Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘That is a question that needs to be answered. Doesn’t pass the smell test.

It seems ridiculous to think she spent most all day out the Hydroslide.
Something just not add up.

That is a good rendition of the timeline.

Recently it was confirmed that Sherrill was often a customer at Cattleman’s Truck Stop. They were said to have very good steaks.

So far as I know, there is no accounting of Sherrill’s whereabouts from the last time she was on the phone about 11:15 PM. It would not be unreasonable that she would have invited out to eat after the work she was involved in prior to that time. I wonder if she was down at Cattleman’s and was driven there. There is no evidence I know of that she used her car that night.

It also opens up the possibility that someone got into the house while she was gone. If there was something there they would have had ample time to go through the house and find what they needed. There is no evidence I know of that the girls had any contact with Sherrill after they arrived. I believe the evidence is overwhelming they did arrive.

It would not be unreasonable to that Suzie was concerned that Sherrill was not in the home when they arrived. When the car or van pulled into the driveway that would possibly explain why the blinds were cracked. If she believed that Sherrill was returning home it would be logical to believe she would open the door expecting to find Sherrill.

All we know for sure about Sherrill is that she left in the print dress. There was an overturned book she was supposed to be reading and an overturned picture frame minus the photo. Beyond the loose dog, we know nothing.

The girl’s whereabouts are virtually proven that night. Sherrill is not.

I'm wondering what photo was removed from that frame?

Kirby and Henson stated Stacy and Suzanne told them they were going to go to Suzanne’s house later in the morning and they would all to White Water...

Is that supposed to read "...Suzanne's house and later in the morning they would all go to..."?

As it is it kinda reads like Suzie and Stacy would go somewhere before going to Suzie's.

???

Yes, it should read that way. The only plan was to go to White Water. Please bear in mind that I wrote this years ago and the posting has a lot of whacky stuff on it, probably from some update on the board. I had to clean up a lot to get the post in this shape.

‘That is a question that needs to be answered. Doesn’t pass the smell test.

It seems ridiculous to think she spent most all day out the Hydroslide.
Something just not add up..

And if the whole group, including Suzanne and Stacy, were supposed to go to the water park, why didn't Janelle and Mike just drive over there? And how many grads are up at 7:30 am after partying till 2 or 3?

Walter "Jake" James Kenney

Soo , Nigel’s uncle was Cheryl Kenney’s husband , when she disappeared .
How weird is it that your aunt goes missing and never found and then a year later your best friend does too ? And her mother Sherrill ?

I don’t think they’re related , more likely Rush & Chaney with Darby & Hammond similar disappearances .

Then he passes away at a young 57.

And if the whole group, including Suzanne and Stacy, were supposed to go to the water park, why didn't Janelle and Mike just drive over there? And how many grads are up at 7:30 am after partying till 2 or 3?

That is a huge hole that makes zero sense. Probably has something to do with the cops going back numerous times to question Janelle. After all, it is only about 45 minutes to Branson. How many times would they realistically be expected to go down that water slide? I’ve been to Branson a dozen or more times. The highlight of my day was going home to Springfield.

I could see jealousy as a viable motive. And why was Mr. McCall saying that Stacy didn’t have permission yo fo to the Delmar address.

The assumption is no forced entry . So a trusted person had to be let in .
What if , they came in an unlocked door , window Or contacted the girls as they were arriving home . That would have been the optimal time . Kelsey Smith , Jen Kesse , Jodi Huisentruit were all abducted At their vehicles in parking lots .
So, do you believe the same person, or persons, could be involved in some of those other abductions? I don't remember where the KS or JK abductions took place. Would they be a one day freeway drive from Springfield like the JH location?

By all accounts , Hydra-slide closed at 6pm . Where they were after that ?? I would have thought since they also lived on the south side of town , they go home and change into dry clothing during the 6-7:30 timeline .

In a documentary, McCall says that she called a friend that worked in the water park to check if the girls were there. And that they were not. I wonder if she was talking about Suzie, Stacy and Sherrill or about Suzie, Stacy and Janelle.

So, do you believe the same person, or persons, could be involved in some of those other abductions? I don't remember where the KS or JK abductions took place. Would they be a one day freeway drive from Springfield like the JH location?
Kelsey was in Missouri , but her killer was caught . The other two were not . No relation.

Sorry if that sounded confusing . I was thinking the MO was similar , but not related cases .

Last edited:
In a documentary, McCall says that she called a friend that worked in the water park to check if the girls were there. And that they were not. I wonder if she was talking about Suzie, Stacy and Sherrill or about Suzie, Stacy and Janelle.
I believe her ,But how could they definitively tell her that ? It’s pretty busy in June . It seemed odd .

Janis has usually said she was surprised when she entered the Streeter/Levitt home and found people there without Sherrill being in the house. She's mentioned thinking about how Sherrill would probably be upset to find people hanging out in her house when she came home. I took that to mean she didn't think Sherrill was with Suzie and Stacy. I could be wrong. If Janis called after she realized Stacy wasn't with Janelle and slept over at a different place than she claimed she would be she possibly referring to Stacy, and Suzie and maybe any other potential friends? Could Janis have paged them at the water park? Was that possible?

No, what I said was, first, establish a theory of why the crime was committed.

GJ3 just happens to be a pretty well-known aspect of the case. As for the $$, the only takeaway I have is that the perps weren't there to rob the place and thus I speculated earlier that they were hired pros. If so, I suspect it doesn't involve GJ3 at all.

Certainly does not appear to have been somone just "doing burglaries in the area."

I think Sherrill learned something through a client involving drugs and she was the probable target.
In regards to Sherrill, did her salon sell the shampoos and other items? If so, which distributor delivered those items? Who were their employees and what type of vehicles did they have available to them? Sometimes delivery persons will pick up tidbits of information about the places they deliver to. Once they start to know people, they will sometimes share those tidbits of information.

No, what I said was, first, establish a theory of why the crime was committed.

GJ3 just happens to be a pretty well-known aspect of the case. As for the $$, the only takeaway I have is that the perps weren't there to rob the place and thus I speculated earlier that they were hired pros. If so, I suspect it doesn't involve GJ3 at all.

Certainly does not appear to have been somone just "doing burglaries in the area."

I think Sherrill learned something through a client involving drugs and she was the probable target.
In regards to Sherrill, did her salon sell the shampoos and other items? If so, which distributor delivered those items? Who were their employees and what type of vehicles did they have available to them? Sometimes delivery persons will pick up tidbits of information about the places they deliver to. Once they start to know people, they will sometimes share those tidbits of information.
Photos could have been removed to make missing persons posters. Sherrill could also have removed photos or had empty frames out to put graduation pictures into. MOO
I bet you're right. Sherrill probably was going to put Suzie's graduation photo in that frame.

Didn’t the cops mention the empty picture frame?

Also if I am remembering correctly the empty frame was in Suzie’s Bedroom so why would a mother plan to stick a graduation photo in her adult daughters bedroom?

It could be innocent or it could be the perp took a
souvenir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members