Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do LE know that he left at 4:00. I know you have to have decal or
something to enter base. I wonder if they have proof from the guard shack
at the entrance to the base that he went through at 4:00. However, I do not think he lived on base. He was buying a house. I wonder if the person that come forward was with him up until the time he left?

Oh good question...I doubt he was living on base, too.
The "she" is a girlfriend or his wife?
Would she then be considered an accomplice, by waiting until
8 A.M. to come forward?
He had a 4 hour lead on them by the time she came forward...

Everyone have a nice weekend. Got to go. I cannot wait to see what the news shows have to say about this tonight. Keep on sleuthing!

Jade we will all just have to agree to disagree on this one. No reason to get upset about it it's just how we feel towards the mother, you can feel ok with how the mother reacted about her missing pregnant daughter and that is totally fine, everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Some opinions are a clear violation of TOS # 11.

For all we know the Mom did think it was all made up. That is why LE is leading the investigation not her parents.

Now I am not ready to nominate her for parent of the year but I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Please go through all the threads of missing and see that it is not unusual for a mental disorder to be noted.

I will not back down from saying having a mental or personality disorder is nothing to be ashamed of and it is better to honest during an emergency than try to hide it when the truth might help.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent post Storm ! As a daughter in law of someone who is bipolar bigtime, I would never say anything to national press about her lying to us or manipulating us if she were missing. There is no need to publicize things that should be private if they ' re going to harm a persons' image. By calling her daughter a compulsive liar, she lessened Maria's credibility in the eyes of LE, USMC and NCIS investigators. I would never do this to someone in my family, especially my daughter.

I am saying that as a mother, regardless of what you think of your daughter's character, you would be voicing concern about her whereabouts and her health. She could have kept those thoughts to herself and reached out to her daughter and offered comfort and help.
The mother didn't present herself as a caring and loving mother.
She put her daughter's character out there and left, at least me,
thinking that the daughter had made up this story and was in
hiding.
Ladies, all of us deserve to be heard.
If the marines or her mother had heard her, she may be alive.
If she had made up the story, a good therapist would be in order..not
slamming her in the media.
Didn't the Sheriff also say yesterday that she should come forward?
It's obvious that he wasn't believing she was a victim.

Jade,
I agree with you...if someone truly has a mental disorder, it's something a mother would tell LE in confidence and would be very useful to those who need to know.
I wouldn't allow it to be released as news...
The news was that she was missing...
I'm wondering how mentally ill she could have been to be accepted by the Marines?
Does anyone know if there are disqualifications for mental illness?

For all we know the Mom did think it was all made up. That is why LE is leading the investigation not her parents.

Now I am not ready to nominate her for parent of the year but I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Please go through all the threads of missing and see that it is not unusual for a mental disorder to be noted.

I will not back down from saying having a mental or personality disorder is nothing to be ashamed of and it is better to honest during an emergency than try to hide it when the truth might help.

I dont think saying we dont agree with her saying this info is in Violation of the TOS

11. Please note that Websleuths is a victim friendly forum therefore we do not permit name calling of victims. Please tread carefully in this area. Discussion of victims and families is permitted but name calling and foundless accusations will not be allowed.

No one that I have seen has called her names or said anything other than they would not do this, maybe we should ask the MODS? I dont know though I just dont agree with what she said, I think that is maybe why it took so long to get this case in the open maybe? Also there is NOTHING wrong with the disorders it is just how she said it that got me. Again sorry to disagree

Move along the discussion. You've all had your say. Get back to the discussion of Marie who is still missing.

If my opinion violated TOS, I am so sorry.
I moderated at AOL for years and it didn't occur
to me that it was a violation:(
I am probably trying to mother the girl who no
longer needs a mother:(
I just feel so so sorry for her.
I'm empathetic, but not a very good detective..

I dont think saying we dont agree with her saying this info is in Violation of the TOS

11. Please note that Websleuths is a victim friendly forum therefore we do not permit name calling of victims. Please tread carefully in this area. Discussion of victims and families is permitted but name calling and foundless accusations will not be allowed.

No one that I have seen has called her names or said anything other than they would not do this, maybe we should ask the MODS? I dont know though I just dont agree with what she said, I think that is maybe why it took so long to get this case in the open maybe? Also there is NOTHING wrong with the disorders it is just how she said it that got me. Again sorry to disagree

Oops, sorry was talking on the phone and did'nt see the request to move on until I posted.

How do LE know that he left at 4:00. I know you have to have decal or
something to enter base. I wonder if they have proof from the guard shack
at the entrance to the base that he went through at 4:00. However, I do not think he lived on base. He was buying a house. I wonder if the person that come forward was with him up until the time he left?

Maybe there's a cam at the entrance?....

I just got home from work and heard the sad news with respect to the expected outcome of this case. I just have one question. Am I correct in understanding that she was living, at th time of her disappearance, with the guy she accused of raping her? How can that be? Am I missing something or did I get that wrong? Who lives with their rapist, and how is it the USMC would allow them to live together? Sorry if I missed something I've been at work all day and I'm tired.

I just got home from work and heard the sad news with respect to the expected outcome of this case. I just have one question. Am I correct in understanding that she was living, at th time of her disappearance, with the guy she accused of raping her? How can that be? Am I missing something or did I get that wrong? Who lives with their rapist, and how is it the USMC would allow them to live together? Sorry if I missed something I've been at work all day and I'm tired.
I could be wrong but do not think she was living with him.

Hi Spaz! :blowkiss:

From what I understood, it sounded to me like contact was made by Maria with Laurean around the time she disappeared.

I do not think they were living together.

Hey guys ... i have been a lurker for MANY years at Web Sleuths and it is THIS case that has made me decided to post.

This is the most unusual set of circumstances ever. I need the full story.

I have a feeling it was the wife/gf that did come forward with information. Maybe he told her what he had done and that he had to leave and she decided not to protect him.

I dont know, its just all so confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member