Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
scandi said:
Good Morning,

I guess my question that got lost was the last one on the previous thread, but I was wondering if anything has been said about a safety gate at the top of the stairs? I thought I read a post by Strach where she said it was closed. Has anyone read anything about this?

I'm trying to think like a profiler after watching a Daryl Hinman marathon last week!~ LOL

I think whoever killed Michelle took care to do certain things after the murder that showed caring for Stephanie. She evidently was left in the room with her mom to have gotten blood on her feet, or at least been able to walk into her mom's bedroom:

a} If there was a gate and it was secured before the killer went back down the stairs, it says to me they wanted the baby safe from harm and seperated from the dog.
b} After the dispatcher on the 911 call told her not to move anything, Meridith said she had moved a pillow. That tells me there was a reason to move it which would have to be she wanted to see something that would be underneath it. Like a face, right, to see if it indeed was her sister.

That would mean the killer took time to toss or set a pillow over whatever it was. Why? Michelle was found on her stomach, but part of her face could have been visible. Tradition says that when someone dies you cover their face, right? I think this was part of the instructions given to whomever actually killed her.

c} The house was not broken into.

To me all these factors, if they are fact, add up to the great possibility that the killer was someone close to Michelle or instructed by someone personally attached to her. It is unusual I think for the bit of decorum with the pillow and concern for the safety of the baby.

Reading through today's posts I see we really have very little to even speculate with which is too bad. We're pulling at straws. But if the Sheriff meant what he said when he used the words 'persons who did this' it intimates more than one person being involved in her death. I take that as fact from what he said. Moving the pillow is a fact. The baby being left with access to her mom, as shown by bloody footprints is a fact {though I think 'all over the house' could have been an exageration caused by the trauma of the scene}.

I also think the office where the fax machine was could have been upstairs adjacent to the MB as it is in so many houses, which is why Meridith possibly headed upstairs.

Scandi
Scandi,

The baby gate came up as a brainstorming idea by Strach, which I think is a very good thought given Cassidy's age. If Cassidy was not restricted to a crib then a baby gate at the top of the stairs would be a reasonable assumption. Also, baby gates are often used to restrict household pets either to or out of certain areas. There has been no report of a baby gate.

As for the pillow, what you suggest is possible. would it also be possible that baby Cassidy would try to comfort her Mom in the same ways her Mom would have comforted her every night when she put her to bed ? With a 2 and a half year old running about, many things may have been moved. At some point I think it is reasonable to assume this baby got fearful - her Mom's silence at some point would have either frustrated her or scared her JMO.

hollyjokers said:
It's not going to be as cut & dried as you think, even if he is the killer. Finding his DNA in the house means absolutely nothing because he lives there. Even if they have a strand of his hair on the bloody pillow, or a funky toenail on the floor beside Michelle's head, it could have been there prior. They have to have something very concrete. Hard as it is we are all just going to have to wait, otherwise, Michelle will not get the justice she deserves.
Bingo !!!

Got a question. Following this case but don't know much about "standard" (for lack of a better word) procedure in a case like this. Is it uncommon for LE to keep the vehicle impounded for the entire investigation or is it usually tested and released? I would think that they have found anything they needed in the car by now. I mean, they have searched the entire house and collected all the evidence that they thought they needed. Seems like it would be easier and faster to search a car.

Could be checking tire tracks, strange suspicion but I would guess that the "intruder" came in from the wooded area from behind the house. JMO

pack_fan said:
Got a question. Following this case but don't know much about "standard" (for lack of a better word) procedure in a case like this. Is it uncommon for LE to keep the vehicle impounded for the entire investigation or is it usually tested and released? I would think that they have found anything they needed in the car by now. I mean, they have searched the entire house and collected all the evidence that they thought they needed. Seems like it would be easier and faster to search a car.

Could be checking tire tracks, strange suspicion but I would guess that the "intruder" came in from the wooded area from behind the house. JMO

I would think that if they didn't find anything in the car they would release it.If they did find something in the car they would keep it . If his family all road back in the SUV they may have disturbed the evidence and it would take longer to process.

To all of you who are hoping for a quick resolution to this case, I hope you are right. Based on prior history in the area ( where I happen to live), justice seems extra-slow here at times. There was a woman who killed her hubby with arsenic and it took years to bring her to justice even though I have friends that worked with her at Glaxo and said that LE "knew" she had done it within days of his death! Then there is the Janet Albaroa case. That case seemed to have many of the same elements of this one, husband seemed the likely suspect from the start, same comments about not a random killing from LE and still no arrest over a year later!

I truly hope this one will be different.

booradley said:
To all of you who are hoping for a quick resolution to this case, I hope you are right. Based on prior history in the area ( where I happen to live), justice seems extra-slow here at times. There was a woman who killed her hubby with arsenic and it took years to bring her to justice even though I have friends that worked with her at Glaxo and said that LE "knew" she had done it within days of his death! Then there is the Janet Albaroa case. That case seemed to have many of the same elements of this one, husband seemed the likely suspect from the start, same comments about not a random killing from LE and still no arrest over a year later!

Oh quit being a wet blanket! LOL Just kidding. They sure are taking their time putting out info.

booradley said:

Hope this isn't the same ordeal but you just can't say for sure.

I don't think LE in Durham could investigate their way out of wet paper bag. The girl who poisoned her husband worked at Glaxo and it just so happened that the same thing that was used to poison her husband miraculously ended up missing at her work. Oh yeah, and she had access to it. HMMMMMMM......

I agree with what everyone is saying about LE taking
their time and getting it right. Even if that means a long time before the
perp is caught. But still, there is a big part of me hanging on
Sheriff Harrison's statement that they will solve this case.
:clap:

oceanblueeyes said:
It is very likely at this time that Michelle's family may think that Jason is innocent of this crime and dont want to be bombarded with questions about it by the media. Last I read they thought he could never have done this.

IMO

Ocean
I am thinking this is a possibility- look at how Sharon came out and swore Scott would have never done anything , how loving, etc-etc-etc-- then the actual outcome-:(

MrsMush99 said:
How can they take Cassidy away from him?? He hasn't been arrested of anything. And as far as I know that haven't said he's a suspect. They would have no right to take her away, IMO.
I agree wit you M/M-- they have no grounds at this point-

oceanblueeyes said:
Ocean falling on the floor with a thud.....just thinking about it. No way I can stand for it to take that long!! I say this week...this week....hopefully this week...well maybe this week.

For all the police know Jason may become suicidal/homicidal again and kill himself and Cassidy. They need to arrest him if he is the one.

IMO

Ocean
I think they would have arrested him if they can prove he is the one, or have enogh evidence to believe it is him

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Makes sense. But at this stage, Jason & Miranda are an 'item', imo, lol :)
LOL--- you got me....I was sitting here thinking who the hell is that !!!!!!!!
thanks for the chuckle- I thought i missed a few pages!!!!

close_enough said:
well....could be, but i tend to think the door was locked..well closed anyway....if the door had been opened, i think that would have been something Meredith would have mentioned in her 911 call...(but i could be wrong)
Another interesting point that hasn't been resolved yet through the media! Did the perpetrator (someone other than Jason) enter through the front door, the garage or a back entry? "No sign of forced entry" doesn't necessarily mean that Michelle answered the door after someone knocked or rang the bell. She could've already been up in the bedroom when she was attacked. I wish we'd get an update!!
:confused:

j2mirish said:
LOL--- you got me....I was sitting here thinking who the hell is that !!!!!!!!
thanks for the chuckle- I thought i missed a few pages!!!!

bwahaha ha .... jm2 :D LOL ... well, I guess when I dropped my 'bomb' about another woman, I didn't want the regular egg on my face, heh ... :)

I just stepped back in, myself.... haven't even read last few pages! Going to see what's up...

MrsMush99 said:
I think it was the dog going crazy that alerted her. And when she went in the house she saw Cassidy's bloody footprints. OR the dog directed her to Michelle. Remember Kato bringing the person back to Bundy where Nicole was killed?? I have a feeling Michelle's car was in the garage. Why would Meredith go in the house if she saw her car and thought that she was home when the "fax" she was collecting was not to be seen by her?

Gosh, MrsM, everytime we think "ahhhh-hah!!! That's why such and such happened", that darned fax gets in the way of logic! It's got in the way of everything, actually.

You're right, tho. Think the dog going nuts alerted Meredith's senses - and if she walked in and Michelle was there, M/dith may have 'acted casual as though she popped in out of the blue' and - perhaps - would hve called JY to say "Michelle is hom, saw no fax...bla bla bla..."

Still nothing in the press....

Whatever/whomsoever is behind this, many of us will be watching the trial, thinking back to these 3 threads that contain every possible thought under the sun as to the mystery of it all, lol!

What a senseless, brutal, cruel crime, though.

packerdog said:
Or....When she went to unlock the door it was unlocked and maybe open a little. Who would bother to lock it after the murder? Jason or an intruder?

Good thought!

I would love to hear that whole 911 tape to the end, when Meredith asks Cassidy what happened and she starts to answer and then - bump, the tape cuts off. Does anyone have a link to that?

Scandi

BeeCh: I'm one of those and with you regarding hanging on the Sheriff's word. One thing is for sure (and outside the 911 call that we plucked apart breath by breath): the ConcernedCitizen poster's "fully informed facts" and "the real truth" was behind more debated concepts and ideas than the actual facts and known media reports that have come in about this case.

Maybe LE still have the car because JY hasn't collected it and they're can't very well leave it on the side of a road - or drive it to the Young's home. For all we know, they've set a time/date for collection and, with luck, an interview.

As an aside: Wonder if Larry King is going to call the families in and discuss this? Hah, he's probably more interested in getting OJ on to talk about that %^$%#@ ! "book". What an absolute NERVE...

scandi said:
I would love to hear that whole 911 tape to the end, when Meredith asks Cassidy what happened and she starts to answer and then - bump, the tape cuts off. Does anyone have a link to that?

Scandi

Hi Scandi :) good to 'see' you again, lol - gosh there are links PAGESSSS back ... however, BeeCharmer posted a link for raisincharlie a page or two back here. I'll see what I can find for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!