Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted a link, since this is in the Millard properties section, you may find an interesting read. Scroll down to Millard Airport, PA. Just an interesting read.

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/PA/Airfields_PA_Harrisburg.html[/

Are these the same Millards?
Juballee and Eldee, aside for having the same last name, I don't believe that these 2 Millards are related. The Millard Quarry was originally the H.E.Millard Quarry and IMO I don't see any info that would tie the PA Millards to the Woodstock/Ingersol ones. MOO

http://www.ldnews.com/bicentennial/ci_22879195/industries-that-shaped-lebanon-county

Thanks Swedie. I'm still not sure where DM grew up! Here are the land titles reports showing the transfers just for clarification-maybe they'll help :websleuther:

Again thank you MsS for that information and the other link on Malton. Ready to be frazzled?! :floorlaugh: What I found according to the Malton Farms to Flying link: Wayne is doing well with the oldest family owned airline in Canada, Millardair, which grew to 60 employees and 26 airplanes. He is married and has a son Dellen, who has been flying since age 14 and has just come into the family business. Carl who had logged over 42,000 flight hours - only one other person in Canada has more flight time - lives in the first Ontario Heritage District, Meadowvale and enjoys that tranquility of that lovely, quiet historical village.

Therefore this article was wrote in 2000 or later. DM would have been 15 or older at the time of this writing. But it had to be before 2006 at which time CM passed away. Della was deceased (1984), CM was still alive (over 85), WM was still married to MB and DM was over 14 (2000) years of age. And Wayne was doing well with the business. MB and WM split up by 2003/04. (DM by age 19 in 2004, he seems to have been more interested in using Millardair planes as props for *advertiser censored* shoots. Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split)

The second article snippets I posted, claims the house on Maple Gate Road was DM's childhood home where he grew up. So yes I am assuming CM owned the two houses. The one in Meadowvale, Derry Road and Maple Gate Court. He maybe rented it to WM/MB/DM or just let the family live there while he and Della lived in the first Ontario Heritage District, Meadowvale enjoying the tranquility of that lovely, quiet historical village.[/B] The house on Derry Road (Meadowvale) sold in June 2012 before WM died. Did WM need the money for Millardair?

In court documents, Millard is listed as living on Maple Gate Court in Etobicoke, which was transferred from grandparents Carl and Della to Dellen and his father in April 2008.

He was also listed on a Derry Road West home in Mississauga alongside his father in April 2008. That property was sold for $795,000 in June 2012, several months before his father's death.

Millard purchased a rural Waterloo Region property on Roseville Road in 2011 for $835,000.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2875113-millard-already-owned-truck-and-several-properties/

Madeleine Burns, Millard’s mother, sold her son’s childhood home in Etobicoke for $1.2 million on July 4, according to property records. A condominium in the Distillery District that Millard bought for $627,524 on May 7, the day after Bosma went missing, is listed for $719,000.

The house Burns sold on Maple Gate Court is where Millard grew up. It has been in the family for three generations. It’s also the home where Millard’s father, Wayne, apparently killed himself last November. That case was reopened by Toronto police after Millard was arrested in connection with Bosma’s death.

Paradkar said Millard had been thinking about selling the house since his father’s death, and well before his arrest in May. He also said Millard always intended to flip the condo in the Distillery District, but his arrest expedited both transactions.

Millard still owns three other properties the Toronto Star is aware of: the farm in Ayr where Bosma’s charred remains were found; a rental property on Riverside Dr. in Toronto; and a condo in Vaughan.

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...llard-s-mother-sells-1-2-million-family-home/

Grandparent's house MB SOLD- Maple Gate Court, Etobicoke
Condo MB FOR SALE - Distillery Lane, Toronto
Father's house - SOLD June 2012, before WM died. Derry Road West, Meadowvale/Etobicoke/Mississauga (wherever you want to call it) :facepalm:

6 unit rental property - Riverside Drive, Toronto
Ayr Farmland - North Dumfries
Condo - Vaughan

Well MsS, after all of that...I come to the opinion DM may have grown up in his grandparents home on Maple Gate Court. CM and Della lived in Meadowvale. :scared: Forgive me for asking, too tired to go looking, but if you know off the top of your head, what is the other property DM signed over to MB? :moo:

Juballee and Eldee, aside for having the same last name, I don't believe that these 2 Millards are related. The Millard Quarry was originally the H.E.Millard Quarry and IMO I don't see any info that would tie the PA Millards to the Woodstock/Ingersol ones. MOO

http://www.ldnews.com/bicentennial/ci_22879195/industries-that-shaped-lebanon-county

I just found it very coincidental that there would be a completely different Millard family owning an airport and flying planes in and out. What are the odds of that? I am trying hard to keep up with you terrific web sleuthers I thought I was on to something. Just never know where the last pages of web search will lead you.

[Quote/]

I just found it very coincidental that there would be a completely different Millard family owning an airport and flying planes in and out. What are the odds of that? I am trying hard to keep up with you terrific web sleuthers I thought I was on to something. Just never know where the last pages of web search will lead you.
Agreed Eldee...and there was also a connection somewhere to do with limestone, but I think it is just a coincidence! MOO

Agreed Eldee...and there was also a connection somewhere to do with limestone, but I think it is just a coincidence! MOO

For but a quick moment in time, I thought I had LB's disappearance figured out.
Abandonded air strip, great for practice racing. I had, in my mind, the PA detachment of the FBI doing a ground search on the property. I just keep thinking that poor girl has to be somewhere.
Sleuthing sure can lead to a lot of dead ends, I must say.

In my opinion, it is far more shrewd to get 20 cents on the dollar than to keep throwing good money after bad, and end up with zero cents on the dollar and heavily in debt. Some people prefer to get out while they still have a shirt on their back, and not wait until they lose their pants too.
Juballee, this is something I haven't been able to rationalize. It's been indicated from various sources that the hangar was done with cash and the overrun on start up was borrowed. The Hangar had cost 6 million, and I'm thinking the equipment/tooling for aircraft maintenance could have been a couple million more. MOO. Millardair had finally gotten Transport Canada certification for the MRO in November.
When WM died, DM had some choices to make. This is where I'm hitting the wall. :banghead:
1) If WM's estate was substantial and that much "cash" was in the hangar, why would DM be willing to take 1.2 million for something worth 6 million? IMO I see no indication that DM even attempted or gave himself enough time to find a buyer for the full package-the Hangar and MRO certificate which could have been transferred. IMO, DM could have leased the hangar to the new operator and sold them the goodwill of Millardair and the MRO certificate as well. I understand that it may have taken a bit more money, time and effort. Instead DM cancelled the MRO in February which would have diminished any hopes of getting true value for it and dashed any chance of capitalizing on the contracts that were being worked on. IMO, this doesn't make any sense.

2) WM's died in late November/12. DM cancelled the MRO in February/13. The piece of paper stamped MRO wouldn't have been costing anything, yet IMO, it would have cost a lot of time and money to get- so why was it necessary to "cancel" it almost instantly? IMO, WM's estate would not have been settled yet. IIRC it was mentioned in one of your earlier posts that DM had purchased the Distillery Condo prior to completion from the developer and they weren't ready to close until May/13. I don't have the details, but is it safe to assume that the condo was actually purchased prior to WM's death? IMO, if that was the case, perhaps it was a financial thing where DM had to deal with things urgently to close the condo deal? Perhaps WM was upset that DM had entered into a purchase agreement when there was other business that had to be taken care of? RK was offering the hangar at $1.00 a square foot/year-50,000 square feet-would amount to $50,000 a year-approx $4500 a month-that would be less than a 1% return on the hangar-http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VxS56dteNdUJ:www.aviationacres.com/Ontario.asp?C...3+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

IMO none of this makes sense and JMHO, it's difficult to see how DM was acting in a shrewd business manner but rather appears to be gut reactions resulting in some irrational actions costing millions MOO

If WM's estate was substantial and that much "cash" was in the hangar, why would DM be willing to take 1.2 million for something worth 6 million? ... IMO, this doesn't make any sense ... IMO none of this makes sense and JMHO, it's difficult to see how DM was acting in a shrewd business manner but rather appears to be gut reactions resulting in some irrational actions costing millions MOO

IMO it makes perfect sense. DM was probably desperate to unload the business that he felt caused his father to commit suicide. Perhaps he didn't care about the money at all - the business would always remind him of his father's death and he just wanted to get rid of it, regardless of monetary loss. A grieving person's gut reactions often seem irrational to others. IMO it would be difficult for a person to be "shrewd" and make rational business decisions when they were still reeling from their father's sudden and tragic death, especially if they felt said business was responsible.

Again thank you MsS for that information and the other link on Malton. Ready to be frazzled?! :floorlaugh: What I found according to the Malton Farms to Flying link: Wayne is doing well with the oldest family owned airline in Canada, Millardair, which grew to 60 employees and 26 airplanes. He is married and has a son Dellen, who has been flying since age 14 and has just come into the family business. Carl who had logged over 42,000 flight hours - only one other person in Canada has more flight time - lives in the first Ontario Heritage District, Meadowvale and enjoys that tranquility of that lovely, quiet historical village.

Therefore this article was wrote in 2000 or later. DM would have been 15 or older at the time of this writing. But it had to be before 2006 at which time CM passed away. Della was deceased (1984), CM was still alive (over 85), WM was still married to MB and DM was over 14 (2000) years of age. And Wayne was doing well with the business. MB and WM split up by 2003/04. (DM by age 19 in 2004, he seems to have been more interested in using Millardair planes as props for *advertiser censored* shoots. Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split)

I believe they WM and MB were still together in 2006 as per the obit for CM

The second article snippets I posted, claims the house on Maple Gate Road was DM's childhood home where he grew up. So yes I am assuming CM owned the two houses. The one in Meadowvale, Derry Road and Maple Gate Court. He maybe rented it to WM/MB/DM or just let the family live there while he and Della lived in the first Ontario Heritage District, Meadowvale enjoying the tranquility of that lovely, quiet historical village.[/B] The house on Derry Road (Meadowvale) sold in June 2012 before WM died. Did WM need the money for Millardair?

Thanks for the thought out assumptions here... but maybe WM just wanted to sell a house that was no longer needed. It is a possibility IMO

In court documents, Millard is listed as living on Maple Gate Court in Etobicoke, which was transferred from grandparents Carl and Della to Dellen and his father in April 2008.

So probably was left to them both in CM will IMO

He was also listed on a Derry Road West home in Mississauga alongside his father in April 2008. That property was sold for $795,000 in June 2012, several months before his father's death.

Looks like any property that was not a good business prospect was sold IMO.. I personally do not see anything untoward with this. JMO

Millard purchased a rural Waterloo Region property on Roseville Road in 2011 for $835,000.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2875113-millard-already-owned-truck-and-several-properties/

Madeleine Burns, Millard’s mother, sold her son’s childhood home in Etobicoke for $1.2 million on July 4, according to property records. A condominium in the Distillery District that Millard bought for $627,524 on May 7, the day after Bosma went missing, is listed for $719,000.

Is it relevant that it was purchased a day after Bosma goes missing ... I personally think not...as the deal was obviously done way before tranaction completed...as is the case with most property deals. JMO

The house Burns sold on Maple Gate Court is where Millard grew up. It has been in the family for three generations. It’s also the home where Millard’s father, Wayne, apparently killed himself last November. That case was reopened by Toronto police after Millard was arrested in connection with Bosma’s death.

Actually I believe the case was not reopened at all. I believe that we heard that the case had not been closed yet...as is often the case with suicides...things take time to finalise IMO
Can you provide a link to where this case was reopened as I may have missed it TIA

Paradkar said Millard had been thinking about selling the house since his father’s death, and well before his arrest in May. He also said Millard always intended to flip the condo in the Distillery District, but his arrest expedited both transactions.

Millard still owns three other properties the Toronto Star is aware of: the farm in Ayr where Bosma’s charred remains were found; a rental property on Riverside Dr. in Toronto; and a condo in Vaughan.

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...llard-s-mother-sells-1-2-million-family-home/

Grandparent's house MB SOLD- Maple Gate Court, Etobicoke
Condo MB FOR SALE - Distillery Lane, Toronto
Father's house - SOLD June 2012, before WM died. Derry Road West, Meadowvale/Etobicoke/Mississauga (wherever you want to call it) :facepalm:

6 unit rental property - Riverside Drive, Toronto
Ayr Farmland - North Dumfries
Condo - Vaughan

Well MsS, after all of that...I come to the opinion DM may have grown up in his grandparents home on Maple Gate Court. CM and Della lived in Meadowvale. :scared: Forgive me for asking, too tired to go looking, but if you know off the top of your head, what is the other property DM signed over to MB? :moo:

Can someone give there opinions as to why the properties are relevant to the murder case? Sorry for not quite understanding this but maybe a few opinions will shed some light on it for me... TIA

Can someone give there opinions as to why the properties are relevant to the murder case? Sorry for not quite understanding this but maybe a few opinions will shed some light on it for me... TIA
Hi Blomquist-In concern to the case about WM's death, the Coroner had not closed it out, but IIRC, TPS had:
"Police say Toronto homicide detectives have reopened their investigation into the death of Wayne Millard last November."

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investi...n-with-dellen-millard-1.1286519#ixzz2aTLIxPYx

Is the discussion around the properties necessary? IMO they are. Since money can often be a motive, and real estate represents a monetary investment, understanding the hows, why's and whens of property acquisitions and disposals can give a lot of insight into various elements of the accused life. IMHO, it can also indicate if there was any duress or financial pressure: For example if someone listed a house for $500K..selling for $400K in 5 days with a 2 week closing. Not that that would mean anything, but IMO, it may cause you to look twice at what was going on. MOO

In attempt to sleuthing out where DM grew and using the properties to spring board off of, (as related to childhood home), MOO is in non italics. Anything in my post in italics is MSM snippets and the links for the information follows that info. HTH.

The point in sleuthing information regarding DM's properties helps us to possibly understand his financial position at the time of the murder. Some people are wondering why DM would steal a truck when he supposedly could easily afford to purchase a new one. Some people wonder if DM was actually financially broke and maybe couldn't afford to buy a new one. Some believe it was a thrill kill. Some believe DM may have been running a chop shop to make an income. Some believe DM had absolutely nothing to do with TB's murder, that he was set up. Some believe this case is related to OC. It is all part of sleuthing and the reason for the multiple threads. HTH

According to the one report MB and WM's separation/divorce.

If you do the math, DM was born in 1985, 2004 he was 19. So with that, his parents split prior to 2004 as stated in the article. HTH

But by age 19, he seems to have been more interested in using Millardair planes as props for *advertiser censored* shoots. The adult website Suicide Girls credits Dellen Millard as the photographer for a 2005 photo spread entitled Cockpit. It features a model named Josie naked inside an aircraft, explaining “her first official act as captain was to make the DC-4 a clothing-strictly-prohibited aircraft.”

Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split and, according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass,

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

The suicide of Dellen Millard’s father and the search for a missing woman are both being investigated by police as possibly connected to the death of Tim Bosma, CTV News has learned.
Police say Toronto homicide detectives have reopened their investigation into the death of Wayne Millard last November.
The death, which took place at the home shared by Wayne and Dellen Millard, was originally ruled a suicide.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investi...n-with-dellen-millard-1.1286519#ixzz2aTWpvptY

Hi Blomquist-In concern to the case about WM's death, the Coroner had not closed it out, but IIRC, TPS had:
"Police say Toronto homicide detectives have reopened their investigation into the death of Wayne Millard last November."

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investi...n-with-dellen-millard-1.1286519#ixzz2aTLIxPYx

Is the discussion around the properties necessary? IMO they are. Since money can often be a motive, and real estate represents a monetary investment, understanding the hows, why's and whens of property acquisitions and disposals can give a lot of insight into various elements of the accused life. IMHO, it can also indicate if there was any duress or financial pressure: For example if someone listed a house for $500K..selling for $400K in 5 days with a 2 week closing. Not that that would mean anything, but IMO, it may cause you to look twice at what was going on. MOO

Or it could work the other way, where a house that was worth more must sell for less because of the sensation now involved. If you are an innocent person, how do you re-coup that money later?

Personally, when I hear that a home sold shortly before someone died I don't assume that they had money problems, not here in Canada, where our medical bills don't cause us to lose our homes. I would assume that they were elderly and living in a home, hospital, Florida, or with a relative, and that would be why they had sold their home before their passing.

It is easy to look back at the past and make up stories that fit what we want to believe, but to assume a man with plenty of other assets and financial stability was in financail trouble because he sold his home, seems to be grasping at straws, in my opinion. To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

IMO it makes perfect sense. DM was probably desperate to unload the business that he felt caused his father to commit suicide. Perhaps he didn't care about the money at all - the business would always remind him of his father's death and he just wanted to get rid of it, regardless of monetary loss. A grieving person's gut reactions often seem irrational to others. IMO it would be difficult for a person to be "shrewd" and make rational business decisions when they were still reeling from their father's sudden and tragic death, especially if they felt said business was responsible.

That is definitely one way of looking at it. Or DM didn't care how much money he would get for the hangar as it was not his money invested, just that it would be out of his hands, one less huge responsibility he felt he didn't want to be part of. Did DM murder his father because he resented his father putting him in such a demanding, responsible position he had no interest in? Or did WM commit suicide because he knew DM had no interest in carrying on the family legacy CM and WM had worked so hard at. WM ended up disappointed in DM's negative attitude and lack of ambition. Did WM feel he had failed himself? JMO

World English Dictionary
shrewd (ʃruːd)
— adj
1. astute and penetrating, often with regard to business
2. artful and crafty: a shrewd politician
3. obsolete
a. piercing: a shrewd wind
b. spiteful
HTH.

Juballee, this is something I haven't been able to rationalize. It's been indicated from various sources that the hangar was done with cash and the overrun on start up was borrowed. The Hangar had cost 6 million, and I'm thinking the equipment/tooling for aircraft maintenance could have been a couple million more. MOO. Millardair had finally gotten Transport Canada certification for the MRO in November.
When WM died, DM had some choices to make. This is where I'm hitting the wall. :banghead:
1) If WM's estate was substantial and that much "cash" was in the hangar, why would DM be willing to take 1.2 million for something worth 6 million? IMO I see no indication that DM even attempted or gave himself enough time to find a buyer for the full package-the Hangar and MRO certificate which could have been transferred. IMO, DM could have leased the hangar to the new operator and sold them the goodwill of Millardair and the MRO certificate as well. I understand that it may have taken a bit more money, time and effort. Instead DM cancelled the MRO in February which would have diminished any hopes of getting true value for it and dashed any chance of capitalizing on the contracts that were being worked on. IMO, this doesn't make any sense.

2) WM's died in late November/12. DM cancelled the MRO in February/13. The piece of paper stamped MRO wouldn't have been costing anything, yet IMO, it would have cost a lot of time and money to get- so why was it necessary to "cancel" it almost instantly? IMO, WM's estate would not have been settled yet. IIRC it was mentioned in one of your earlier posts that DM had purchased the Distillery Condo prior to completion from the developer and they weren't ready to close until May/13. I don't have the details, but is it safe to assume that the condo was actually purchased prior to WM's death? IMO, if that was the case, perhaps it was a financial thing where DM had to deal with things urgently to close the condo deal? Perhaps WM was upset that DM had entered into a purchase agreement when there was other business that had to be taken care of? RK was offering the hangar at $1.00 a square foot/year-50,000 square feet-would amount to $50,000 a year-approx $4500 a month-that would be less than a 1% return on the hangar-http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VxS56dteNdUJ:www.aviationacres.com/Ontario.asp?C...3+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

IMO none of this makes sense and JMHO, it's difficult to see how DM was acting in a shrewd business manner but rather appears to be gut reactions resulting in some irrational actions costing millions MOO

Well, first off, I am not sure if the MRO certificate would be transferable, so that could have prevented him from trying to lease or sell it as a whole package. Secondly, just because we have not seen evidence that he has tried just that does not mean it did not happen. How long did RK's ads run for, did we know? It could be that they quietly inquired around for months after WM's death but that the best prospective buyers were leery of investing in a Waterloo MRO when one quite close (Windsor was is?) has just opened and had the two largest contracts already taken. Maybe everyone is waiting for one of PA's parent companies to sweep in and buy it at bargain basement prices.

Or maybe DM really was getting squeezed by a form of OC and realized that the only way to not be entangled with them in perpetuity was to make it so that the thing that OC wanted no longer existed.

I think that the decision to cancel the MRO was not very instant, being 3 months later. And it could have had a lot to do with the fact that WM's estate had not been settled yet. The banks may have lost confidence in their loans to Millardair when they heard of WM's suicide, and might not have been willing to loan further money to his less financially established son. Perhaps he was holding out as long as he could to try to quickly settle the estate and sell some assets to try to keep Millardair afloat, but was unable to do so in time. And it is possible that the MRO licence was not free once the certification was passed, you have to pay a fee to renew your drivers licence every year, what is to say for large international operations such as that, that you might not have to pay to renew it more frequently or maintain a certain standard of criteria that he was not yet able to meet in a costly or timely fashion. Also, I believe someone pointed out that the price of $1 per sq ft was likely just that some amount had to be placed in the ad.

Regarding the condo deal, I believe this is a new development that wasn't completed until sometime in 2012. The developer signed the deal on April 25th, and DM's lawyer signed for it on May 7th. Again, he paid "up front, in full and in cash". When negotiations started is anyone's guess, but IMO it would not likely be until after WM's death.

Millard, 27, paid upfront, in-full and in cash for the 37th floor unit built by Distillery SE Development Corp. According to documents obtained by Maclean’s, Millard’s lawyer in that transaction, Mitch Korman, signed for the deal on May 7.

Lawyers for the condo developer, Distillery SE, had already signed the deal on Apr. 25, and could also not be reached for comment.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/05/16/suspect-in-test-drive-death-bought-condo-the-day-after-tim-bosmas-disappearance/

JMO

Well, first off, I am not sure if the MRO certificate would be transferable, so that could have prevented him from trying to lease or sell it as a whole package. Secondly, just because we have not seen evidence that he has tried just that does not mean it did not happen. How long did RK's ads run for, did we know? It could be that they quietly inquired around for months after WM's death but that the best prospective buyers were leery of investing in a Waterloo MRO when one quite close (Windsor was is?) has just opened and had the two largest contracts already taken. Maybe everyone is waiting for one of PA's parent companies to sweep in and buy it at bargain basement prices.

Or maybe DM really was getting squeezed by a form of OC and realized that the only way to not be entangled with them in perpetuity was to make it so that the thing that OC wanted no longer existed.

I think that the decision to cancel the MRO was not very instant, being 3 months later. And it could have had a lot to do with the fact that WM's estate had not been settled yet. The banks may have lost confidence in their loans to Millardair when they heard of WM's suicide, and might not have been willing to loan further money to his less financially established son. Perhaps he was holding out as long as he could to try to quickly settle the estate and sell some assets to try to keep Millardair afloat, but was unable to do so in time. And it is possible that the MRO licence was not free once the certification was passed, you have to pay a fee to renew your drivers licence every year, what is to say for large international operations such as that, that you might not have to pay to renew it more frequently or maintain a certain standard of criteria that he was not yet able to meet in a costly or timely fashion. Also, I believe someone pointed out that the price of $1 per sq ft was likely just that some amount had to be placed in the ad.

I was just coming back in to question the transferability of the certificate. If its so hard to get, I dont think it would be so easy to assign to another party.

IMHO, since the PA MRO in Windsor was discovered in here, I think that had everything to do with the demise of the big plans and WM himself. WM was probably vulnerable to begin with, if PA was up and running in November and was getting the business he'd hoped for, it could have done him in. He put all his eggs in one basket and his reputation was on the line. If this also got him drinking again (if in fact alcohol was a problem and he had recovered prior to this) he could have been so desperate he ceased to see any light or hope. JMO.
OR
Competition is tough and OC did him in, quite simply DM is then ordered by OC to cancel the certificate and he follows orders. JMO.

What this has to do with TB, I dont know.

I was just coming back in to question the transferability of the certificate. If its so hard to get, I dont think it would be so easy to assign to another party.

IMHO, since the PA MRO in Windsor was discovered in here, I think that had everything to do with the demise of the big plans and WM himself. WM was probably vulnerable to begin with, if PA was up and running in November and was getting the business he'd hoped for, it could have done him in. He put all his eggs in one basket and his reputation was on the line. If this also got him drinking again (if in fact alcohol was a problem and he had recovered prior to this) he could have been so desperate he ceased to see any light or hope. JMO.
OR
Competition is tough and OC did him in, quite simply DM is then ordered by OC to cancel the certificate and he follows orders. JMO.

What this has to do with TB, I dont know.

Something to keep in mind though, PA announced their plans for a Windsor MRO before WM started on the Waterloo project.

January 14, 2011 14:00 ET
Premier Aviation Partners With the City of Windsor and the Windsor International Airport

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...sor-windsor-international-airport-1380599.htm

Millardair finalized their plans in June 2011:

"A month later in June 2011, Millardair finalized a site plan agreement with municipal governments and applied for a building permit for a 51,516-square-foot hangar at the northwest corner of the airport, valued at $6.4 million. The building permit was approved in July 2011."

http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/674559/dellen-millards-hangar-from-jetliners-to-police-tape/

For all we know DM could have occupied that condo unit prior to May. The registration date is the date the owner takes title because it has to be after the condominium is officially formed and bylaws are registered (Which is very often delayed). Prior to that, if the municipality has issued occupancy, the purchasers can move in and pay the monthly occupancy fee (like rent). The Purchasers can also pay several deposits up until final closing. We dont know what was left for DM to pay on final closing but in some cases its not much! I would have to sleuth the development a bit to get a better idea of what the earliest he could have paid deposits would be. But we also dont know if he was an early bird or not putting an offer in.

MOO.

If allowed he may have already been making rent off the unit before he purchased it!

Methinks he knew the art of flipping well. JMO.

Possibly...but IMO there is no reason to suspect that DM was short on money... IMO that would be speculative and not factual. But I guess most of what we have is suggestion or speculation. It's difficult to put any credibility to anything IMO

Exactly. So if DM's father was throwing good money after bad, that would be a motive for DM to kill him (or arrange to have him killed).

I am not quite following this rationale... We are told that DM questioned AS about the contracts or rather the lack of before WM died. It doesn't seem like he was blaming his father at all...more like he was pointing a finger at AS.

My mother buys ridiculous things all the time and wastes money... I have never thought to put a bullet to head ! I just don't get this theory....but thats JMO

I know this was mentioned on another thread back in May. At the time of this article, Millardair also owns/owned Hangar#4 at Pearson and had it leased out to Air Transat. The book/article was published in 2006, so it was very close to CM's death. It appears that AT is still occupying Hangar 4

Page 165:
"He still lives on the rent from that hangar, which is now occupied by Air Transat Airline from Montreal. He had his last commercial flight check when he was 85, so he is not flying now"

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/9634_MaltonBook.pdf

http://www.canadianconsultingengineer.com/esource/profile.aspx?company_id=20081139

It must have taken the writer of the book a long time to gather all the information together for the book. It states in the CM article he was 85 at the time of the interview. CM was born in 1913 and would have been 85 in 1998, eight years before he passed away and at the time of the publishing of the Malton book. Then the writer went back years later to gathered more info after Dellen received his pilot's license.

It also stated WM and MB were still married during the writing. WM and MB split between Dellen receiving his pilot's license age 14 (1999) and around the age of 19 (2004). Another article states MB has been living on Tinsmith Court for a good 10 years. So that would be since 2003. For what it's worth and MOO.

Della and CM lived on Derry Road at the time of the writing. From what I figure, CM owned both the Derry Road and Maple Gate Court homes. As to whether WM/MB/DM always lived on Maple Gate has yet to be confirmed, other than articles stating in was DM's childhood home. This is pretty much what I deduced in my "frazzled" about 16/18 post back. CM left both homes to WM and DM in his will.

But by age 19, he seems to have been more interested in using Millardair planes as props for *advertiser censored* shoots. The adult website Suicide Girls credits Dellen Millard as the photographer for a 2005 photo spread entitled Cockpit. It features a model named Josie naked inside an aircraft, explaining “her first official act as captain was to make the DC-4 a clothing-strictly-prohibited aircraft.”

Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split and, according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Burns, who has lived at 32 Tinsmith Court for a good 10 years,

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/678720/neighbours-say-they-want-to-console-millards-mother/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro