Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quoting myself because I was wondering if any of you knew about this? I think it is significant because it may show that Christina DID know that he had left BEFORE she "found" the note. Why would he have checked in that morning? He knew he was going AWOL, so why prolong it?

To buy an extra day so the military wouldn't be looking for him ? He checked in - checked out so they knew he was around that day - they knew he had legal troubles, could have been going to the lawyer again. Convenient cover for 24 hours of running.

Welcome all New Posters!!!!

Whew, good thing I have my antlers on, lot to read!!

I have two questions:

Has anyone compared the shoe that was found outside the house/inside the garage to the vidio pics of CL @ Lowe's. If I'm not mistaken, the video did show a full shot from head to toe of CL and the other male.

While FMRUSMC noticed aspects of the inside of the garage that I would not have picked up on, IMO, the baby's car seat was out of place!! In Ohio, all children under 2 and under 40 lbs. HAVE TO BE restrained in a car seat.

I have two grandchilden and it is easier for me to leave the car seat in the car than to lug it out and in everytime I take the baby somewhere.

So, did the Loreans have two car seats and this one in the garage was the extra? I'm assuming nothing has been moved in the garage since the 11th when LE arrived to start digging in the backyard.

The car seat I saw was an infant carrier. if I am not mistaken, their child is 18 months or so. If that is correct, then that child out grew that child seat quite sometime ago and is difficult to carry. The child would be forward facing now and in a different seat. I have 2 car seats in my storage bldg!

To buy an extra day so the military wouldn't be looking for him ? He checked in - checked out so they knew he was around that day - they knew he had legal troubles, could have been going to the lawyer again. Convenient cover for 24 hours of running.

I see your point, but what if Christina found the note before he was able to check out? Why risk it?

glezell:

I will admit I didn't think "infant" vs. toddler when I first saw the car seat. It just jumped out at me as being in an odd place. How could CL knowing he has just killed possibly his own child, and yet use that car seat to place the painting/tools, etc. on it. How much of a monster was he??

I didn't see a grill either, but someone could have brought one with them or it could be a small hibachi type. I wonder if Greta noticed one?

I saw a grill in the background of one of the pics from yesterday. Sorry, can't remember which one...and I don't have time to peruse pics right now. But, it was off to the side, or in the background. Or covered up by stuff. Honestly can't remember if it was off to the side of the house or in that messy garage. To me, it was cast off to the side like it hadn't been used for awhile. But if he was busy moving things around, it could have been covered up with his stuff.

Also, to me, it didn't appear to me that the "BBQ" was held on that pit for cooking food. Note (unfortunately) that a few of the cinder blocks do have black soot on them :furious: but it's not a huge amount, from what I recall from briefly looking at the pics yesterday.

The car seat I saw was an infant carrier. if I am not mistaken, their child is 18 months or so. If that is correct, then that child out grew that child seat quite sometime ago and is difficult to carry. The child would be forward facing now and in a different seat. I have 2 car seats in my storage bldg!
That could be the reason, but they just sold stuff at a garage sale and I would think they would want to get rid of a seat that their child had outgrown.

I'm only going by what they said, too. What I'm saying is that once a sentence is punctuated by someone else, it can change the meaning that was intended.

Also, no one has stated that Maria was facing a court martial. They said she was facing a possible discharge from the Marines.
I heard and read both mentioned.

Until the baby was born, though, it was just her word against his, and even in the civilian world that is not enough evidence to convict. The prosecutor on base needed the DNA evidence to support his case.

I agree with that. I know some here are sensitive to the fact the the Marine name is mentioned. But in this case is does involve the Marines. I don't know how this case can be discussed without that aspect of it. If this was the a civilian case, we'd all be discussing the competence or incompetence of the DA on down to the investigating officers. I don't see why it should be different becaused this involves the marines.

I put my answers in the quote box in bold. I hope it posts correctly.

I see your point, but what if Christina found the note before he was able to check out? Why risk it?

Seems to me there is a possiblilty she did find it before he checked out - some news reports say she found it at 4 am when she got up - then the neighbors said they saw him leaving after 6 am. Reports on this have been so contradictory it is difficult to know. I suspect she found the note and tried to contact him directly - thus the warrants for cell records. I also suspect once he told her he was running, she then went to LE. JMO.

It had to have dawned on her finally what the real reasons were for his flight.

Doesn't it seem odd that this shoe is found just now, after LE, FBI, etc. have gone over the whole residence and yard. I mean, it was just sitting there, not hidden in the bushes or anything...like somebody just put it there. Why would one shoe be outside and the other shoe in the garage. This makes no sense to me at all. If, say,he had those shoes on during the murder, why wouldn't he have taken them off and gotten rid of them. Or why wouldn't there be bloody shoe prints elsewhere in the house and garage. This shoe thing is very strange.

Christina is still such a mystery to me. We just don't have much solid info to consider as fact. But, one thing I've noticed is that no one is speaking about her, such as friends/co-workers. I guess the co-workers can't because they'd be USMC and couldn't/wouldn't. Just thought it interesting that no neighbors or friends have made many comments about her (i.e., her personality, characteristics and behaviors, daily routines). Quiet on that front, other than the first day or so and her father spoke, correct?

I look forward to hearing information about what her daily activities were from about 12/14 to 1/11. Did she go to work as usual, act normal, celebrate the holidays with friends/family as if nothing was wrong, etc. (noticed there was an old Christmas tree out in front of their house by the curb, in one of the photos).

It's said that patience is a virtue...but this is testing my patience :crazy:

Like I said earlier, the USMC wants him more than anyone. Once he is caught, at this point it is only a UA (unauthorized absence), pending AWOL (Absence WithOut Leave). After 45 days he is considered a deserter. If this is done during a time of declared war, it is punishable by d****. I do not know how Congress officially voted and how this was is defined but yes he is not a civilian he is property of the government.

My understanding is that the Marine Corps do not have jurisdiction in this case. (Thankfully, because apparently all they could charge him with is UA. Also, I think that WWII was the last time that Congress actually passed a declaration of war.)

The murder charge was brought by civilian law enforcement. Hopefully, when CL is caught, he will be handed over to the civilian authorities to face the murder charge. I do wonder if local LE or even the FBI have the legal authority to pursue their investigation onto the base, or can the Marine Corps prevent civilian authorities from interviewing their "property"?

Welcome to the new Marine posters!

I am behind, have only read pages 1 through 9 so far.

Question: Would the Federal charge of desertion apply for first and final punishment, IF IF it takes the required 45 days to apply desertion charge?

Would Federal charge of desertion be Death by Firing Squad? What is the time gap between the Official charge of desertion and Death?

OR would the civil murder charges take precedence?

I was watching the Dem debate last night and did miss Mark Fuhrman.
I did see most of the murder house tour. UGLY color in the Liv. Rm.

Heads up, Y'all !!!!

On CNN Headline news right now, LAurean's cousin saw him in Guadalajara a week ago. He says that he was tending to his liquor store when walked in and said hi , how are you doing ? And said he was just visiting for a few days.

The cousin says at the time he had no idea that was a fugitive, but he saw the poster a few days later. Didn't say where is right now, but I imagine if the Mexican public sees the 25 K reward, they will be hunting him down pronto.

I hope they catch his butt !:woohoo: I can't wait to welcome him back to the states !

OMG!

Hold the presses, NO, KEEP THE PRESSES GOING.

tica: THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. How can any family member NOT KNOW?????????????

That truly is hard to believe. IMO But then again (and this is NOT TO SLAM) one here who is Mexican), I guess most mexicans don't own a TV?? But STILL HARD TO BELIEVE!!

Heads up, Y'all !!!!

On CNN Headline news right now, LAurean's cousin saw him in Guadalajara a week ago. He says that he was tending to his liquor store when walked in and said hi , how are you doing ? And said he was just visiting for a few days.

The cousin says at the time he had no idea that was a fugitive, but he saw the poster a few days later. Didn't say where is right now, but I imagine if the Mexican public sees the 25 K reward, they will be hunting him down pronto.

I hope they catch his butt !:woohoo: I can't wait to welcome him back to the states !

Thanks for posting this Tica, I just came here to do the very same thing.

That is good news! It makes me happy to know at least some of the family has no intention of hiding him out! God could you imagine if we could sic the paparazzi on Laurean? The way they find Britney Spears or whatever else celebrity? They could find Laurean in a heartbeat I bet!

Heads up, Y'all !!!!

Wondering how many Marines are lining up to be ready to welcome CL back to the US???

ATTENTION!
FACE FORWARD
READY
AIM
FIRE

:clap:

J/K, but I am sure there are some who are thinking this!

I wonder if they can trust the cousin. This could be a red herring to throw LE off his trail.

I think I would feel better if the sighting had come from someone other than family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyme.as1