Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still wondering about the woman who came forward. If it was the wife
then why did she wait so long...
What if this guy left a note for his wife confessing to the murder and stating where the body could be found? He left early when she was still asleep. When she arose at 8 a.m. and discovered the note, she immediately called police. He was long gone by then.

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
Okay so BF doesnt want dinner YAY!

Found this just now.
http://www.wwaytv3.com/authorities_find_center_of_interest_for_marines_body/01/2008

They are focusing on what they called an underground cavity in the backyard of a comrade she had accused of rape.
Sheriff Ed Brown says authorities don't plan to look anywhere else.
He says information from another woman, a former Marine, left investigators certain that 20-year-old Lance Corporal Maria Frances Lauterbach was dead, even though they hadn't yet found her remains.
Authorities suspended their search of the backyard of key suspect - Marine Corporal Cesar Armando Laurean - for the day shortly after 5 p.m. Friday.

Whaaa?!

I thought it was a shallow grave??? How big can one backyard be? My goodness, at this rate someone's mini-chihuahua will find the body when it gets let out to pee-pee before Sheriff Brown gets around to it!

Susan

Just on whiotv.com: Uncle of Maria stated that everything told to law enforcement was in hopes of finding Maria. They love her very much and the family is exteremly close. They entrusted law enforcement with with private information and it in turn was given to the media. In no way is there any hatered in this family, the are loving and caring.

Whaaa?!

I thought it was a shallow grave??? How big can one backyard be? My goodness, at this rate someone's mini-chihuahua will find the body when it gets let out to pee-pee before Sheriff Brown gets around to it!

Susan
Thats what I said when I read it. Of course this could be wrong we all know how early reports get messed up, BUT it is from a local Newspaper

sunshine, thanks for that info. I totally believe they did what they thought would help. I never once heard any of her family on TV saying any like that. I did hear the mom saying they weren't able to talk about a lot because they wanted to help LE.

Sounds like LE bumbled it ALL.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Indy Gal, Taximom, Karaintexas, Ticamom and Chicoliving. I knew that was just wrong. I wonder if mom or step mom depending on which channel you watch feels bad about calling her a liar. I also wonder who this EX-Marine who gave the tip, and why he let this happen in the first place, if he was there. If he wasn't there I hope he reported it as soon as he found out about it. I will have to keep an eye out for this guy, VA Beach is only a few hours from the base.
That mother is irritating the crap out of me. what kind of mother does that when her daughter goes missing???? calling her a convulsive liar and saying shes bipolar.saying they were arguing on the phone with the mom wanting her to put her baby up for adoption. trashing her missing, probably murdered daughter. this sickens me to no end.:banghead:

Just on whiotv.com: Uncle of Maria stated that everything told to law enforcement was in hopes of finding Maria. They love her very much and the family is exteremly close. They entrusted law enforcement with with private information and it in turn was given to the media. In no way is there any hatered in this family, the are loving and caring.

So is that why the roomate Marine Durham stated, he witnessed the last phone call between Maria and her step (Mom), maria was upset due to the fact the step wanted her to give the baby up for adoption because maria wasn't able to take care of the baby?

When I read that information, I almost choked with anger. Sounds like connived divisness instead of unity. Unity being: Uniting and keeping a family together forever! I think this woman, if I'm wrong, Lord I ask for forigiveness was planting seeds of division, with the motive being to steal the baby away from Maria legally.

I've seen it wayyyyyyyyyy toooooooooo many times, people take advantage of an un-wed, unsuspecting young new mother. How can she say without a shadow of a doubt Maria while still pregnant needed to adopt the baby out, she had never even been given a shot at motherhood at that point and time.

Hinky stinky meters going off. The only way I could be wrong about this, is if the step mom never said that, and the phone call never happened. The Durham roomate has to date been credible. He's done nothing so far but be helpful and build up maria, where we've all seen at the very least a tearing down of maria by calling her a compulsive liar.

ETA: Maybe to try and have her appear un-fit publically, sure looks like the cards were being played one at the time in order to reach the bigger goal.

I am 20 minutes away from the family home and our local news is doing a fantasic job updating the community on this tragedy. Everyone the have interviewed has noting but good to say about the family.

What if this guy left a note for his wife confessing to the murder and stating where the body could be found? He left early when she was still asleep. When she arose at 8 a.m. and discovered the note, she immediately called police. He was long gone by then.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense as to what the "physical evidence" could be!! Was wracking my brain trying to think of what they had besides this "mystery witnesses" word that would make them think she was dead for sure.

But a confession left for someone when he took off makes some possible sense.

Cynpat, read what sunshine just posted :

Apparently, words meant for LE got put in the press.

It is true guys They found her....

Sheriff: We found cavity in Marine suspect's yard

Police have found a "cavity" in the back yard of the suspected killer of a pregnant Marine and are no longer looking anywhere else for her, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said tonight. The hunt continues for suspect Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean, whom Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach had accused of raping her. The pregnant Lauterback vanished last month.

http://www.cnn.com/

I have no cable in office would someone offer to watch news for updates for us who cant

Gosh, wonder where that attorney is now?
She went missing on 12/14 and the first
news I can find on it is this week ..Jan 9th?
The mother reported her missing about December
20th and it just made news Jan 9th?
Did I miss something?
Why did they wait to get this story out until
this week?
I'm wondering if they assumed she just ran away
since a hearing was coming up?
I wonder why they didn't think that maybe someone
made her disappear because of the hearing or
evidence she was "carrying"?
In this case, it seems all the boys believed the
boys..

Why am I wondering if Sheriff Brown would scratch his head and ask what is forensics?:doh:

Besides, he wouldn't want to offend the suspect's lawyers by looking for evidence which could be used against their client, would he?

He probably would want to stay "on the fence" in case he could be wrong. Better to do nothing than to risk being wrong, you know.

Susan

Guys we are running slow again if you need link to chat pm me quick

I wonder if he knows the mother spoke to the
press on national cable TV yesterday?
The family has to be devastated:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff