Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need to worry about financing anything in Mexico. Seems his family there thinks he is innocent.

Ramos Ramirez said he didn't contact police about his cousin because he believes Laurean is innocent.

"It didn't seem right to contact police," he said. "He is a normal person, with no tendency for doing bad things."

He said police still hadn't contacted him about his cousin late Tuesday, despite the international manhunt.

Officials in Jalisco state, home to Guadalajara, said they hadn't been formally notified of Laurean's warrant.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour/top/story/3795426p-13338866c.html

I thought, (but might be wrong) that US police, the federal marshals and American bounty hunters can't apprehend "America's wanted" in Mexico. I was under the impression that only FBI can but they have to take Mexican authorities with them to make the arrest.

Isn't the prosecutor still trying to decide about "life without possibility of parole" and negotiating still going on? Or have they worked that out??

He doesn't need to worry about financing anything in Mexico. Seems his family there thinks he is innocent.

Ramos Ramirez said he didn't contact police about his cousin because he believes Laurean is innocent.

"It didn't seem right to contact police," he said. "He is a normal person, with no tendency for doing bad things."

He said police still hadn't contacted him about his cousin late Tuesday, despite the international manhunt.

Officials in Jalisco state, home to Guadalajara, said they hadn't been formally notified of Laurean's warrant.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour/top/story/3795426p-13338866c.html

Negotiating still??

It sounds like American media will be the ones to bring him in. Or at least to locate him.

Omar Mora killed his wife and the man who was leasing my husband's convenience store. He was a U.S. citizen with relatives in Mexico. He fled there.

Although Mora killed two people that case did not receive much publicity. I don't think Mora will ever be caught.

I think there is too much heat on CL from the media for him to stay on the loose.

My opinion only.

If those "friends" who were with him at the liquor store were bodyguards or lookouts, I guess he wasted his money hiring them. Nobody in Mexico is looking for him, not even the feds.

It is disgusting to me that CL's family is harboring him. If they really do believe he did not commit any crime he has no need to run or hide. You can't prove someone did something they did not do, so come home and take pride in your innocence by helping authorities find the truth!

I think that they know he killed her, they'd have to be really stupid to not know that. They are just lying and making up excuses by saying that they don't think he did it. They are helping him hide, and it is a shame that they most likely will never be held accountable for that crime.

It is a shame to have one person in a family who is demented enough to murder a pregnant woman and child. If the rest of the family had a decent bone in their bodies, they would support the FBI in finding him and bringing him to trial.

Unfortunately, it seems that the evil in Cesar Laurean is a family trait.

Susan

If those "friends" who were with him at the liquor store were bodyguards or lookouts, I guess he wasted his money hiring them. Nobody in Mexico is looking for him, not even the feds.

It is disgusting to me that CL's family is harboring him. If they really do believe he did not commit any crime he has no need to run or hide. You can't prove someone did something they did not do, so come home and take pride in your innocence by helping authorities find the truth!

I think that they know he killed her, they'd have to be really stupid to not know that. They are just lying and making up excuses by saying that they don't think he did it. They are helping him hide, and it is a shame that they most likely will never be held accountable for that crime.

It is a shame to have one person in a family who is demented enough to murder a pregnant woman and child. If the rest of the family had a decent bone in their bodies, they would support the FBI in finding him and bringing him to trial.

Unfortunately, it seems that the evil in Cesar Laurean is a family trait.

Susan

In all fairness to CL's family, I think there are reasons people help or defend relatives other than evilness.

You can't spend time on websleuths without running into people who believe in murderers and defend them against OVERWHELMING evidence. (Or at least against what has seemed, to me, to be overwhelming evidence.)

Maybe some of CL's relatives think there is a rush to judgement or framing of a Hispanic and don't think CL would get a fair trial in the U.S.

Maybe they are suspicious of ANYTHING any American would say against someone they have always known to be normal.

Not saying that is the case or that it is right. But, there are reasons other than evilness, CL's family might protect him.

My opinion.

SS, the article goes on to say:

Ramos Ramirez said Laurean and most of the Marine's family moved to the U.S. more than 10 years ago, and he had seen Laurean only three other times since. The second time, five years ago, Laurean came for vacation and spent a few days with Ramos Ramirez's mother, Maria Ramirez.

Laurean hasn't contacted any other family members in Mexico, Ramos Ramirez said.

He said Laurean didn't stay long, and didn't say anything about why he was in Mexico or where he was headed next. Ramos Ramirez said he wasn't surprised by the brief visit because Laurean isn't very close to relatives in Mexico. His cousin seemed calm, he added.

"It was like any visit," Ramos Ramirez said.

Maybe his family isn't as willing to help him out as we thought ... or maybe they're lying to protect him.

I wish the Dog would just go into Mexico and get . I am sure the Dog and his entourage would have no problems.. (besides legal ones lol)

Yes, with all the *legal and image* problems Dog Chapman has had in the recent past - I seriously doubt he's ready to risk going to another Mexican jail for his well intentioned "extraction" deeds.

But, I bet he's chomping a the bit to do so! LOL

Rum Tum

SS, the article goes on to say:

Ramos Ramirez said Laurean and most of the Marine's family moved to the U.S. more than 10 years ago, and he had seen Laurean only three other times since. The second time, five years ago, Laurean came for vacation and spent a few days with Ramos Ramirez's mother, Maria Ramirez.

Laurean hasn't contacted any other family members in Mexico, Ramos Ramirez said.

He said Laurean didn't stay long, and didn't say anything about why he was in Mexico or where he was headed next. Ramos Ramirez said he wasn't surprised by the brief visit because Laurean isn't very close to relatives in Mexico. His cousin seemed calm, he added.

"It was like any visit," Ramos Ramirez said.

Maybe his family isn't as willing to help him out as we thought ... or maybe they're lying to protect him.

For all we know Laurean could of been standing in the back room.
Do you believe him when saying that Laurean hasn't contacted any other family members in Mexico?
Lying to protect him, or himself....

Only time will tell, if they ever find him.....

..... WHITBECK: Well, Nancy, people are kind of reeling at the news today that a cousin of Corporal Laurean actually confirmed having seen him last week. We spoke to Mexican law enforcement authorities just a while ago and asked them if they were launching any special investigations.
..... They were asking us for information. They said that they had no information as to the whereabouts of this individual and they also reiterated that the federal law enforcement agency in Mexico had not received an official request of help from the U.S., which contradicts what the U.S. embassy has been telling us here in that U.S. and Mexican law are working together trying to find this individual. . . .

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1932529&postcount=9

complete transcript @ http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/22/ng.01.html

It's not rocket science! :behindbar

I recall reading that a North Carolina official (the local DA??) had sent a letter asking Mexican authorities for assistance in apprehending the criminal Laurean. But the Mexican authorities can not act to extradite a criminal who has broken the law in the US without an "official request for help from the US". So the question is: Why has the US not asked Mexican authorities to arrest Laurean?

I do respect your opinion, Joylana, you make a good point. I'm sure that this is the case in many families when a loved one is suspected of a crime, but in this situation, much of the evidence has come form Cesar himself, not from tipsters or police.

My problem with the idea that his family may think he is being railroaded is that Cesar, a sworn defender of our country and our laws, had several opportumities to come in and talk to LE about Maria's disappearance. In spite of the fact that even the police say that they did not consider him a suspect or a flight risk, and the fact the at that point in the investigation LE admits that they believed that Maria had run away on her own, Cesar refused to show up to help in the investigation. He did not even attempt to say to anyone, LE included, that he had done nothing to Maria.

Everything that has transpired in this investigation up until the time that Cesar left the note and ran off to Mexico, shows that NCIS and local LE did not know or suspect that Maria was dead, and in fact they believed her to be untrustworthy and AWOL.

Top it all off with the fact that her charred body was found buried in his yard and he admitted to his wife that he put her there...how can any reasonable person; relative or not, think that Cesar Laurean is being treated unfairly.

LE practically covered their eyes hid their heads in the sand while he covered up the murder, destroyed evidence, and used Maria's money to finance his getaway; all things he himself admitted to his wife. LE, FBI, NCIS did everything they could possibly do to avoid the fact that Maria was not missing of her own accord. LE believed that Cesar was the victim of an emotionally unbalanced pregnant woman, and treated him as such right up until the day he took off.

There is simply no basis for his family to contend that Cesar has been treated unfairly. He has been given every consideration and opportunity to state his lack of involvement in Maria's death and Cesar himself declined to do so.

If anyone was treated with disrespect or railroaded, it was Maria and her baby. JMO:blowkiss:

Susan

I am presently checking on Tornado Bus Co. here in Houston - what concerns me is that Tornado is in a different part of the city than that of Greyhound coming into town. There is a Greyhound route (0577)that goes from Durham, N.C. through Shreveport, La. and he would have to transfer there. There were eyewitness reports that he was spotted in Shreveport. Tornado is an hispanic bus line. It is located in the northern part of Houston which is heavily hispanic. Some signs are not even in English. One would basically have to speak Spanish to ride it. They do not check ID's traveling by foot, car or bus into Mexico. - Only returning from Mexico to the U.S.

Yea, those "bus stops" are all over here in Houston. There's one near my house (southwest) at a Shell gas station. You see hispanics waiting for a bus all the time. I sure wouldn't want to ride one.

At the below linked video, the reporter pokes holes in the timeline. LE says it has good reason to believe Cesar had help. Notice the reporter doesn't figure in the bus ticket purchase on the 14th. Which makes the timeline even more unlikely.

http://tinyurl.com/2oppv8

Well, shoot that's what we've been saying all along!

lol, That's what I was yelling at my monitor when watching that vid! Sheesh, between that and the now proven WS'ers bus/Mexico predictions, there must be a whole bunch of frustrated WS'ers this morning! Great minds working here, IMO.

this doesn't surprise me at all...I live in San Diego, right next to the Mexican border, many Mexicans live here (legal and illegal)...family is at the very heart of their culture. Hispanics will take in anyone who is family.

But at least we now know that he is still alive and well in Mexico...which does help the case.

Well, as word spreads among his circle of friends there, I do believe someone will opt for the reward sooner or later, and give him up.

Thats the good news, the bad news may be that once the tipper has the cash, he will be shunned or worse by spending any of it, unless 'they' use it to get outta Dodge.

How do we know if the cousin is telling the truth? He could be lying out the wahzoo to get his photo and his liquor store in the news. Free advertising!

How do we know if the cousin is telling the truth? He could be lying out the wahzoo to get his photo and his liquor store in the news. Free advertising!

I'm not that excited about what the cousin said either. Just waiting to see, but leery. It does appear LE has enough to confirm CL was in the area, I guess. I hope. His interview of "about a week ago" worries me.

For everyone clamoring to invade Mexico, please remember that the US already did invade Mexico and steal their land. That area is known today as "Texas". Also, please remember that everyone who is missing or who has lost loved ones is not white. Thank you.

Please realize that the country of Mexico cannot respond to a request from The State of North Carolina or Onslow County. Perhaps if we all contacted The State Department and our US Senators, they could actually BEGIN the LEGAL process for arresting and extraditing Laurean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill