MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had an attorney following along here with us.

I agree. I have an alarm clock that is supposed to self-adjust at daylight savings time. It does, but IT IS 20 MINUTES AHEAD. I may have done that somehow, but I don't think so.
Yep. My thermostat gets about a minute later every month. I just reset it a few weeks ago, but right now, it reads "3:19," when the actual time is 3:18.

I wish someone on WS would do a ebook "juries for dummy's" not saying jurists are dumb but so many times the simple things are what throw a jury off.

Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only problem is timestamp they should be able to figure it out or ask to see testimony again.

Still hopeful

The thing is, the timestamp shouldn't even be an issue because the forensic expert proved scientifically that it was the Moorer's truck on the other surveillance camera from the business.

How do you all know the jury foreman is a friend of KT? My real question is, do other jury members know he is a friend? I doubt the jury would have voted this friend a jury foreman if they sensed conflict

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32259...tify-they-believed-heather-elvis-was-pregnant

Day 1

The panel is comprised of 10 men and four women. Judge Markley Dennis told the jurors not to research any details about the case as long as they were served on the jury. He then told them to break for lunch and be back at 3:30 p.m.

One of the jurors is a friend of Moorer's attorney, Kirk Truslow. While the state requested that he be dismissed, the judge said no, because the man said his relationship would not compromise his decisions.

This is so sad.

I feel like HE needs to be found for justice to be served.

I was confident in a guilty verdict yesterday. Not looking like it today.

Give us a sign of where you are, moonchild!!

The thing is, the timestamp shouldn't even be an issue because the forensic expert proved scientifically that it was the Moorer's truck on the other surveillance camera from the business.

I pray the black blob doesn't rise again. :facepalm:

What happens with the gag order violation earlier in the week? Will that get readdressed or no?

That's another thing that kind of makes me think it is the one juror causing this problem. He may have found and picked a simple thing like this and is holding his ground on it as his basis to not agree with others. I may be totally wrong but had bad feelings about him and how confident SM has been through this. Shaking hands with judge and things.

I was surprised that the jury was selected so quickly and the courtroom isn't full. The trial only lasted a week. To me, it would be a waste of years of resources not to try it again. And the state may learn where they need to beef it up from the questions asked, and the judges remarks to prosecutors, before they go at it again.

Hope it doesn't come to that!

Justice for Heather

What happens with the gag order violation earlier in the week? Will that get readdressed or no?

Judge said he would deal with it after trial is over.
A slap on the wrist probably, and with nothing being done on previous and ongoing violations, they will get away with it. JMO

Maybe I should say
"Trials for Dummies" not Jurist. Lots to cover in a trial

That's another thing that kind of makes me think it is the one juror causing this problem. He may have found and picked a simple thing like this and is holding his ground on it as his basis to not agree with others. I may be totally wrong but had bad feelings about him and how confident SM has been through this. Shaking hands with judge and things.
Thanks for the other perspective, it really opened my eyes. An educated person like that could definitely see the loophole.

Ugh. This waiting and not knowing anything. I can't even imagine how it is for those there. Going to take a moment of silence at 3:45 pm, est. to just put out some good energy towards this. (In 15 minutes) if anyone would like to join in from where you are.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ugh, deadlocked?? Are they still deliberating?? I cannot believe with all that evidence and SM just sat there all week, no witnesses, no alibi, no evidence he was even home or at work!!

#justiceforheather

Seriously, as high profile as this case is, and with all the drama/emotions that have been involved, why was that juror allowed? I would think that you would want to make extremely sure that nothing could be brought into question.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member