Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That murder could have happened any time between when Maria is seen on the tape and when Laurean went and bought the wheelbarrow on the 16th.

As in a time that Xtina doesn't have an alibi. Those two have already screwed up in the letter and statement given to LE that resulted in the Probable Cause Statement.

FMRUSMC, what do you make of NCIS telling Maria to report the car keying and slugging incident to civillian LE? It happened on base.

I wonder if they've searched for the sheetrock, if it is indeed missing.
Right, IF the dry wall is missing, may never have been there.
One weird thing I noticed was the window right next to the murder area in the garage. It had some flimsy curtains on it that you'd think someone could see through if the lights were on in the garage. It's too bad none of the neighbors happened to be looking over there when Maria was being attacked.
I haven't seen that, don't have access to cable. Hopefully tomorrow all this will be on video.
I still am not convinced that it's positive that the murder happened during the early evening of the 14th. That is only based on the fact that Christina is denying any knowledge of the crime and that no one heard from Maria after late afternoon that day -- so they're just assuming that it must have happened between the time Maria is on tape and the time Christina claims to have arrived home. That murder could have happened any time between when Maria is seen on the tape and when Laurean went and bought the wheelbarrow on the 16th.
I agree. I think since the date was changed from the 15th to the 14th shows they are only speculating on the facts you mentioned above.

I wonder if they've searched for the sheetrock, if it is indeed missing.

One weird thing I noticed was the window right next to the murder area in the garage. It had some flimsy curtains on it that you'd think someone could see through if the lights were on in the garage. It's too bad none of the neighbors happened to be looking over there when Maria was being attacked.

I still am not convinced that it's positive that the murder happened during the early evening of the 14th. That is only based on the fact that Christina is denying any knowledge of the crime and that no one heard from Maria after late afternoon that day -- so they're just assuming that it must have happened between the time Maria is on tape and the time Christina claims to have arrived home. That murder could have happened any time between when Maria is seen on the tape and when Laurean went and bought the wheelbarrow on the 16th.

My Dad is gone but I might be able to answer this. I think everyone is basing the time of death based upon the lack of cell phone activity.

. . . I'm not ruling out the possibility of an affair between CL and Maria though, considering some of the inconsistencies in Maria's stories. Reports have said that she later retracted some of her statements and said that she did have consensual sex with CL and I thought I heard she even tried to have the rape charges dropped.

I'm glad you mentioned that, USMCW ...... because I'm always a bit suspicious of someone unidentified who's telling TV Land what a person who is now dead (and therefore cannot contradict them) said when she was alive.

Also, that story she told just happened to point out:
1. Maria lied about being raped twice.
2. There never was a lapse in the Protective Orders.

I'm not saying she for sure was lying or following orders or getting paid off ...... I'm just saying that what she did say was something that put a little convenient lipstick on that pig of a presser.

I mean, the presser just did not sit well with a lot of people.

My Dad is gone but I might be able to answer this. I think everyone is basing the time of death based upon the lack of cell phone activity.

That would be my guess.

Seven, all true. And the Shadow person admited she is a friend of CL's.

I am wondering if more sheetrock was torn down yes or this is a question to the prosecution to Xtina "Was that there before the Christmas Party - better still ask my brothers the Marines at the burning - did you enter the garage - had you been at the house before - did you ever notice any sheetrock removed before - etc

Good questions .... and ....

You just reminded me of something else: One of the talking heads a couple of days ago, talking about that party where their fellow marines were there for the bonfire that Maria/Gabriella were underneath ..... well, I the only way to say it is to say it ............. The TH started talking about the smell of burning flesh and how there was no way that the people who were there at that party wouldn't have noticed that smell.

Do you agree w/that?

Good questions .... and ....

You just reminded me of something else: One of the talking heads a couple of days ago, talking about that party where their fellow marines were there for the bonfire that Maria/Gabriella were underneath ..... well, I the only way to say it is to say it ............. The TH started talking about the smell of burning flesh and how there was no way that the people who were there at that party wouldn't have noticed that smell.

Do you agree w/that?

You didn't ask me, but I am completely sure that a group of Marines did not knowingly have a bonfire over a fellow Marine's body.

FMRUSMC, what do you make of NCIS telling Maria to report the car keying and slugging incident to civillian LE? It happened on base.
They were getting tired of dealing with her. She had possibly changed her story several times. they believed CL totally. the marine corps has a knack of dealing with certain problems. I am sure that the command that he and she were under when the initial charges were made is being made.

Being harassed and slugged will tend to make a person do that. Below is a post from a thread I started this morning:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1927534&postcount=1
Shocking Similar Cases
Below are two cases featured at the below link for American Chronicle.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/49661

Airman Cassandra Hernandez' gang rapists, are docked pay and assigned more labor while she faces court martial for indecent liberties. If convicted, she will be jailed, demoted and have to register as a sex offender.

Airman First Class Ashley Turner who had accused a fellow airman of stealing $2700 from her account. Airman Calvin Eugene Hill was facing court martial and Airman Ashley Turner was set to testify. She never got the chance. Someone reportedly slammed a barbell weight into her face and then stabbed her to death.

Other articles written by Rebekah Price at American Chronicle.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/49422

Rebekah Price sickens me with her tripe. I came across one of her articles earlier. It's obvious she's a feminist who hates the military so much that she can't even get her facts straight. How on earth does that girl know a thing about the military? She doesn't.

Her credentials are on the right-hand side. She doesn't even have the credentials to write such a nasty article. I'm sorry, I saw one of those articles hours ago and she just irritated me. All three articles, she takes cheap shots at the military without even thinking of interviewing someone from the military to find out why things are done the way they are. I had to close the page before I left her a piece of my mind. lol

You didn't ask me, but I am completely sure that a group of Marines did not knowingly have a bonfire over a fellow Marine's body.

I dont think so either.
But the question was whether they would smell "burning flesh" ....... was the bonfire burning human flesh?

Seven, all true. And the Shadow person admited she is a friend of CL's.

Right!

And the only thing she said that was against (but not really in the long run) seemed to make her sound "fair and balanced" was when she emphatically stated that Maria was afraid of CL, but she did it while simultaneously covering MC *advertiser censored** by stating she, herself, had typed up/prepared the PO.

But somehow the spokesman for the MC failed to get that information before he read the official statement on 01/15/08....:rolleyes:

I might be able to answer this. I think everyone is basing the time of death based upon the lack of cell phone activity.

But the cell phone was found by the main gate. If she was killed after the 14th, I would assume they were holding her and would have wanted to get rid of the phone ASAP because of its ability to receive pings or whatever. Easy for either of them to pitch it out the car window on their way to work. Somebody tossed it there. I wonder why there?

I dont think so either.
But the question was whether they would smell "burning flesh" ....... was the bonfire burning human flesh?

Maybe the dirt on top of the body insulated it somewhat from the heat of the fire -- heat does rise. I think the body was burned earlier, and for the life of me can't figure out how the neighbors didn't smell that.

USMCWife,
Whoa! I'm pretty sure the author has more background and facts on the cases she writes about than you do.

A suggestion for you, be careful of using the word feminist in a negative tone in a forum that is commented on by mostly women.

SS I would feel alot safer off base then on base..Look how well they protected Maria.. :rolleyes:

If I found that my husband possibly killed a woman and buried her...I would be scared to death even if he said she committed suicide. I would NOT have had to decide where to go with the information. I would be scared!! I would be at home OFF BASE alone with a baby. I would NOT call Dad, an Atty, and then go to the Base to tell them what was going on. No freaking way. I would dial 911.

USMCWife,
Whoa! I'm pretty sure the author has more background and facts on the cases she writes about than you do.

A suggestion for you, be careful of using the word feminist in a negative tone in a forum that is commented on by mostly women.

I would certainly have more credentials in speaking about the Marine Corps than she would have with her generalizations.

I AM a woman...and I said it. Big deal. I don't think women should be given preference over men nor men should have preference over women...but that's starting a whole separate topic on the falling apart of once was a noble cause that doesn't belong here.

If you want an unbiased article to compare to Ms. Price's, then here is one: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/28/earlyshow/contributors/tracysmith/main3212398.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee