MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, deadlocked?? Are they still deliberating?? I cannot believe with all that evidence and SM just sat there all week, no witnesses, no alibi, no evidence he was even home or at work!!

#justiceforheather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or gallivanting around town having sex with his wife! Which was it, SM? We've heard so many conflicting stories!

Ugh, deadlocked?? Are they still deliberating?? I cannot believe with all that evidence and SM just sat there all week, no witnesses, no alibi, no evidence he was even home or at work!!

#justiceforheather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plus, had no idea that pay phones were still around...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Going to take a moment of silence at 3:45 pm, est. to just put out some good energy towards this. (In 15 minutes) if anyone would like to join in from where you are.
Count me in, DD. :grouphug:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32259...tify-they-believed-heather-elvis-was-pregnant

Day 1

The panel is comprised of 10 men and four women. Judge Markley Dennis told the jurors not to research any details about the case as long as they were served on the jury. He then told them to break for lunch and be back at 3:30 p.m.

One of the jurors is a friend of Moorer's attorney, Kirk Truslow. While the state requested that he be dismissed, the judge said no, because the man said his relationship would not compromise his decisions.

This is something I have been mildly curious about. I read in the media a friend of KT is on the jury, but I have a couple of questions.

Is it documented in the media if KT's friend is the foreman?
Is the friend of KT an attorney also?

I've read here and on facebook he is the foreman and he is an attorney, but did not see in the media that is the case. Can anyone point me to a news outlet that says so?

That's another thing that kind of makes me think it is the one juror causing this problem. He may have found and picked a simple thing like this and is holding his ground on it as his basis to not agree with others. I may be totally wrong but had bad feelings about him and how confident SM has been through this. Shaking hands with judge and things.
as being a statistical kind of person, I sort of doubt the odds support this 1 KT friend juror being a rogue lone holdout. Hope not anyway

This is something I have been mildly curious about. I read in the media a friend of KT is on the jury, but I have a couple of questions.

Is it documented in the media if KT's friend is the foreman?
Is the friend of KT an attorney also?

I've read here and on facebook he is the foreman and he is an attorney, but did not see in the media that is the case. Can anyone point me to a news outlet that says so?

I think the only thing we know for sure is that he's a friend. Being the foreman and an attorney is all rumor, IMO.

as being a statistical kind of person, I sort of doubt the odds support this 1 KT friend juror being a rogue lone holdout. Hope not anyway

Your probably right. Sorry to dwell on it. Its been bugging me too much. LOL :)

BTW I finally got my laptop working good and my thanks button is back. :)

Seriously, as high profile as this case is, and with all the drama/emotions that have been involved, why was that juror allowed? I would think that you would want to make extremely sure that nothing could be brought into question.

I wish Nancy Grace had addressed this issue. Nothing on her show about this trial at all, period.

attachment.php
Seriously, as high profile as this case is, and with all the drama/emotions that have been involved, why was that juror allowed? I would think that you would want to make extremely sure that nothing could be brought into question.

Attachments

• Bravo.gif
    Bravo.gif
    984.3 KB · Views: 281
:moo:

:moo: if he is convicted of this charge he cannot be charged for murder later on.

Some folks disagree here on that concept..

I think it would be double jeopardy after kidnapping...as same event...and perhaps we can get AZ lawyer to come in and answer it !!!

I do think if her body is found in another state the Dual sovereignty Doctrine would apply and they could prosecute for murder after verdict if that happened.

Is anyone good friends with Az that we could ask her to come and answer :boggrin: I wish we had a legal thread for this case to do shout outs.

It's two different charges. I don't see how that could be double jeopardy.

I'm not an attorney. But I thought if found not guilty, he couldn't be charged with kidnapping again, but that he could later be charged with murder, whether or not he is found guilty now.
Maybe some attorney will straighten us out.

But weren't the murder charges dropped without prejudice? IME that means that they can be refiled and for murder there is no statute of limitations. Even though it's one big criminal event the charges are all handled separately (although not always in separate trials). I'm from FL and not SC but I thought these things were fairly universal in this country. All IMO and IME.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

No matter how the jury finds for this trial, murder charges can still come back. It isn't double jeopardy. He's not being tried for murder here.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I only tagged the posts on the one page ATL linked to, so there may have been more discussion on this thread since then, but the answer is that it's more complicated than any of the answers given above. If the defendant is acquitted of kidnapping and then later charged with murder, my assumption would be that there is no double jeopardy unless it is not possible to prove murder without introducing evidence of the alleged kidnapping. Which might be the case--I don't know the facts.

Picture of KT &amp; SM kicking it while waiting for the verdict...hmmm<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article85799047.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article85799047.html</a>

I see TM left the photoshop at home. jmo

This is unbelievable!

The one hour difference is so reasonable and explainable by daylight savings time. The extra few minutes should not be of concern. What home has every clock and watch show the exact same time? Unless they are connected to the world system-I don't remember the name of it - that automatically changes your time, each item has its own system and may be a few minutes off. Another thing is when a person is manually changing the clock for DST, the clock they are going by may be off. So many possibilities for the few minutes.

A deadlocked jury over such a point that can easily be explained and the owner did acknowledge not changing the clock.Is this person nit-picking and went into this trial knowing s/he would be a holdout? Eleven people voting together and one person voting the opposite way does raise a question. My belief is the eleven voted guilty.

My opinions only.

I am going to speculate that if the foreman knows KT its probable the judge knows the foreman, or at least knows his background. Maybe the judge thought this jury could use an educated Moses to lead this jury through the Promised Land or I guess I should say the wilderness

This is unbelievable!

The one hour difference is so reasonable and explainable by daylight savings time. The extra few minutes should not be of concern. What home has every clock and watch show the exact same time? Unless they are connected to the world system-I don't remember the name of it - that automatically changes your time, each item has its own system and may be a few minutes off. Another thing is when a person is manually changing the clock for DST, the clock they are going by may be off. So many possibilities for the few minutes.

A deadlocked jury over such a point that can easily be explained and the owner did acknowledge not changing the clock.Is this person nit-picking and went into this trial knowing s/he would be a holdout? Eleven people voting together and one person voting the opposite way does raise a question. My belief is the eleven voted guilty.

My opinions only.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the question was related to the video/time stamp. I think it was related to phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member