Missing Cell Phones #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, the simplest answer usually turns out to be the right answer. So, I'm inclined to believe that someone in the Irwin household called MW that morning. Perhaps they were using a number that they thought would lead to contact with someone other than MW, or perhaps MW is lying and she does know someone in the irwin home. But I don't believe this call was a pocket dial, a spoof call, nor a call from some mysterious kidnapper.

JMO

ETA: Perhaps one of the kids dialed the phone trying to find JI, or a "friend" of MW's...who knows?

A kidnapper calling MW is just as simple as DB or JI calling MW imo, especially if no connection is found between MW and the parents. I believe police know one way or the other if there is a strong connection and I will wait for verification from the professional investigators.

A kidnapper calling MW is just as simple as DB or JI calling MW imo, especially if no connection is found between MW and the parents. I believe police know one way or the other if there is a strong connection and I will wait for verification from the professional investigators.

You don't find it odd that: 1). the kidnapper takes the cell phones, 2). all 3 cell phones are conveniently placed together on a counter, so this kidnapper can grab them in one fell swoop on his way out the door 3). that this kidnapper somehow knew this was ALL the cell phones in the home 4). that the kidnapper would call someone he or she knew, knowing LE could probably trace that call to someone who knew the identity of the kidnapper and who might actually NAME him or her?

You don't find it odd that: 1). the kidnapper takes the cell phones, 2). all 3 cell phones are conveniently placed together on a counter, so this kidnapper can grab them in one fell swoop on his way out the door 3). that this kidnapper somehow knew this was ALL the cell phones in the home 4). that the kidnapper would call someone he or she knew, knowing LE could probably trace that call to someone who knew the identity of the kidnapper and who might actually NAME him or her?

It wasn't all the cell phones in the house. There was on on the drawer. I don't think it's that odd that a kidnapper would take the phones, nor odd that there is one "docking" place for cell phones of the parents. I think that's actually more normal than a couple having two separate locations they place their phones at night. And I don't think kidnappers of babies think things through at all, it's not like they're diamond heist thieves or international spies. They're deranged people who creep around in the middle of the night taking babies out of cribs. They're usually nuts.

Yes. Being a huge fan of Occam's razor, I agree, and think a kidnapper calling MW is actually MUCH simpler than the Irwins doing it.

Kidnapper calling MW:

Kidnapper walks in unlocked door, picks up baby and cell phones, calls MW for some kind of help and somehow someone else answers the phone. After a brief conversation, kidnapper hangs up.

Irwins calling MW:

They've killed their baby and are in the middle of hiding the evidence. One part of hiding the evidence is to get rid of the 3 cell phones on the table, which are active but they intend to lie and say they aren't active, because they want to make it appear that a kidnapper took the phones to keep them from being in communication with 911 when they discover the baby is missing. But to add a real confusing twist, they call a random number to totally confuse everyone as to whether the phones worked or not - in fact, they want to appear to be lying that the phones don't work, and cast doubt about if they were up making calls instead of sleeping innocently. So anyway back to the story. They randomly call someone who by the strangest coincidence DOES have ties to the area through her ex boyfriend. So someone picks up, and they decide to speak to the person, risking the person being able to recall the conversation and the voice. But that's all part of their diabolical plot, see, and it worked in their favor because no one can figure out who answered that random phone.

See how much simpler the first scene is?

Just sitting here thinking about cell phones and remembering Brittanee's case...not counting the " call pings " but LE knew that she started" walking " back to her condo and then changed directions at a faster speed ... LE knew her speed and they knew about what intersection that change in direction happened...

Couldn't LE know a lot more about the location of the cell phones that night? Seems like this type of real time information is saved by some carriers for a least 24 hours before being erased? Correct?

Since LE knew the phones were taken maybe they have this information before it got erased unless the perp removed the batteries upon leaving Lisa's home... But then if a call was made to MW the batteries would have been reinserted and a location revealed... so that call was important and had a purpose not just butt dialing right?

But if the phone had the battery in it all during this time then LE could know exactly the path the phone took until the battery is removed or simply just run down....

Do we know if the phone has "GPS " location or would location depend on the triangulation of cell towers again?

Deb made the comment that LE told her about the call, but she said it couldn't be true because the both had tried to use the phones and they didn't work. Did they think LE was lying to them about the call and they really thought their phones didn't work or what?

Yes, I think that's what she was trying to say. That she believed they made up the call as part of their efforts to coerce her to admit to harming Lisa.

Request to the Bradwins and LE - Please release a description of the cell phones so that if they are found, the finder can report them.

Cell phones are pretty hard to destroy, so they could turn up. Wonder why this info hasn't been released?

Yeah, maybe the phone company can turn then on - then start phoning them.. maybe they will ring somewhere...

Yes, I think that's what she was trying to say. That she believed they made up the call as part of their efforts to coerce her to admit to harming Lisa.

If I were innocent, IMO my responses would be "one of the phones worked?! Who did the kidnapper call? Can we trace the phones? We should try calling them!!!", not "The police are lying to frame/coerce me". Maybe that's just me though.

1) I find kidnapping odd, so no I don't find it any more odd that kidnapper saw the phone and called someone. Let me say it this way, I don't find it ANY SIMPLER than DB calling someone as far removed as MW. If it were her brother or friend, then I would grant you that was simpler. I find them equally simple.

2) no, that is simple. Many people place their phones on the kitchen counter at night.

3)I don't believe the kidnapper would have to know that this was ALL the phones in the house unless the intent was in fact to limit communication. if the kidnapper is a scorned lover, it could also be with the intent to read their personal texts and see what they were saying.

4) I don't find this any more complex than DB calling someone knowing LE could trace the call. Actually, less complex because the phone isn't tied to the kidnapper like it is tied to DB.

AGAIN- I'm not saying it's more likely a kidnapper. I'm simply countering that it's simpler to assume it is DB than a kidnapper. Both are rather complex explanations IMO.

If I were innocent, IMO my responses would be "one of the phones worked?! Who did the kidnapper call? Can we trace the phones? We should try calling them!!!", not "The police are lying to frame/coerce me". Maybe that's just me though.

I don't think DB or her lawyers have ever implied LE is trying to frame her. I think they believe LE considers her guilty and is trying to extract a confession. I have never heard anything about framing someone.

Ok I just asked my high school students about phones since I would consider them experts LOL! I asked them if it's possible to hack into someone's voicemail and they said yes, if they know the password code. I asked if having a password is the minimum security for a voice mailbox and they said no, you can have it unprotected and not have a password. So someone can access the voicemail by calling the person's phone and going into the mailbox and deleting it.

I haven't tried to do this myself. They were very helpful and got some Halloween treats from me. Of course, I told them afterwards why I wanted to know.

Let's just say for a minute that JI OR DB did make the 2:38am phone call to MW's phone. Let's assume they did so intentionally, LI was seen by a neighbor at midnightish? Is it possible, that LI was long gone by 2:38a and that call was made to indicate that the phones AND LI were still in the area at 2:38? MW could be completely not related, but if they'd made a call to establish location of phones to a family member or someone else related then it would point back to JI OR DB. By making a phone call to someone they didn't know, but so conveniently had a phone number for they solidify that the phones were in the area.

Do you have a link for this. This is very interesting. Did she say this before or after revealing the kidnapper took her phone?

I think this was said in the very first JJP interview. They had already said the phones were stolen, then DB said LE told her about the phone call and that it wasn't possible because the phones were on restricted service. I think this is the same interview she said she was also shown burnt clothes, not sure. My internet is really bad, or maybe it's my computer. I'm very slow today and I can't seem to open new pages. I'm still working on it.....

Was that the same interview when she says the cops showed her pings on a map as well? I was left with the impression that there were multiple pings. I wonder if the 3 phones went in 3 different directions?

Was that the same interview when she says the cops showed her pings on a map as well? I was left with the impression that there were multiple pings. I wonder if the 3 phones went in 3 different directions?

This is part of the reason I'm not so sure this call to MW is the alleged 2:30 am call.

But, I seem to be the only one not convinced of that fact, so...:dunno:

This is part of the reason I'm not so sure this call to MW is the alleged 2:30 am call.

But, I seem to be the only one not convinced of that fact, so...:dunno:

Do you think there are more calls but this is just the only one we've heard of? Could be.

Do you think there are more calls but this is just the only one we've heard of? Could be.

I think it's possible that the reason LE is interested in the call to MW is because it occurred some time after the drinking buddy neighbor left. Sometime after DB claimed she went to bed. The call to MW could be the alleged 2:30 am call...but it could also be an earlier call, imo. I honestly don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member