Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that excited about what the cousin said either. Just waiting to see, but leery. It does appear LE has enough to confirm CL was in the area, I guess. I hope. His interview of "about a week ago" worries me.

Re- the cousin - the most telling line spoken by him, to me at least, is the comment that Laurean had not contacted any other family members. First, if the reporters questions were a surprise to Ramos - what made him make that comment ? The fact he made it so quickly about no contact with other relatives indicates to me that the news relayed by the reporter wasn't exactly "news" - JMO.

Truly, it has nothing to do with being white. I don't know where that came from?

For everyone clamoring to invade Mexico, please remember that the US already did invade Mexico and steal their land. That area is known today as "Texas". Also, please remember that everyone who is missing or who has lost loved ones is not white. Thank you.

Please realize that the country of Mexico cannot respond to a request from The State of North Carolina or Onslow County. Perhaps if we all contacted The State Department and our US Senators, they could actually BEGIN the LEGAL process for arresting and extraditing Laurean.

There have been a few comments this morning that could be taken as having racial overtones. We don't need to go down that road.

I am also wondering why the Military Protective Order (MPO) was found inside Maria's car. Was it a meaningless paper left in the car because it was meaningless or was it left in the car because when going off base there seemed to be more of a threat ? I know we don't know the answer to this but I do find it a curious location for such a document to be stored.

Re- the cousin - the most telling line spoken by him, to me at least, is the comment that Laurean had not contacted any other family members. First, if the reporters questions were a surprise to Ramos - what made him make that comment ? The fact he made it so quickly about no contact with other relatives indicates to me that the news relayed by the reporter wasn't exactly "news" - JMO.

Ya. Also watch the video of the interview again..
Watch the cousins face, demeanor and what way he is looking all
threw the video.
I'm trying to find the video

Darn server!!!
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/22/missing.marine/index.html?iref=hpmostpop#cnnSTCVideo

I am also wondering why the Military Protective Order (MPO) was found inside Maria's car. Was it a meaningless paper left in the car because it was meaningless or was it left in the car because when going off base there seemed to be more of a threat ? I know we don't know the answer to this but I do find it a curious location for such a document to be stored.
She may had been advised to carry the MPO at all times. He could have been seen trailing her car in the past.

She may had been advised to carry the MPO at all times. He could have been seen trailing her car in the past.

I quess that is my point. On base it would be known there was an MPO therefore maybe not so much of a need to have it on her person, always people around. A car is not exactly necessary if living on post - so leaving it in the car seems to be reasonable for off post activities. I was wondering if she had seen a black Dodge truck a few times off base as well. Kind of makes me think so. May have been in response to some off post altercation between her and Laurean or his wife.

The only alternative is the paper meant nothing - somehow I don't think that was the case. I think fear existed. For some reason I don't see her going to Laurean's home of her own free will.

Or since that (COUGH) Note she wrote. That would be a another clue where she is saying I am done with the Marines.

Or since that (COUGH) Note she wrote. That would be a another clue where she is saying I am done with the Marines.

Yes, that note makes about as much sense as her buying a bus ticket when she owns a car and is of age to do as she pleases. Not to mention she would be giving up free medical care for the birth of her baby if she left...and that charge of desertion after 31 days. uh huh.

Good idea, Chico! :blowkiss:

I suggest posting the Laurean in Mexico and those topics in the appropriate threads. The political implications should also be a thread topic for those interested in discussing that. All this room (an entire forum) yet all discussion of these various subjects are being mishmashed into the general discussion. Makes it hard to wade thru for the latest info on the case. TY

Posters, I cannot remember where I read this but it was a post made by one
of Maria's friends from Oh defending maria"'s mother. She stated that Maria had plans to put the baby up for adoption. Also that maria had told everyone that she thought she was having a boy but that at all the DR appointments the baby was not in the position to be able to tell for sure.

Does anyone remember reading?

TORNADO BUS CO. :
I visited the Tornado Bus Co. today. Everyone is right. This is a very shady bus company in a bad area of town, actually two bad areas of town. But guess what, it is the same bus that services the same two centers. Both are located in abandoned gas stations in heavily hispanic areas. I called friends who are hispanic and familar with these areas and they didn,t even know they existed. Someone had to do their homework. The bus services the East End location at 1000 and 1915 daily and then travels to the Northside to pick up more passengers at 1030 and 2000 daily. This makes my escape timeline off. The gained 4 to 6 hours by switching bus companies. The travel from the main Greyhound/Trailways is a short cab ride from the southside of downtown Houston to the northside of downtown Houston. A cost of about ten dollars. It was reported by the KRIS news in Corpus Christi that a store clerk in Tremont or Premont, Texas that someone stopped in possibly when 'the bus' stopped. Bought snacks, sodas, etc. and asked how much longer it would take to get to Mexico. This lead was reported immediately to LE but never followed up on because LE reported they had received word that the had flown to Mexico. The clerk reported yes 'he matched the discription'. DMN, stop the bus NG and check it out. I am furious.
:behindbar :mad: :furious: :behindbar

I do respect your opinion, Joylana, you make a good point. I'm sure that this is the case in many families when a loved one is suspected of a crime, but in this situation, much of the evidence has come form Cesar himself, not from tipsters or police.

My problem with the idea that his family may think he is being railroaded is that Cesar, a sworn defender of our country and our laws, had several opportumities to come in and talk to LE about Maria's disappearance. In spite of the fact that even the police say that they did not consider him a suspect or a flight risk, and the fact the at that point in the investigation LE admits that they believed that Maria had run away on her own, Cesar refused to show up to help in the investigation. He did not even attempt to say to anyone, LE included, that he had done nothing to Maria.

Everything that has transpired in this investigation up until the time that Cesar left the note and ran off to Mexico, shows that NCIS and local LE did not know or suspect that Maria was dead, and in fact they believed her to be untrustworthy and AWOL.

Top it all off with the fact that her charred body was found buried in his yard and he admitted to his wife that he put her there...how can any reasonable person; relative or not, think that Cesar Laurean is being treated unfairly.

LE practically covered their eyes hid their heads in the sand while he covered up the murder, destroyed evidence, and used Maria's money to finance his getaway; all things he himself admitted to his wife. LE, FBI, NCIS did everything they could possibly do to avoid the fact that Maria was not missing of her own accord. LE believed that Cesar was the victim of an emotionally unbalanced pregnant woman, and treated him as such right up until the day he took off.

There is simply no basis for his family to contend that Cesar has been treated unfairly. He has been given every consideration and opportunity to state his lack of involvement in Maria's death and Cesar himself declined to do so.

If anyone was treated with disrespect or railroaded, it was Maria and her baby.

JMO:blowkiss:

Susan

Dynamite post, Susan - and absolutely true!

Well stated. Kudos to you! :blowkiss:

Rum Tum

FMRUSMC, Great job! I can't believe that LE let that lead slip by either!!! How difficult would it have been to send an agent to that store with a photo of CL?! They might as well have given CL a limo ride straight to Mexico complete with champagne as they patted him on the back and said, "Here is your ticket to freedom, Soldier!"

Posters, I cannot remember where I read this but it was a post made by one
of Maria's friends from Oh defending maria"'s mother. She stated that Maria had plans to put the baby up for adoption. Also that maria had told everyone that she thought she was having a boy but that at all the DR appointments the baby was not in the position to be able to tell for sure.

Does anyone remember reading?

I am sure the "friend" means well but Maria had NAMED the baby Gabriel - she definitely thought it was a boy. And Maria was not acting like a woman who was planning on giving her baby up for adoption. I think Maria's MOTHER wanted the baby given up for adoption, and Maria did NOT. She had made NO plans for adoption, had not found adoptive parents or even researched any prospective parents and her friend on base said she had bought baby things and was planning for the baby's birth and after.

I know Mary (Maria's Mother) probably had confided in a few people and even tried to get Maria's local friends to help her convince Maria that adoption was the best option for her. I think Maria DID consider adoption and may even have told some friends in OH that she was looking into it - BUT it's obvious that she had changed her mind and Sgt Durham even commented that Maria was having some disagreements with her mother and maybe other family members and friends over her decision to KEEP Gabriel/Gabrielle.

And it really doesn't matter if Maria knew the sex of the baby for sure (does anybody who doesn't get amnio ever REALLY know until the baby is born?) OR if Maria would have decided to to keep her baby or not - because robber her of the chance to even MEET or HOLD her baby in her arms in this life.

I cannot judge Maria's Mother - she obviously feels and acts differently from ME, but I am not in her shoes so all I can do for her at this time is send her my prayers for peace and healing of her broken heart at this difficult time. I also pray Maria is in heaven holding a beautiful angelic daughter named Gabrielle in her arms.

My Opinion

TORNADO BUS CO. :
I visited the Tornado Bus Co. today. Everyone is right. This is a very shady bus company in a bad area of town, actually two bad areas of town. But guess what, it is the same bus that services the same two centers. Both are located in abandoned gas stations in heavily hispanic areas. I called friends who are hispanic and familar with these areas and they didn,t even know they existed. Someone had to do their homework. The bus services the East End location at 1000 and 1915 daily and then travels to the Northside to pick up more passengers at 1030 and 2000 daily. This makes my escape timeline off. The gained 4 to 6 hours by switching bus companies. The travel from the main Greyhound/Trailways is a short cab ride from the southside of downtown Houston to the northside of downtown Houston. A cost of about ten dollars. It was reported by the KRIS news in Corpus Christi that a store clerk in Tremont or Premont, Texas that someone stopped in possibly when 'the bus' stopped. Bought snacks, sodas, etc. and asked how much longer it would take to get to Mexico. This lead was reported immediately to LE but never followed up on because LE reported they had received word that the had flown to Mexico. The clerk reported yes 'he matched the discription'. DMN, stop the bus NG and check it out. I am furious.
We have them in Dallas too, and several others just as shady and "in the Hispanic underground" as Tornado. The people who "need" such bus services seem to find them, mostly by word of mouth. They are used here by family members from Mexico visiting (on an appropriate Temp Visa) and by the illegal immigrants and transient workers who do not have personal transportation or are going somewhere to see family or friends for a short time and do not have reliable or legal transportation for the trip. From what I know, one can travel all over the US by such buses...there seems to be one of these "bus lines"in every state and they connect (haphazardly) all the way from coast to coast and from the Canadian Border to the Florida Keys. From what I understand, it's quite profitable to traffic in the disadvantaged, frightened and vulnerable immigrant market.

And yes, CL COULD have been caught - but obviously there were way too many balls in the air and a LOT of them got dropped.

My Opinion

TORNADO BUS CO. :

:behindbar He did his homework, premeditated murder. And wify?

I am sure the "friend" means well but Maria had NAMED the baby Gabriel - she definitely thought it was a boy. And Maria was not acting like a woman who was planning on giving her baby up for adoption. I think Maria's MOTHER wanted the baby given up for adoption, and Maria did NOT. She had made NO plans for adoption, had not found adoptive parents or even researched any prospective parents and her friend on base said she had bought baby things and was planning for the baby's birth and after.

I know Mary (Maria's Mother) probably had confided in a few people and even tried to get Maria's local friends to help her convince Maria that adoption was the best option for her. I think Maria DID consider adoption and may even have told some friends in OH that she was looking into it - BUT it's obvious that she had changed her mind and Sgt Durham even commented that Maria was having some disagreements with her mother and maybe other family members and friends over her decision to KEEP Gabriel/Gabrielle.

And it really doesn't matter if Maria knew the sex of the baby for sure (does anybody who doesn't get amnio ever REALLY know until the baby is born?) OR if Maria would have decided to to keep her baby or not - because robber her of the chance to even MEET or HOLD her baby in her arms in this life.

I cannot judge Maria's Mother - she obviously feels and acts differently from ME, but I am not in her shoes so all I can do for her at this time is send her my prayers for peace and healing of her broken heart at this difficult time. I also pray Maria is in heaven holding a beautiful angelic daughter named Gabrielle in her arms.

My Opinion

Thank You Flower Child for clearing that up for me. My heart breaks for what Maria and Gabrielle must have been through.

. . . This lead was reported immediately to LE but never followed up on because LE reported they had received word that the had flown to Mexico. The clerk reported yes 'he matched the discription'. DMN, stop the bus NG and check it out. I am furious.

I'm getting really PO'd here. I remember seeing westerns (movies) where the bad guys would "run for the border."

Apparently that's still a viable option! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member