 'gut reaction' going towards Jason. After a few days of watching one case I finally said I thought the bf did it (willbanks), but at the same time I said I could be wrong and would be the first to apologize. And I did on this forum, the minute I learned she was located.

It took me a month or so to figure out SP did it. I didn't even think he did it after I heard about the fishing, the 'new' life insurance, or even the gf. It took SP himself to convince me. Of course, I also didn't know the full details of the first night and his interactions with LE. Had I known those details, I probably would have zeroed in on him much sooner.

There are things I see here that draw me to the husband. The out of town trip etc., that truly could be explained......the late night phone call, the two additional phone attempts and why he felt she didn't answer, the visit to his parents, even his reaction when he learned of her death is all what could be considered normal behavior. Even him getting an attorney is what is considered normal in this day and age.

For me, it's his actions since the murder of his wife and unborn son that have made me suspicious of him. IF he really wanted to help catch who did this, why hasn't he voluntarily, along with his 'high profile' attorney, gone into police headquarters, and told them everything he knows. He may know something that he isn't even aware of, that could lead investigators to his wife's murderer. He'd have his attorney there to protect him from making any self-incriminating statements. Honestly, IF he's innocent, why isn't he yelling from the highest roof-top?

When the husband doesn't voluntarily step forward, it leaves many sleuthers to zero in on him as perp. Why? Because it makes it look like he's hiding something. As we've seen, once we sleuthers start digging, there is ALOT that points towards the husband. All circumstantial, of course, but point it does, directly at Jason.

Why hasn't LE had Jason go through the house with them to see if anything is missing? He's the only one who would know, after all. LE sure spent an awful long time in that house, IMO. AND, they don't even know (first hand from the husband), if it was a burglary gone bad.

Having his friends running around the internet professing his innocence isn't going to cut it. Especially after they've already thrown out that the 'victim' could have been cheating on him and it may not have even been his baby. It looks like a plain old smear campaign against the victim and that the poster has an agenda of putting out what a swell guy the husband is. They were a wonderful and loving couple. Deeply in love. He was thrilled about the new baby,..........yadda, yadda, yadda,..........

I think we've heard these words before. :(

JMHO
fran
Hi Frannie!! Is there room in the boat with you and Packer Dog??? I got a gut reaction to the husband's actions after he
learned of the murder too. I would imagine that LE is overturning every
rock for information on this guy. I wonder if he, like all those before him, peterson, hacking, m. peterson, justin barber, neulander, greinenger....
thinks he is smarter then the police?

Bee Charmer said:
Hi Frannie!! Is there room in the boat with you and Packer Dog??? I got a gut reaction to the husband's actions after he
learned of the murder too. I would imagine that LE is overturning every
rock for information on this guy. I wonder if he, like all those before him, peterson, hacking, m. peterson, justin barber, neulander, greinenger....
thinks he is smarter then the police?

Hiya Bee Charmer! :)

Of course there's room in the boat for you. Actually, we may have to rent an entire cruise ship for this one! But please, no one come aboard that has any flu symptoms! :D

I heard that they've released the home and are now canvassing the neighborhood. This is all SOP. They need to leave no stone unturned. They do not want to be accused of 'tunnel vision' and 'rush to judgment.'

I'm still waiting for the grieving husband and his 'alibi' family to come in and give 'official statements.' Don't they want this case solved!?

You're so right about the mounting # of husbands who've found it necessary to 'kill' their spouse than get a divorce. This is so disheartening.

Do you ever watch A & E? It's interesting the # of husbands and bf's who are now being arrested for murdering their SO, AFTER they mysteriously died or were murdered the same way the husband or bf's previous one or even TWO SO's died, 10 to 20 years earlier.

This phenomena has been around for a long time. It just took the Laci Peterson case to bring attention of it to the MSM. NOW we hear about it on an almost daily basis.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
Hiya Bee Charmer! :)

Of course there's room in the boat for you. Actually, we may have to rent an entire cruise ship for this one! But please, no one come aboard that has any flu symptoms! :D

I heard that they've released the home and are now canvassing the neighborhood. This is all SOP. They need to leave no stone unturned. They do not want to be accused of 'tunnel vision' and 'rush to judgment.'

I'm still waiting for the grieving husband and his 'alibi' family to come in and give 'official statements.' Don't they want this case solved!?

You're so right about the mounting # of husbands who've found it necessary to 'kill' their spouse than get a divorce. This is so disheartening.

Do you ever watch A & E? It's interesting the # of husbands and bf's who are now being arrested for murdering their SO, AFTER they mysteriously died or were murdered the same way the husband or bf's previous one or even TWO SO's died, 10 to 20 years earlier.

This phenomena has been around for a long time. It just took the Laci Peterson case to bring attention of it to the MSM. NOW we hear about it on an almost daily basis.

JMHO
fran

Hi again fran - yes! Very possible the puter is missing: it's pure speculation from these front rows, not so?

And ... I hope you don't object to me responding to this - time will tell, lol...

Phew! Just spent good couple hours googliing this subject, and of course dragged myself into reading a few cases. The statistics are horrific! These figures are climbing climb year on year... and highest percentage where bio father involved is in the US (but as a high populace, these figs may distort actual w/wide representation).

OMG!

I read a few cases; just finished Michael & Leann Fletcher. Lord above: sweetheart college pin-up couple; he was a crim defense lawyer; good lifestyle/neighborhood; both much loved and admired - had a dau (then 3) Hannah; Leann was just pg with his 2nd child .... & he shot her to pursue an affair he was having with a court district JUDGE! ugh!

Taximom said:
PSA, I don't know the answer to your question. I think being out of town may have been planned so that he would have an alibi. That's why I would really like to see just how often he visited his parents in the past!

If it wasn't routine for him or planned out in advance, then I see exactly why his stepdad told him to seek the advice of an attorney. :liar:

Taximom,

This is the one known aspect, the trip to the folks, that actually does make me suspicious. However, a little bit of information could resolve this for me. I have difficulty with the location of his meeting, which was somewhere in Virginia (according to Fussell in the paper) versus the location of his parents and the drive time involved. Now if it comes out that the 3rd or 4th of November was their anniversary or one of the parents birthdays or some event such as that - my suspicion would disappear.

What makes it all the more suspicious for me, if I take in some of the "friends" information - the two phone calls that he might have made to his wife that supposedly went to voice mail, and the supposed Dr.s appointment. If there was a Dr. appointment, I would think he would have known at approximately what time and seeing as how she was pregnant I would think he would have called more than just twice - just to make sure things were well and there would be no need for him to return home. I say this because the friends have also said there was a troubled and terminated pregnancy in her recent past history - I would think a bit more concern would be in order before driving 5 hours away from his wife - JMO.

This is what really bugs me about Jason - the rest I can find some reasonable explanation for.

Bee Charmer said:
In the following article from the NO,
Sheriff Harrison is quoted as telling the neighbors
that they are safe.
Now, why would he do that
when this horrible murder is still unsolved?
:rolleyes:

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/507222.html

They have to have reasonable guestimate as to who did it, BeeCharmer. Perhaps they're down to, say, 2/3 POI's in a well-sifted basket of potential perps...

Will be interesting to:

Evaluate the position (angle, height, weight) via blows of m/weapon;

Identify m/weapon;

Determine angle, shape, size of blood spatter on walls;

What was the status of coagulation at specific entry wounds on discovery;

Had lividity completed its cycle when meredith walked in?

How much blood was on Meredith after she attempted to follow 911's instructions;

How long after Meredith's discovery of Michelle was the cycle of rigor complete?

... and the list continues ...

raisincharlie said:
Taximom,

This is the one known aspect, the trip to the folks, that actually does make me suspicious. However, a little bit of information could resolve this for me. I have difficulty with the location of his meeting, which was somewhere in Virginia (according to Fussell in the paper) versus the location of his parents and the drive time involved. Now if it comes out that the 3rd or 4th of November was their anniversary or one of the parents birthdays or some event such as that - my suspicion would disappear.

What makes it all the more suspicious for me, if I take in some of the "friends" information - the two phone calls that he might have made to his wife that supposedly went to voice mail, and the supposed Dr.s appointment. If there was a Dr. appointment, I would think he would have known at approximately what time and seeing as how she was pregnant I would think he would have called more than just twice - just to make sure things were well and there would be no need for him to return home. I say this because the friends have also said there was a troubled and terminated pregnancy in her recent past history - I would think a bit more concern would be in order before driving 5 hours away from his wife - JMO.

This is what really bugs me about Jason - the rest I can find some reasonable explanation for.
raisin: Oh yeah, my suspicion would disappear too if there was some routine (one Fri/month) to his parental visits, or a special occasion. That would indeed be nice to hear. (Hint, hint Jason!)

I keep thinking of little Cassidy and how confused and sad she must be.

I also think it's good that she had a little time directly after the crime with her mother's side of the family. If she said anything indicating her daddy hurt mommy, I doubt they would have let her go as easily with her daddy as she did.

This is a tough one.

nanandjim said:
Hey, thanks. I notice that this is from cache. Does that mean that it has been deleted?
Last I checked, nanandjim, it had been made private.

nanandjim said:
Hey, thanks. I notice that this is from cache. Does that mean that it has been deleted?

I'm just a wee bit disturbed at a couple of her dislikes:

Most asain people

. . .

LYSPS! (or anyother speech impediment).

not that it has to do with anything, of course - but they jumped out at me as her being intolerant of people who are who they are, that's all.

Taximom said:
raisin: Oh yeah, my suspicion would disappear too if there was some routine (one Fri/month) to his parental visits, or a special occasion. That would indeed be nice to hear. (Hint, hint Jason!)

I keep thinking of little Cassidy and how confused and sad she must be.

I also think it's good that she had a little time directly after the crime with her mother's side of the family. If she said anything indicating her daddy hurt mommy, I doubt they would have let her go as easily with her daddy as she did.

This is a tough one.
I think you make a very good point about Cassidy - if she had made any indication she saw her dad hurt her Mom, they GPs would not have let her go so easily.

I am sure this little baby is sad, not necessarily because she understands what happened, more because she doesn't. Right now the only thing she knows is Mom isn't around - the rest of it is beyond her complete comprehension, I think in that respect it is good. When this child gets older however, someone at some time is going to have to tell her the truth, that is going to be most difficult. I'm of the mind that I truly hope her father is not involved - she has already lost too much.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
They have to have reasonable guestimate as to who did it, BeeCharmer. Perhaps they're down to, say, 2/3 POI's in a well-sifted basket of potential perps...

Will be interesting to:

Evaluate the position (angle, height, weight) via blows of m/weapon;

Identify m/weapon;

Determine angle, shape, size of blood spatter on walls;

What was the status of coagulation at specific entry wounds on discovery;

Had lividity completed its cycle when meredith walked in?

How much blood was on Meredith after she attempted to follow 911's instructions;

How long after Meredith's discovery of Michelle was the cycle of rigor complete?

... and the list continues ...
Excellent points. BTW, I can tell you are a seasoned poster by your use of the word spatter and not splatter......lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desireh