Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the mother speaking yesterday and was stunned that a mother would disrespect her own daughter in that way...especially not knowing where the child was. My first thought is what a narcisstic woman!
I read that she was adopted at 19 months..I feel more sorry for her now..obviously the mother didn't bond with her.
This girl was not believed by the military or her mother, evidently, and as a consequence, lost her life.
I never post...but I just feel as a 55 yr old mother (unfortunately, no daughters) that someone has to speak out for this young woman.
No woman deserves to be disrespected like she has been.
May the angels hold her and her baby and she find the acceptance where she is that she obviously didn't get here ^i^

Storm, welcome and I hope you post more often. You wrote: "May the angels hold her and her baby and she find the acceptance where she is that she obviously didn't get here ^i^" AMEN.

Why is it disrespectful to say she has a mental disorder? It is nothing to be ashamed of.

I would be more suspicious if Mom did not tell the truth. Who knows how hard it was for her to admit it.

I am shocked how mean posters on this usually loving forum are being to the Mom based on the few statements available to critique. God forbid you ever have to live your life with someone with an untreated or untreatable mental or personality disorder.

This looks like the same guy to me...Of course, it's hard for me to tell...

It looks like the same guy to me, also has same name, stationed in Camp Lejeune, lives in Jacksonville, too many similarities not to be him. Not to mention that he looks like the same guy in both photos

I Give up!!!!! I was wrong again. Does someone know how to enlarge that PIC? The arm farthest away from the child has some type of Tat on it

Jade we will all just have to agree to disagree on this one. No reason to get upset about it it's just how we feel towards the mother, you can feel ok with how the mother reacted about her missing pregnant daughter and that is totally fine, everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Why is it disrespectful to say she has a mental disorder? It is nothing to be ashamed of.

I would be more suspicious if Mom did not tell the truth. Who knows how hard it was for her to admit it.

I am shocked how mean posters on this usually loving forum are being to the Mom based on the few statements available to critique. God forbid you ever have to live your life with someone with an untreated or untreatable mental or personality disorder.

I am saying that as a mother, regardless of what you think of your daughter's character, you would be voicing concern about her whereabouts and her health. She could have kept those thoughts to herself and reached out to her daughter and offered comfort and help.
The mother didn't present herself as a caring and loving mother.
She put her daughter's character out there and left, at least me,
thinking that the daughter had made up this story and was in
hiding.
Ladies, all of us deserve to be heard.
If the marines or her mother had heard her, she may be alive.
If she had made up the story, a good therapist would be in order..not
slamming her in the media.
Didn't the Sheriff also say yesterday that she should come forward?
It's obvious that he wasn't believing she was a victim.

I am still wondering about the woman who came forward. If it was the wife
then why did she wait so long. At the news conference police stated that
no deal was given for the information. That it was a concerned citizen.
I think that maybe Laurean could have had several girl-friends and that maybe
he was telling other girl-friend that she took off but with the recent press
she realized that this could not be true and came forward. I think that we are going to find out that this guy was a master manpulator and he fooled allot of people.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am saying that as a mother, regardless of what you think of your daughter's character, you would be voicing concern about her whereabouts and her health. She could have kept those thoughts to herself and reached out to her daughter and offered comfort and help.
hiding.

This may or may not have been posted earlier, so I decided to post it here as to give a summary of where we are right now:

- Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, who was eight months pregnant, was said to be buried in a shallow grave in a wooded residential area of Onslow County, but her body had not yet been recovered

- a witness came forward at 8 a.m. Friday, with a statement and evidence to support it, that convinced authorities of the death. Brown wouldn't name the witness, or describe Lauterbach's cause of death, except to tell CNN she died "from an injury."

- Suspect left Camp Lejeune area early Friday, sheriff says

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/11/missing.marine/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Okay here is what I am trying and suck at searching..LOl Who can find Christinas maiden name? Also can anyone find out if she was or is a marine as well?

Oh you are so right! It's like everyone failed her...(even after her death) :(

hiding.

I am still wondering about the woman who came forward. If it was the wife
then why did she wait so long. At the news conference police stated that
no deal was given for the information. That it was a concerned citizen.
I think that maybe Laurean could have had several girl-friends and that maybe
he was telling other girl-friend that she took off but with the recent press
she realized that this could not be true and came forward. I think that we are going to find out that this guy was a master manpulator and he fooled allot of people.

Sounds like Scott Peterson to me ....... I am thinking it was the wife who put two and two together and then called LE

"
I'm wondering what would be considered evidence to support it, other than a picture.
I'm sure it's not a picture, but what could it be that would tell them for certain that she is dead?

"- a witness came forward at 8 a.m. Friday, with a statement and evidence to support it, that convinced authorities of the death. Brown wouldn't name the witness, or describe Lauterbach's cause of death, except to tell CNN she died "from an injury."

- Suspect left Camp Lejeune area early Friday, sheriff says"

hiding.

You summed that up very nicely storm and I completely agree.:clap:

How do LE know that he left at 4:00. I know you have to have decal or
something to enter base. I wonder if they have proof from the guard shack
at the entrance to the base that he went through at 4:00. However, I do not think he lived on base. He was buying a house. I wonder if the person that come forward was with him up until the time he left?

at the entrance to the base that he went through at 4:00. However, I do not think he lived on base. He was buying a house. I wonder if the person that come forward was with him up until the time he left?

That is ome of the reasons I am wondering if it was his wife that came forward.

Maybe his wife? Thats the only thing I can think of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member