Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately in Maria's case a man was given preference. That should not happen either. In the marine Q&A presser, the spokesman states, IIRC, that CL's statement that "he never had sex with Maria was considered significant evidence". While the rest of the case was greeted with severe skepticism at best.
I agree. This case has been plagued with preferential treatment towards Cesar Laurean from day one. It disgusts me.

I would do everything I could to keep my daughter from joining the military from what I have seen here until someone steps in and cleans it up...starting with the BRASS. :mad:

They expect the women to give their lives for our country and live by the rules while they allow their own men to subject them to the same abuses they worry about our enemies inflicting upon them. It is NOT a man's military anymore and they should face severe punishments if found to be neglectful (such as Maria was treated in this case) or abusive to our female soldiers.

Welcome all New Posters!!!!

Whew, good thing I have my antlers on, lot to read!!

I have two questions:

Has anyone compared the shoe that was found outside the house/inside the garage to the vidio pics of CL @ Lowe's. If I'm not mistaken, the video did show a full shot from head to toe of CL and the other male.

While FMRUSMC noticed aspects of the inside of the garage that I would not have picked up on, IMO, the baby's car seat was out of place!! In Ohio, all children under 2 and under 40 lbs. HAVE TO BE restrained in a car seat.

I have two grandchilden and it is easier for me to leave the car seat in the car than to lug it out and in everytime I take the baby somewhere.

So, did the Loreans have two car seats and this one in the garage was the extra? I'm assuming nothing has been moved in the garage since the 11th when LE arrived to start digging in the backyard.

Unfortunately in Maria's case a man was given preference. That should not happen either. In the marine Q&A presser, the spokesman states, IIRC, that CL's statement that "he never had sex with Maria was considered significant evidence". While the rest of the case was greeted with severe skepticism at best.

I listened to the presser and I've seen the transcripts of it, and I think the statement about "significant evidence" was taken out of context. Here is how that line is punctuated in one news story:

On October 18, 2007, NCIS recommends no disciplinary action be initiated on the alleged rape until forensic evidence DNA can be retrieved from the child. Cpl Laurean denied having any sexual contact with LCpl Lauterbach and this was believed to be significant evidence.

I had the impression listening to the presser that the spokesman was saying that they were planning to test the baby's DNA because, since Laurean was denying sexual contact, the DNA would be significant evidence that he did, indeed, have sexual contact with Maria. I think the "this" that he was referring to was the DNA evidence from the baby.

Here's the exact same words, punctuated a different way, and I think reflecting more the way he said this:

On October 18, 2007, NCIS recommends no disciplinary action be initiated on the alleged rape until forensic evidence DNA can be retrieved from the child (Cpl Laurean denied having any sexual contact with LCpl Lauterbach) -- and this was believed to be significant evidence.

While watching Greta I saw/heard where there was 5 pieces of fence missing.Also that the neighbor reported that there was 3 bonfires.One on the 24th(I believe) only was there.Then the 25th and on the 1st where people had come for a party.
So I am wondering if the first fire would have burn her enough to mask the smell when they had guest over.
I just keep hearing what one of the experts said about the burning would have to have been very hot and burned several hours/days.
I still don't see how no one could have got a hint of smell that was off during the time they had guest over.Unless they were totally sloshed by the time the bonfire started.

Maybe after the 1st burning, CL redug and laid some of the wood from the fencing over her along with some possibly hickory smoke chaquetes, and then re-piled the dirt on top of that.

Wouln't that helped lessen any "burnt" smell when the guests were there for the party on the 24th?

That was one of my thoughts, earlier posted.
Hictory or other scents added to the bonfire/bbq.

Did they bbq that day?
If so where?

Pharlap:

Sorry, I did see that you had mentioned that possibiliy of the hickory barquettes.

On the 24th, there was supposedly both a bonfire and a bbq going on in the evening.

The where, in CL's backyard. I believe the bonfire was over the grave and the bbq was farther back. (From what I remember reading about it)

I knew I forgot something! Yes, he had his uniform on AND the sheriff said he went to work that morning and that he checked out early. Hmm, so what would have happened if Christina had found the note a little earlier and alerted the base command while he was still there? Lucky for him she slept in a little.:liar:

I am quoting myself because I was wondering if any of you knew about this? I think it is significant because it may show that Christina DID know that he had left BEFORE she "found" the note. Why would he have checked in that morning? He knew he was going AWOL, so why prolong it?

Pharlap:

Sorry, I did see that you had mentioned that possibiliy of the hickory barquettes.

On the 24th, there was supposedly both a bonfire and a bbq going on in the evening.

The where, in CL's backyard. I believe the bonfire was over the grave and the bbq was farther back. (From what I remember reading about it)

n/p
where did they bbq thou, on that pit? gross...:eek:

btw I got up real early to read all of this thread, because of the server last night.
I just gave up on it.

I believe if they did BBQ, it was on a grill and not the firepit. I didn't see any signs of a metal grate in the yard. IMO, from what I saw on the video, the firepit was just for a bonfire to stand around.

Again, if he burned her in the middle of the night...people were not out and about to smell anything.

The carseat probably was supposed to be in his truck, but when he left...he had no reason to take it.

Tks, ss.
In the pic's that have been posted, didn't see a grill.
But I could be blind...:bang:

Tks, ss.
In the pic's that have been posted, didn't see a grill.
But I could be blind...:bang:
I didn't see a grill either, but someone could have brought one with them or it could be a small hibachi type. I wonder if Greta noticed one?

Steadfast, it is very possible that the statement meant something different entirely. However, I can only go by what was said. Imo, they meant what they said. Anything else would be reading between the lines and speculation. Now exactly what the next hearing would have entailed exactly I don't know. I only have my suspicions and the unsubstaniated comments in the media of Maria facing possible court martial, along with the comment that the case had gone south. If the case hadn't turned on her and it was proceeding as a rape case, that should not be considered going south. It's also possible that Maria meant she just wanted it all to go away.

I wonder if that lead they were following up yesterday will bear fruit today? That would be great! I have high hopes of them slapping the cuffs on this .

Do we know if the Loreans had two vehicles or just the truck?
I would have to assume since the neighbor made the statement that she wasn't at home when he saw CL driving Maria's car...it would mean they have two vehicles. How else would he have known she wasn't there?

I didn't see a grill either, but someone could have brought one with them or it could be a small hibachi type. I wonder if Greta noticed one?

I know people who have those big portable ones they haul everywhere. IIRC, the legs fold up.

I do feel that this was at least one more way for anyone who knew what was going on to stick it to Maria. I only know that at least CL knew and possibly Maria. God help the unwitting participants that were at the BBQ.

Steadfast, it is very possible that the statement meant something different entirely. However, I can only go by what was said. Imo, they meant what they said. Anything else would be reading between the lines and speculation. Now exactly what the next hearing would have entailed exactly I don't know. I only have my suspicions and the unsubstaniated comments in the media of Maria facing possible court martial, along with the comment that the case had gone south. If the case hadn't turned on her and it was proceeding as a rape case, that should not be considered going south. It's also possible that Maria meant she just wanted it all to go away.

I'm only going by what they said, too. What I'm saying is that once a sentence is punctuated by someone else, it can change the meaning that was intended.

Also, no one has stated that Maria was facing a court martial. They said she was facing a possible discharge from the Marines. That could very well be a medical discharge or a discharge based on her upcoming family obligations which might make her unable to perform her duties. Or maybe she asked for a discharge.

The case was definitely proceeding as a rape case, as there was an Article 32 hearing scheduled for the rape. Until the baby was born, though, it was just her word against his, and even in the civilian world that is not enough evidence to convict. The prosecutor on base needed the DNA evidence to support his case.

Maria was cheating w/xtina's husband? :confused:

I thought CL told his wife he "never had sex with that woman," and that Maria had Protective Orders against CL and had reported him for raping her!
Thanks for pointing this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member