Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, what chestnutexpressway said is correct. It was found abandoned in a camp ground in Indiana. It had been stolen from a local car lot, I think the same night the women went missing, if I recall correctly. I don't think that police were ever able to identify who had stolen and abandoned it. I do know that they didn't feel it was connected to the case. But who knows if it was or not. I've never been happy about the way they conducted their investigation. I personally feel that they should have focused on some of the people they were dealing with, much closer. I also think that police have probably talked to at least one person who was either involved, or knows much more about what happened that night, than they will ever say. JMO.
Couldn't agree with you more Scoob.

And.....only the porch light globe was broken...another odd occurrence. It has been suggested the globe was unscrewed and dropped vs 'hit'.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 4.06.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 4.06.25 PM.png
    374.1 KB · Views: 21
Also, the relationship b/t Garrison and the women...... I 'used to think' Garrison was involved.
Now? Too thin. Superficial at best. If G.G. murdered anyone.....IMO it would have been Garrison.

I just don't think they'd go after 3 women, now a threatening phone call and/or messages left on their car windows...but as far as I know, nothing like that ever happened to any of the women. Surely they would have contacted SPD since Suzie was scheduled to testify against Recla (and his cohorts).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 3.44.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-11 at 3.44.34 PM.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 21
Also, the relationship b/t Garrison and the women...... I 'used to think' Garrison was involved.
Now? Too thin. Superficial at best. If G.G. murdered anyone.....IMO it would have been Garrison.

I just don't think they'd go after 3 women, now a threatening phone call and/or messages left on their car windows...but as far as I know, nothing like that ever happened to any of the women. Surely they would have contacted SPD since Suzie was scheduled to testify against Recla (and his cohorts).
I would have to agree with you on this one. They would have either gone after Garrison, or the Grave Robbers. At least you'd think. Unless, it was known for a fact that one or more of the women knew something that just couldn't be told to the police. If that was the case, then they would have to go after them. But you'd think that they would have also gone after Garrison too. Personally, I don't think the GGMC had anything to do with this crime. And I also have doubts that Garrison even had any connection to any of them. When would he have had time. He spent more time in prison than he did out of prison. And the GGMC are a VERY tight group who don't warm up to strangers or outsiders at all. I think the notion that Garrison had GGMC connections is just the product of internet gossip, and not founded on any ounce of truth. Garrison didn't even have a motorcycle endorsement, nor did he own a Harley. The GGMC wouldn't have allowed him to be close enough to them to know their business, if he wasn't one of them. And he wasn't one of them. Just more internet rumor, gossip, and conjecture.

And.....only the porch light globe was broken...another odd occurrence. It has been suggested the globe was unscrewed and dropped vs 'hit'.

Good possibility Moosmemuch, but it's also possible that as the perp(s) were leaving the scene. The front door could have been slammed shut very hard, thus causing a vibration through the wall that caused the globe to fall from it's fixture. It seems that one of the women who came to the front door to investigate may have turned on the front porch light.

I need to get caught up on the more recent pages of the old thread, but I'm so glad to come here and see this subforum so active. In a mystery that has been unsolved for this long, it's important that new theories are presented, old ones explored.. I'm eager to get reading!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
My understanding was that he told police that he had heard the information from someone that he had spent time in jail with. However, police said that he told them information that they already knew, but had not released to the public. It was my understanding that he knew one or more of the Robb's. So, it could very well be possible that Garrison had first hand knowledge, or second hand knowledge. If I recall correctly, after consulting his attorney, Garrison quit cooperating with the police because his attorney advised him that he could also be charged if any evidence ended up being found at the property he led police to. That's what I recall reading in the news reports from back when the crime occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stacy’s aunt gave her a Gucci watch and maybe a ring for graduation. I’ve never put jewelry in my pockets.

Did they show pictures of what she might have been wearing? Jewelry wise. I'm hoping they looked at pawn shops.

For what it is worth I don’t see the relevance.

It was said from the outset that they had been investigated and ruled out.

This is not an impossible case. I have had many, many discussions with some the obvious suspects. They did not do this crime. But there is no lack of other suspects. Obviously there is a motive. Find that motive and the “real” suspects will quickly become evident.

<modsnip - not from allowed source>

Yes mam it is.
For what it is worth I don’t see the relevance.

It was said from the outset that they had been investigated and ruled out.

This is not an impossible case. I have had many, many discussions with some the obvious suspects. They did not do this crime. But there is no lack of other suspects. Obviously there is a motive. Find that motive and the “real” suspects will quickly become evident.

<modsnip - not from allowed source >.

Help catch your suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads