Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am further confused by that article, Deb! Wow! I have no clue what to think now.

The thing that stands out to me is that a man was trying to cover the cam with a rag to obtain money from her account. I would definitely say it was suspicious. Why wouldn't they take this as a red flag? Why couldn't he also be obtaining money in her name via Western Union?

It is very confusing at this point. Gosh could she be alive, I don't know.

Some questions that maybe would clear this case up.
Who wired the western union money, where was it sent. However wouldn't you think LE would have that info already? Shouldn't of taken more then 5-10 minutes to find that out. JMO
And who withdraw from the atm.

I am so bewildered by the statements in the CNN article. It quotes her mother, apparently not a step-mother unless the journalist at CNN was too lazy to differentiate, as saying that Maria is a " compulsive liar".

Later in the article, this same idiot family says " We hope she's alive". Not- " We think she's alive" or " We know she's safe and at an undisclosed location". NOO. Just " We hope she's alive".
Where is the compassion in this world? This is a young, pregnant woman who may or may not have emotional problems but who is at high risk for being in danger, no matter what the personality traits or perceived personality traits are.

I am flabbergasted. No one seems very worried at all about this young mother to be except us.
I don't care what she may have said or done, I think she's in jeopardy and even if no one else is being supportive, we as a community can be.

Please, can we pray for the lives and safety of Maria and her baby?
The sense of callousness by LE, the military, and her family just breaks my heart in two.

Maria

This morning on Fox news, I heard "adoptive mother" which may explain something, but I'm not sure what!

Onslow County's sheriff plans to announce "a
major update" at noon today about the pregnant Marine
who disappeared. per WRAL.com

I am so bewildered by the statements in the CNN article. It quotes her mother, apparently not a step-mother unless the journalist at CNN was too lazy to differentiate, as saying that Maria is a " compulsive liar".

Later in the article, this same idiot family says " We hope she's alive". Not- " We think she's alive" or " We know she's safe and at an undisclosed location". NOO. Just " We hope she's alive".
Where is the compassion in this world? This is a young, pregnant woman who may or may not have emotional problems but who is at high risk for being in danger, no matter what the personality traits or perceived personality traits are.

I am flabbergasted. No one seems very worried at all about this young mother to be except us.
I don't care what she may have said or done, I think she's in jeopardy and even if no one else is being supportive, we as a community can be.

Please, can we pray for the lives and safety of Maria and her baby?
The sense of callousness by LE, the military, and her family just breaks my heart in two.

Maria

Me too, and she's so young yet. If her family is like it appears, no wonder her situation was so desperate. I wouldn't be surprised if she thought they would take her baby. I feel greatly for Maria and will support her with you.

Onslow County's sheriff plans to announce "a
major update" at noon today about the pregnant Marine
who disappeared. per WRAL.com

Hi Taxi:blowkiss: thanks for the update! This whole thing is really confusing and strange.

On GMA, this morning, they reported it as simply her mother saying she, the missing daughter, is a compulsive liar.

"Mary" is the step mother and the one who has been calling Maria a compulsive liar. It is likely that there is no distinguishing between step and biological children in the family...My oldest nephew is my brother's son in all ways except biological for example. It never crosses anyone's mind except at times like these...

I am recalling my 20's right now, and I feel sorry for Maria if she just ran off. If she lied about the assault then she probably didn't realize what a snowball she created, especially if she's lied before and gotten away with it.

Also, she's pregnant and apparently has some mental issues. I just hope she comes home safe, can deliver a healthy baby and can get the help she needs.

Someone said it before on another thread that you can't just run away anymore in this world and expect to get away with it!

Police will hold a news conference at noon today. I'm pretty sure that's eastern time, but not totally sure!

Police will hold a news conference at noon today. I'm pretty sure that's eastern time, but not totally sure!
I hope and pray this young girl is okay, but I fear that she isn't. At the very least, she has/had an accomplice if a male was trying to use her ATM card. If, what the mother/stepmother says is true, then the girl needs help. If the girl has lied in the past, it doesn't mean that she is lying about the assault. This type of assault/rape happens way too often. It is sad that this mother/stepmother can't keep her mouth shut. Why is she telling anyone other than police things that may be helpful. I think that it is a reflection on her character, not Maria's.

ETA: After reading the CNN article, it sounds like she is alive. If there are Western Union transmissions of money and withdrawals from her account, someone is helping her. The article says that her due date isn't until 2/14. This kid, at the very least, sounds confused and in dire need of help. It is hard enough to raise a child by yourself when you have family support. It is nearly impossible to do being in the military and with practically no help at all.

I hope and pray this young girl is okay, but I fear that she isn't. At the very least, she has/had an accomplice if a male was trying to use her ATM card. If, what the mother/stepmother says is true, then the girl needs help. If the girl has lied in the past, it doesn't mean that she is lying about the assault. This type of assault/rape happens way too often. It is sad that this mother/stepmother can't keep her mouth shut. Why is she telling anyone other than police things that may be helpful. I think that it is a reflection on her character, not Maria's.

We are taking other ppl's word she has lied in the past, what if she didn't.
Just a thought.
Have to wait til 12...:silenced:

Another reporter said that they will be reporting at noon that if LE can prove something they learned overnight, this will probably have a favorable outcome.

All week long there haven't been any real updates on any cases I was following. Mostly political coverage. Today I'm working at the pc and there's been nothing but bits and pieces here and there about 3 or 4 cases I've been following! lol

I know, I know, turn off the t.v....

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/873373.html

The sheriff investigating the disappearance of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine said he expected a major break in the case Friday afternoon, after detectives finish interviewing the woman's roommate.
"He's going to answer some questions that I think will shed a lot of light on this case," Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said.
Still, the court papers said the anticipated birth of the baby "might provide evidentiary credence to charges she lodged with military authorities that she was sexually assaulted by a senior military person."
Her stepmother said the officer threatened the missing woman's career, and search warrants filed this week state the woman was facing a possible discharge from the Marine Corps. No reason was provided

Another reporter said that they will be reporting at noon that if LE can prove something they learned overnight, this will probably have a favorable outcome..

Hopefully they did find her and she just doesn't want to go back to the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami