Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article hopingforjustice , thanks.

Its interesting to note that WM died Nov 29 and DM was quick to give notice by Dec 4th that the business (MRO) was shut down and everybody was laid off .... maybe I am reading too much into it , but it has the aroma of being planned before Nov 29th

In normal circumstances I would expect at least week of grieving to lose a father , and then a week or two of careful consulting and decision making regarding the future of the Hangar.

But then again , not much is normal in this whole affair

Totally agree that this must have been a planned move. A week after a sudden death in the family usually leaves the survivors a bit dazed and confused and not in any position to make long term plans (Just my opinion)

Totally agree that this must have been a planned move. A week after a sudden death in the family usually leaves the survivors a bit dazed and confused and not in any position to make long term plans (Just my opinion)

Well DM would have spent 10 months hearing about the competition, the Windsor MRO, crashing and burning and that was an established company. Here's Millardair, a cocky start-up, ready to go 9 months after the competition, with no customer in sight.

I would argue now with AS's description of DM as "an impediment to the hangar operation" as both hangars started out of the gate in July 2011 and both were fit for occupancy in Feb 2012.

And the contractor for the Windsor hangar was Amico, not Aveiro:

http://www.amicoaffiliates.com/projects/projects-2012/windsor-airport

Well DM would have spent 10 months hearing about the competition, the Windsor MRO, crashing and burning and that was an established company. Here's Millardair, a cocky start-up, ready to go 9 months after the competition, with no customer in sight.

I would argue now with AS's description of DM as "an impediment to the hangar operation" as both hangars started out of the gate in July 2011 and both were fit for occupancy in Feb 2012.

And the contractor for the Windsor hangar was Amico, not Aveiro:

http://www.amicoaffiliates.com/projects/projects-2012/windsor-airport

That's definitely a possibility. DM could have seen an article like that, which appears to have been published around the beginning of November 2012, and thought that his father may have a good 20 years left and that he would probably spend that time sinking every last penny into trying to reinvent and re-establish the family "aviation dynasty" name "Millardair" and forcing him to be a part of the business. Would have been tough for someone uninterested and skeptical to sit back and watch that happen. So it appears he chose not to.

To DM his future of drugs, parties, auto racing, expensive vacations and everything else he had become accustomed to having living off his father's and his grandfather's money, may have looked a little shaky and he took matters into his own hands to rectify the problem.

I still think that the Waterloo airport will eventually start growing and that they may have been able to get some work for the MRO in the mean time. It's a well situated alternative to Pearson for people living west of the GTA. Malton airport was very small when Carl Millard first built his business and hangars there. It turned out to be a good investment for him. Maybe that's the business model that WM was trying to emulate.

MOO

Does anyone have a running tally of what DM still owns other than the hangar, real estate wise?

ETA: Is it reasonable to assume that a large portion of the cost of building that hangar was mortgaged?

Does anyone have a running tally of what DM still owns other than the hangar, real estate wise?

attachment.php

From page 19, properties thread

Thanks SnooperDuper. There were two different condos in the distillery district building. Was the first one sold before the second one was purchased? So he does not own either of them now? And why hang on to the condo in Vaughan? Who lives there?

So I see that DM was involved in the talks and meetings right from the beginning in July 2010. There was a small hiccup and then plans went forward.

Another reporter who doesn't do his homework.

Last month, photographs of Millard-owned items stored inside the hangar began appearing for sale on the classified website Kijiji.ca. They include snowmobiles, a modified Jeep and a convertible.

The Kijiji ads actually started last August, not last month.

JMO

Thanks SnooperDuper. There were two different condos in the distillery district building. Was the first one sold before the second one was purchased? So he does not own either of them now? And why hang on to the condo in Vaughan? Who lives there?

if you have more info I will update that list

I believe there was only one condo on Distillery Lane. The confusion came with the numbers 609 and 611 being related to that one and only condo transaction, and MsSherlock explained how this occurred as follows:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9879948&postcount=343"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership[/ame]

hth

And yes, I have wondered the very same thing about the Vaughan condo.

I believe there was only one condo on Distillery Lane. The confusion came with the numbers 609 and 611 being related to that one and only condo transaction, and MsSherlock explained how this occurred as follows:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

hth

And yes, I have wondered the very same thing about the Vaughan condo.

There were pictures of his friends in one unit in that building prior to his arrest. He didn't close the purchase of the unit on the 37th floor until after his arrest. I was just wondering if the first one was his also and whether he sold it. Perhaps it did belong to a friend and that's why he decided to buy one in the building?

There were pictures of his friends in one unit in that building prior to his arrest. He didn't close the purchase of the unit on the 37th floor until after his arrest. I was just wondering if the first one was his also and whether he sold it. Perhaps it did belong to a friend and that's why he decided to buy one in the building?

We need MsSherlock for this one. Those photos from the condo in the distillery were from well before the TB murder. See the Dellen Millard Discuss the case fb because I think the photos are not accessible anymore. JMO

We need MsSherlock for this one. Those photos from the condo in the distillery were from well before the TB murder. See the Dellen Millard Discuss the case fb because I think the photos are not accessible anymore. JMO

I have the photos. DM is not shown in them. They were on a friend's facebook I believe. Which means that it was not necessarily him who was living there IMO.

I have the photos. DM is not shown in them. They were on a friend's facebook I believe. Which means that it was not necessarily him who was living there IMO.

True but hopefully MsSherlock can verify too. Also, the motorcycle and trailer that was stolen happened very near that building which makes me think he has a place there already. JMO He likely lent out his place to friends while he was away.

Kamille: do you have the dates for those photos? TIA

No I don't matou. Just saved as photos and not screenshots. :(

So...if you reverse-address-lookup the building, there are under 100 names to browse. Anyone familiar?

http://www.canada411.ca/search/ad-alph/1/-/cZQQstZQQciZQQpvZQQpcZM5A+0E3/?sort=alph

Or did DM buy the condo from a friend?

OK so that particular condo at 70 Distillery Lane was only built in 2012. Photos are definitely coming from a condo in that distillery area from before then though. Not sure of the address but is a tall building and unit faces West. Perhaps 33 Mill Street? It has 32 stories. JMO

OK so that particular condo at 70 Distillery Lane was only built in 2012. Photos are definitely coming from a condo in that distillery area from before then though. Not sure of the address but is a tall building and unit faces West. Perhaps 33 Mill Street? It has 32 stories. JMO

1907-33 Mill Street, pls check out this data dump, line 242 owner is Dellen Millard

http://pastebin.com/hSG0isZJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member