MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just knowing that "one particular juror" even exists makes me beyond sick :cow:

My heart goes out to the Elvis Family! The wait is pure torture for us, and has to be beyond the pale for them! I envision every image I've ever seen on Heather, and :tears: come to my eyes, and my heart drops to the floor...

I wish them the strength and grace they surely need right now. I just can't imagine....

#JusticeForHeather
:please:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know most think it is, but I don't think the holdout is KT's friend. Is he an attorney as well? (I missed voir dire.) People in the legal field can be inpartial. I also think the time difference concerns would not come from a very educated person as they understand that companies use the time zone of where they're based out of for their records.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I hope you're right, Delta Dawn....!

Prosecution should have done more to prove that the time was off IMO. They could have used the time of sunrise from a few hours later as a metric to prove the actual time of the video.

I agree. I have an alarm clock that is supposed to self-adjust at daylight savings time. It does, but IT IS 20 MINUTES AHEAD. I may have done that somehow, but I don't think so.

I've been following this case since the very beginning as well. I don't know the Elvis family nor did I have the pleasure of knowing Heather. But I constantly think about Heather and her family.

O/T I was in South Carolina about a year ago to meet family in MB for a long weekend. During my long weekend with family that was supposed to be a time of reconnect and fun - all I could think of was Heather and where was she? I drove around alone quite a bit around the points of interest ....and I was so upset that Heather had not been found and still hasn't. :(

I knew I was emotionally invested in Heather's case...but I didn't know how much until I heard...the jury was deadlocked. Feeling sick is an understatement for me. It always makes me sick when I see evil go unpunished; walking around free...vacationing as if....what they did was ok. Makes me sick.

Prayers for the Elvis family and all of her friends.

Was the time zone issue mentioned for the reason for the deadlock ? Or was the time zone issue note given to the Judge the same time as the deadlock note ?

I was confused about this too; not about the time being off but how the expert knew what it actually was. But, at some point, I think folks just need to understand that an expert is an expert is a reason. They know things we don't, and you have to decide whether or not to trust that expert even if you don't understand EXACTLY what they said (because you're not the expert).

I think what may have been the issue is that her time was off by an hour and 5-8 minutes from the business camera. But the expert explained that he was able to determine that by looking at different time frames on different dates (not just during the time SM was seen on camera) on both cameras, and the footage showed the exact same difference in each time frame---so he was able to determine that her clock was an hour and however minutes behind the other.

Kinda like if I forgot to change my kitchen clock for DST when it was already off by a few minutes. It wouldn't matter when I looked at the clock because it would always be the exact same hour and however minutes off from my alarm clock. Like it wouldn't be off one hour and 17 minutes one day and then one hour and 5 minutes the next.

I think that's what someone may be having a problem understanding.

Jurors should realize that any recording device or electronic device with a clock always has a chance of having the time off. I have about 7 clocks on different devices in my place and practically all of them don't match each other for one reason or another. :)

Because it wasn't an exact hour. It was like an hour and 8 or 9 minutes.

Yes, thank you. I believe that was it. I think it was I was trying to process the 8 or 9 minutes, but didn't understand his reasoning. I would have to see it again. I thought the witness was credible, so I wasn't too concerned.

Hopefully, the jury heard the judge when he said in a round-about way, 'If you cannot deliberate, we'll find another jury that can."

Maybe that will put some pressure on them to come to a verdict even if it is not legally allowed by the court?

Oy, I heard that!! Tell em judge.

I agreed with judge, haha. I cannot believe it.

It's 3:05 on a Friday. Maybe thats the charge the jury needs. The beers are awaiting

If only problem is timestamp they should be able to figure it out or ask to see testimony again.

Still hopeful

I think what may have been the issue is that her time was off by an hour and 5-8 minutes from the business camera. But the expert explained that he was able to determine that by looking at different time frames on different dates (not just during the time SM was seen on camera) on both cameras, and the footage showed the exact same difference in each time frame---so he was able to determine that her clock was an hour and however minutes behind the other.

Kinda like if I forgot to change my kitchen clock for DST when it was already off by a few minutes. It wouldn't matter when I looked at the clock because it would always be the exact same hour and however minutes off from my alarm clock. Like it wouldn't be off one hour and 17 minutes one day and then one hour and 5 minutes the next.

I think that's what someone may be having a problem understanding.

OK, gotcha. You explained it better than he did :).

Was the time zone issue mentioned for the reason for the deadlock ? Or was the time zone issue note given to the Judge the same time as the deadlock note ?
The first note came right around or before lunch which is why the judge said they were coming in now instead of earlier. The note about the time zone came just as they were coming in, which I took as an addendum to the note before. The judge seemed irritated about it, like he wished they had just mentioned that first instead of already declaring a deadlock.

It sounded to me like the hung 6 was alerted prior to lunch, judge waited and then 7 was sent (time)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Delta Dawn
I know most think it is, but I don't think the holdout is KT's friend. Is he an attorney as well? (I missed voir dire.) People in the legal field can be inpartial. I also think the time difference concerns would not come from a very educated person as they understand that companies use the time zone of where they're based out of for their records.

BBM:

Key word -- Educated

So, if they attempt to send another note in an hour saying they're deadlocked - does the judge have to declare a mistrial at that moment? I hate to seem pessimistic but it's a Friday afternoon and I would wager they're eager to get home to their families...don't they have to give it some time, at least a couple hours?

Earlier this morning I predicted a hung jury. I would much rather have a hung jury than a not guilty verdict. Maybe if re-tried, there will be much more evidence, maybe even a murder charge to go along with it. :waiting:

Good point DeltaDawn and Good point Zoo.

Zoo is right that the state could have took another video of the sunrise and then even have a simultaneous picture going of another atomic clock alongside the cameras clock to prove how far it is currently off. It could have helped prove how far off the time was on the camera.

Good thinking.

Would a deadlock note mention how many are voting guilty or not guilty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz