Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is really helpful. I could understand them moving purses and looking for address books and whatnot, but touching and rearranging your mom’s bed is really bizarre to me! What on earth could they have wanted with the bed?

Did they do DNA testing and then remake the bed? I don't know if that makes sense or if it's something they did.

Did they do DNA testing and then remake the bed? I don't know if that makes sense or if it's something they did.
I would think that they would take photos first, then do any dna testing, etc after? But that certainly makes more sense than the “friends and family” messing with Sherrill’s bed. That would be super sketch if so....

Do we know who this person was? I see this as important information. As I recall one of 21 people who went into that house reportedly had by one account a “miserable” alibi. I believe one person failed the polygraph based on my memory. Was it the same person?

I should defer to Bartt’s recollection of people entering the house at 18. It would have been more accurate to say that there were 21 total suspects that is my understanding. If we add the three “Grand Jury 3” that would add up to 21. I would note that the one with the flimsy alibi was not among the latter three so far as I know. That person has not been identified to my knowledge. I suspect it was that person whose timeline “was cleared up” by the police.

Although I can’t confirm it, I was told some unidentified male had “bonded” with the women and lived but a short distance from the house. The addresses were not public information, although we can extrapolate some of their locations by known facts.

Last edited:
I would think that they would take photos first, then do any dna testing, etc after? But that certainly makes more sense than the “friends and family” messing with Sherrill’s bed. That would be super sketch if so....
That is would make sense. The SPD did put a van in front of the police station that was supposed to be similar to the vehicle that may have taken them. That kind of thing can encourage false memories and also discourages people from coming forward with information that goes against what LE is saying. Maybe the pictures were tools as Bartt Streeter said, to figure out where or how things were. I would hope no one would be in Sherrill’s bed.

This is an interesting question. To my knowledge, none of the “usual suspects” should have had their DNA in the house. Their DNA would have been in CODIS. It seems the actual perp doesn’t have his DNA on file or he was extraordinarily good at removing any trace of his being there.

1) Randy Ferguson does not have a well listed there on the Missouri DNR.
2) Walter Long is not listed as the owner
3) Billy Dykes did not have a relationship with Larry as you said he did.

walter long was the previous owner , the property went into a trust in aug 2019 the parcil numbers are 1122100013 and parcil number 1122100015 , and there is a well there with a d,n.r, permit assigned to randy ferguson ,on the 6 acres , since the billy dykes property went into michaels name , we are checking to see which son by which mother larry is , sometimes these people have so many kids out of wedlock it gets hard to trace

This is an interesting question. To my knowledge, none of the “usual suspects” should have had their DNA in the house. Their DNA would have been in CODIS. It seems the actual perp doesn’t have his DNA on file or he was extraordinarily good at removing any trace of his being there.
Since so many people were in the house and possibly cleaning could they tell if their had been blood on the blankets?

this is really helpful. I could understand them moving purses and looking for address books and whatnot, but touching and rearranging your mom’s bed is really bizarre to me! What on earth could they have wanted with the bed?

As far as the bed is concerned, I don't know who or why it was rearranged. What I do know, is there are or was at least two pictures showing the arrangement of the covers and sheets that differ from each other.

It would not surprise me if LE took photographs when they first came in the house and then rearrange things as they were told it was found by "friends and family."

We have heard the words "cleaned up" used in the past with no real understanding or details of what that entails.

Somehow these people felt comfortable, in what I would considered a very unsettling situation, even not knowing that there had been a crime, they still invited themselves into my mother's home, called other people to come to the house, people were coming and going, and as far as I know none of these people. we're friends, family or co-workers of my mothers and from what I've been able to ascertain very few of the young. people could claim to be more than school mates and somewhat distant friends of my sister's, yet many of them felt comfortable enough to sit down, make coffee and then clean up ?

They might have had to clean up after themselves, because the way I was raised our houses were clean, We were raised as very clean people. Now of course there are times in your teenage years when our bedrooms could be in disarray but the rest of the house was always neat and clean.

When I was growing up, I vacuumed the whole house, did the dishes and took out the trash every single day and after a certain age I was expected to do my own laundry and at times the whole families laundry.

There were certain things were my mother's expectations were met and they were not up for debate and cleanliness was one of those things.

I am still an extremely clean person to this day and that is directly due to how my mother raised me she was very good at preparing me to take care of myself.

@Bartt Streeter I don’t understand how people felt they could invite people into your mother’s house. I wonder how that played over the phone. The behavior of those kids was rude and out there.

Must admit, that back in 1992 I took for granted that the 18 people that went into my mother's home were ignorant of the gravity of the situation and concerned for the welfare of my mother, sister and Stacy.

However, in reading some of the recent conversation on this forum.

I've come to realize that some of these teenagers explanations of changing plans and actions on graduation evening, could be including planned deception of their parents.

And in turn, some of the comments by the parents especially when Janis said that Stacy didn't have permission to stay at Suzie's, that was not about being judgemental toward Suzie, it was about "her" daughter not being where her daughter told her she would be,

Which sounds to me like her daughter had deceived her in the past and been caught and Janis was on guard for deceptive behaviour from Stacy.

The girls were supposed to stay at Brian Joys until he got upset because people left his party to go to another party and then returned to his house expecting to spend the night there. Then the girls were supposed to stay at Janelle's but too many family members came in from out of town for the girls to sleep there.

And during all of this... going to three different locations for parties somewhere along the line Stacy called her mother and said we are not going to go to Branson tonight I'm going to spend the night at Janelle.

I guess knowing what time Stacy called Janis to say that the plans changed and/or if Stacy actually had permission to go to Branson on graduation night or if Janis was under the impression the whole time that Stacy would be staying with Janelle and leaving for Branson the next day are things that should be known. Especially with a case that hasn't been solved for 28 + years and these teenagers are all adults now.

The gist of my post, is a scenario that somebody else here has already posted and I'm just mulling it around...plus I had two Wild Cherry Coca-Cola's with my pizza and I am severely sensitive to caffeine. So it's going to be a long night.

What if, some of these parents were struggling to understand where their children had actually been on graduation evening as their teenagers are desperately trying to align their stories and cover their butts

That situation might take some sitting down having coffee and a few serious conversations with other parents and some deceitful teenagers.

Could that possibly be one of the reasons the authorities were not called much much earlier and why there were so many people in and out of my mother's home. And why there is a mutual protection between these parents and those teenagers to this day?

And it also may have some influence on why Asher has attached himself to the McCall family in the manner he has.. Plus his continued attempts at diverting attention towards me and the mausoleum thief's ?

Very early on in the investigation one of the detectives with the SPD did an interview and in that interview he said "both girls had boyfriends."

The public has never heard about Stacy having any boyfriends, no name has ever been released about previous boyfriends or a 1992 boyfriend.

I will never buy that Stacy didn't have a romance in her life.

Why is there this deafening silence on this issue. Three women were abducted and and in all likelihood murdered no justice for 28+ years, and there's people out there who know the truth about who Stacy was intimate with and they may feel it's unimportant but they are wrong, to allow my mother and sister to be picked apart by law enforcement and the media, and they continue to sit on information that may actually help solve this case, that's disgusting.

Speaking of disgusting for a person to do a TV show and say they know what happened but they are too afraid to report their knowledge because the local police threatened them and then not to take the information to the state patrol or the FBI that is beyond disgusting.
And that person and the little attached group needs to stop calling the victims of this crime "our girls."

This is going to sound like I've gone totally off the deep end, and I'm well aware that would not surprise a few of you.

In December of 1991 there was a shooting at the Springfield Missouri abortion clinic and one of the detectives on that case was Asher.

It was reported just a few years ago that detectives in 1991/1992 had access to the names and files of the women who had used those services, the reason given that those detectives had that access was to investigate husbands and/ or lovers as possible suspects in the attack. (Not surprisingly to me, Asher also failed to solve that case, and after he interviewed a witness he wrote a police report trying to get a warrant to arrest a suspect. The warrant was never issued due to the fact that Asher lied and embellished things that had not happened and filed a false police report, the witness he interviewed publicly accused Asher of lying in that police report. (I believe the witness was a local coach.)

However the information that Asher was exposed to during that investigation of the abortion clinic shooting. Probably concerned more than a few church-going "christian" women that had visited that clinic.

Finally getting tired.

I agree with you, @Bartt Streeter . I also refuse to believe Stacy didn’t have any romantic interest. I also think that you’re right about Asher. I have a special dislike for him.

As for the eighteen people, I’m not so sure everyone who came by that Sunday was there to help. Just speculation, but I believe some were there to see what people were thinking. I also think the time it took for Janelle to contact Janis is way too long and strange. @cherrymeg and I spoke about Janis as well. She certainly won’t step out of her comfort zone and treat Stacy like the 18 year old girl she was instead of a perfect person. Not saying anything bad of course, none of us are perfect. Both Asher and Janis hurt this case with ridiculous theories and lies about Sherrill and Suzie. I also agree with you on the fact that it is truly disgusting for someone to say she knows what happened but is too scared to speak out despite being on tv. I definitely believe this was an attention seeking act on her part.

I also can’t get over Janelle calling Suzie “that other girl.” Suzie was supposed to be Janelle’s friend. They’d just graduated and partied together. Why is she now “that other girl”? I do not trust the Kirby’s at all.

Also, Thank you, Bartt for clearing up questions I had about Brian Joy. It makes sense for him to be upset that everyone went somewhere else. I’m interested in the photos of the bed being different. It’s insane people didn’t think anything was off.

So much rumor and speculation about this case. I think all the people who came by the house needs to be looked into.

Must admit, that back in 1992 I took for granted that the 18 people that went into my mother's home were ignorant of the gravity of the situation and concerned for the welfare of my mother, sister and Stacy.

However, in reading some of the recent conversation on this forum.

I've come to realize that some of these teenagers explanations of changing plans and actions on graduation evening, could be including planned deception of their parents.

And in turn, some of the comments by the parents especially when Janis said that Stacy didn't have permission to stay at Suzie's, that was not about being judgemental toward Suzie, it was about "her" daughter not being where her daughter told her she would be,

Which sounds to me like her daughter had deceived her in the past and been caught and Janis was on guard for deceptive behaviour from Stacy.

The girls were supposed to stay at Brian Joys until he got upset because people left his party to go to another party and then returned to his house expecting to spend the night there. Then the girls were supposed to stay at Janelle's but too many family members came in from out of town for the girls to sleep there.

And during all of this... going to three different locations for parties somewhere along the line Stacy called her mother and said we are not going to go to Branson tonight I'm going to spend the night at Janelle.

I guess knowing what time Stacy called Janis to say that the plans changed and/or if Stacy actually had permission to go to Branson on graduation night or if Janis was under the impression the whole time that Stacy would be staying with Janelle and leaving for Branson the next day are things that should be known. Especially with a case that hasn't been solved for 28 + years and these teenagers are all adults now.

The gist of my post, is a scenario that somebody else here has already posted and I'm just mulling it around...plus I had two Wild Cherry Coca-Cola's with my pizza and I am severely sensitive to caffeine. So it's going to be a long night.

What if, some of these parents were struggling to understand where their children had actually been on graduation evening as their teenagers are desperately trying to align their stories and cover their butts

That situation might take some sitting down having coffee and a few serious conversations with other parents and some deceitful teenagers.

Could that possibly be one of the reasons the authorities were not called much much earlier and why there were so many people in and out of my mother's home. And why there is a mutual protection between these parents and those teenagers to this day?

And it also may have some influence on why Asher has attached himself to the McCall family in the manner he has.. Plus his continued attempts at diverting attention towards me and the mausoleum thief's ?

Very early on in the investigation one of the detectives with the SPD did an interview and in that interview he said "both girls had boyfriends."

The public has never heard about Stacy having any boyfriends, no name has ever been released about previous boyfriends or a 1992 boyfriend.

I will never buy that Stacy didn't have a romance in her life.

Why is there this deafening silence on this issue. Three women were abducted and and in all likelihood murdered no justice for 28+ years, and there's people out there who know the truth about who Stacy was intimate with and they may feel it's unimportant but they are wrong, to allow my mother and sister to be picked apart by law enforcement and the media, and they continue to sit on information that may actually help solve this case, that's disgusting.

Speaking of disgusting for a person to do a TV show and say they know what happened but they are too afraid to report their knowledge because the local police threatened them and then not to take the information to the state patrol or the FBI that is beyond disgusting.
And that person and the little attached group needs to stop calling the victims of this crime "our girls."

This is going to sound like I've gone totally off the deep end, and I'm well aware that would not surprise a few of you.

In December of 1991 there was a shooting at the Springfield Missouri abortion clinic and one of the detectives on that case was Asher.

It was reported just a few years ago that detectives in 1991/1992 had access to the names and files of the women who had used those services, the reason given that those detectives had that access was to investigate husbands and/ or lovers as possible suspects in the attack. (Not surprisingly to me, Asher also failed to solve that case, and after he interviewed a witness he wrote a police report trying to get a warrant to arrest a suspect. The warrant was never issued due to the fact that Asher lied and embellished things that had not happened and filed a false police report, the witness he interviewed publicly accused Asher of lying in that police report. (I believe the witness was a local coach.)

However the information that Asher was exposed to during that investigation of the abortion clinic shooting. Probably concerned more than a few church-going "christian" women that had visited that clinic.

Finally getting tired.

Thank you for this . To this day I don’t buy “ we’d just walk on in “ And if you did , how do you not back out and immediately call 911 ? With what you found .

Where tf did they go walking for FOUR Hours with no clothes ? Medication ? SHOES ??

I don’t know if any evidence was left behind , but we know the crime scene was in THEIR possession for many many hours to destroy with 18 people .

Seattle Police recently solved a cold case from 1967 in a PUBLIC elevator ffs using familia dna , Decades before dna was widely recognized , because of their excellent crime scene processing . It’s inexcusable to not have happened in 1992 .

investigators found no hair samples, DNA or fingerprintsfrom outsiders in the house.” KANSAS CITY STAR June 6, 2002.
Probably because it was "innocently" cleaned because that's what they did back then when trespassing on someone's property- they would clean so it would be clean for the owner when they got home. That logic never sat well with me.

Thanks @Nixaeagle ! Interesting. I was curious about this. Just to clear up my own ignorance, has it been Confirmed Stacy’s footprint was outride the house or is this rumor? I also just can’t grasp how so many people came in and didn’t notice something was wrong. I feel like Springfield law enforcement does not want this case to be solved. Perhaps I’m completely wrong in that, but I believe multiple people have a lot to lose. Especially after 28 years. I will never be able to understand how another human could harm not one, but three other humans and find a way to live with it. Someone, perhaps multiple, took so much from so many without thinking of the repercussions. There is no justice for Sherrill, Suzie, or Stacy. I hope there will be one day. I hope the truth comes out so all the ridiculous rumor can be put to rest and the families known what happened.

I’ve tried to get certain celebrities who are interested in true crime to look at this case but they never respond. My dream goal would be to raise enough signatures to get this crime put back in the spotlight with all the facts clear and the people who came by that Sunday re-examined. I want the Cox Hospital nonsense to be put to rest as well.

Does anyone happen to have a link to the original America's Most Wanted episode with the women that aired on June 14th?

I agree with you, @Bartt Streeter . I also refuse to believe Stacy didn’t have any romantic interest. I also think that you’re right about Asher. I have a special dislike for him.

As for the eighteen people, I’m not so sure everyone who came by that Sunday was there to help. Just speculation, but I believe some were there to see what people were thinking. I also think the time it took for Janelle to contact Janis is way too long and strange. @cherrymeg and I spoke about Janis as well. She certainly won’t step out of her comfort zone and treat Stacy like the 18 year old girl she was instead of a perfect person. Not saying anything bad of course, none of us are perfect. Both Asher and Janis hurt this case with ridiculous theories and lies about Sherrill and Suzie. I also agree with you on the fact that it is truly disgusting for someone to say she knows what happened but is too scared to speak out despite being on tv. I definitely believe this was an attention seeking act on her part.

I also can’t get over Janelle calling Suzie “that other girl.” Suzie was supposed to be Janelle’s friend. They’d just graduated and partied together. Why is she now “that other girl”? I do not trust the Kirby’s at all.

Also, Thank you, Bartt for clearing up questions I had about Brian Joy. It makes sense for him to be upset that everyone went somewhere else. I’m interested in the photos of the bed being different. It’s insane people didn’t think anything was off.

So much rumor and speculation about this case. I think all the people who came by the house needs to be looked into.
“That other girl” Psychologists call that distancing.

I think it might have been on America's Most Wanted twice.

The first time I don't believe it was the feature, the second time I think it was the feature especially as they were taking phone calls and I think some members of the SPD were actually on set. But I might be mistaken.

This link has a lot of the AMW videos.

YouTube

Here is a prime example of finding different information on the same subject matter.

How many years have people been discussing the AMW phone call coming from Florida and then you find something like this, that says it was from a store in Louisiana?

"Investigators managed to track a phone call from the show America’s Most Wanted to a store in Louisiana."

Source link.
A Quarter Century of Questions: Detectives Consumed by the 3 Missing Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members