Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she let her daughter move out and experimented with drugs. Both smoked in the house. She was out partying frequently. Had boyfriends (plural) who "liked to smack her around a bit" (Dave Asher - 48 Hours).

Not a typical upbringing.

I have never heard of her doing drugs.

Well she let her daughter move out and experimented with drugs. Both smoked in the house. She was out partying frequently. Had boyfriends (plural) who "liked to smack her around a bit" (Dave Asher - 48 Hours).

Not a typical upbringing.

Found it so you don’t think I am lying

She was about as close to Mother Teresa as you could get. Whoever
did this had to be someone who did not know her. No one had any
kind of vendetta against her," said Levitt's friend Janet Bussell
Oliveras, who worked with Levitt and boarded in her home for about
18 months, until January 1990."

"Oliveras said Levitt was a strict mother, 'If Suzie got a phone
call after 10 o'clock at night Sherrill didn't even allow her to
answer it. So I know she would never let her answer the door after
10, especially at 2 a.m.,' Oliveras said."

So this is somebody who lived with them for 18 months so she would of experienced the family environment.

So Suzie couldn’t take personal calls after 10pm BUT could move in with a abusive boyfriend and also date a dead beat who stole off the dead.

This is why I say what we have been told doesn’t add up.

I am not blaming Sherill or Suzie as Suzie was young but as a parent why would you let your daughter do these things?

I think there has to be more to their past than we have been told.

My opinion here, but Oliveras did not know Sherrill as well as she thinks she did. She's primarily going by information from when she was a roommate of Sherrill's in the past. I don't think those rules applied to 19 year old Suzie. Bartt did say he wasn't allowed to drink in the house when he lived with them briefly after the Navy.

I believe the perps had prime knowledge of the house. I believe the perps entered the house another time before 6/7/1992.

My opinion here, but Oliveras did not know Sherrill as well as she thinks she did. She's primarily going by information from when she was a roommate of Sherrill's in the past. I don't think those rules applied to 19 year old Suzie. Bartt did say he wasn't allowed to drink in the house when he lived with them briefly after the Navy.

I believe the perps had prime knowledge of the house. I believe the perps entered the house another time before 6/7/1992.

To be honest living with people for 18 months you would get to know them very well. It’s not like Sherill could pretend to be this perfect mum for 18 months.

There is nothing to indicate Sherill had a secret life. Suzie though had definitely pissed off a few people and was no saint. I still think this crime boils down to her.

SPD Capt. Tony Glenn said that they were "experimental" but not heavy drug users. I can buy that considering all of Suzie's friends and boyfriends smoked weed.

Sherrill may have been included in that statement but I am unsure. She did smoke in the house.

All the reporting on Suzie’s character was on assumptions in 48 hrs. They painted Stacy as the sweet girl next door and Suzie as troubled because of the one boyfriend that she reported for abuse and Dusty because of the GR. No proof, just all assumptions. Good for a story to sell.

Please keep Mrs. McCall in your prayers, she has battled this for 26 years and needs our support.

IF you are (truly) interested in solving this case (versus having to be 'right' and everyone else 'wrong') let's urge the Cold Justice Team to visit Springfield and solve this case, here's a place to start:

Cold Justice Tip Line

Greene County

You can also contact SPD through their CrimeStoppers internet site here:

P3 Tips

If you've never watched 'Cold Justice'.....Netflix and Oxygen are 2 avenues to access....I've also watched a few on You Tube.

All the reporting on Suzie’s character was on assumptions in 48 hrs. They painted Stacy as the sweet girl next door and Suzie as troubled because of the one boyfriend that she reported for abuse and Dusty because of the GR. No proof, just all assumptions. Good for a story to sell.
Can't disagree here. But I am not interested in character assassinations or media sensationalism one way or another. The reporting I look at is "just the facts" and I can sort the wheat and chaff for myself.

Suzie's use of drugs doesn't concern me. Where she got them. Who she partied with. Does.

Can't disagree here. But I am not interested in character assassinations or media sensationalism one way or another. The reporting I look at is "just the facts" and I can sort the wheat and chaff for myself.

Suzie's use of drugs doesn't concern me. Where she got them. Who she partied with. Does.

And the people that I know that actually knew her never saw her use drugs and when you quote where you found info you say 48 hrs.

I don’t know if Suzie was trouble but she certainly attracted trouble.

Going from a abusive relationship to a grave robber would indicate she had lousy taste in boyfriends.

She went from the frying pan into the fire.

Last edited:
Yes. Your own words. And Bartt’s.

Feel free to verify with Dusty.

I call BS.

I’m not saying he was never there. He very well could have been there. But I don’t remember ever saying he was definitely there multiple times.

I remember someone on another site claiming he helped Suzie deliver some paperwork or something and me saying that was possible. He would have helped her any way he could. But I don’t know if that was a fact or not.

Wasn’t he there along with a crowd of other people that were also there?

No mention of a crowd being there that day.

I don't understand this, you know," said John Recla, who stood
outside Streeter's home Tuesday watching police survey the house. "I
just hope the Springfield Police Department gets this thing solved
before someone is dead." June 10, 1992

That is still an assumption. He was standing outside with a crowd of others. That does not mean he knew who even lived there yet.

Are you honestly implying that he was standing outside that house and had no idea Suzie and Sherill lived there?

He knew exactly who lived there and intestingly he assumed they were in danger and likely close to dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members