MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm back to being distracted by stupid life and stuff. Is the jury excused until tomorrow? Or do I need to keep checking in tonight? TIA.

Excused until 9AM. Resume your life, SS ;)

image.jpeg

Hope there is something here for everybody while we wait....

Tomorrow is my 3rd wedding anniversary and I'm hoping that brings good news. I'm hoping for a guilty verdict and finally some justice for Heather, her family, and her friends. This case brought me to websleuths and although I took a much needed break, I've always had this case on my mind. Happy to see some familiar faces and new ones who are all here to see justice for Heather!

Catching up reading the other threads - but had to comment on this one from the last thread - 6/22/16:

Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post

Someone upthread suggested Heather may not have known she was calling a pay phone.

She might've thought she was calling SM's new cell number, and then called his old one again when he didn't answer.

Seems like a reasonable possibility, IMO.

ETA: Er, no, wait. What would show up her screen when he called from the pay phone? Pay phone? The name of the store? Anything at all?

RRF14 said:
Probably private or restricted?

Okay - I'm one of those very few people who don't own a cell phone - :eek: I know! LOL! Anyway - I used to use the pay phone outside our local market to call my husband to see if he needed anything that wasn't on the list. He always knew it was me - as our phone at home (caller ID) would have the grocery store name on it. Don't know if it actually says - pay phone - but he knew I was by the store. Hope that helps!

Also, I too did not follow this case from the beginning - only what you all posted here during this trial - a BIG THANK YOU ALL for that! And I would say Guilty!

Okay - finally caught with you all - see you tomorrow! For a verdict of Guilty!

:seeya:

As often happens, people have made many friendships, become familiar with other posters, and some have now gotten addicted to Websleuths and following trials.

Sooo. While we are waiting ( and a cross promotional advertisement for WS lol...)

... what trials are you folks following next?

For myself...I was looking at which of the cases I have followed whose trial is next.

I see Erin Corwin ( she was an alleged mistress who was thrown down a mineshaft) and Cooper Harris trials ( infant in Atlanta that was left in car at Home Depot), which BOTH I have followed for years, both start on September 12th!

:pullhair: !!!!!

ETA: Erin Corwin was also a young lady suspected to be pregnant when she was killed.. and just like this case told her girlfriend that she was excited she thought the guy was going to ask her to leave his wife / marry her that day when she went off on a day trip)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11648765

As often happens, people have made many friendships, become familiar with other posters, and some have now gotten addicted to Websleuths and following trials.

Sooo. While we are waiting ( and a cross promotional advertisement for WS lol...

For myself...I was looking at which of the cases I have follosed whose trial is next.

I see Erin Corwin ( she was an alleged mistress who was thrown down a mineshaft) and Cooper Harris trials ( infant in Atlanta that was left in car at Home Depot), which BOTH I have followed for years, both start on September 12th!

I agree! This case brought me back to WS (I was a member long ago in the hunt for Tara Grinstead) and I really have enjoyed spending the last 2 1/2 years with you all. I'm currently watching the Teresa Sievers case, been there since day 1 as well and have a superb group of sleuths over there. Arrests have been made, waiting for trials now. I'm waiting for an arrest in the Missy Bevers case also. So many unanswered questions and no arrest yet in that one. CarolinaGirl and myself seem to end up on the same threads and you all are welcome to join us! I can't handle cases with small children so I'm not following the Harris trial but I will definitely be watching for the verdict when it happens. As a GA native growing up, that one is of interest to a lot of my family & friends not on WS.

snip for space

In my 39 years of working in the criminal justice system, I have never sen a judge do this. Totally inappropriate and unprofessional! And unethical!!

Never seen a judge do this ever. SMH

Sooo. While we are waiting ( and a cross promotional advertisement for WS lol...

For myself...I was looking at which of the cases I have follosed whose trial is next.

Sierra LaMar!! Trial starts August 1st after many delays, plus, the Cooper Harris trial too.

Hemy Neuman retrial
Mark Sievers. FL murder for hire of his wife Teresa, prominent Florida doctor (a ways off)
Chase Merritt CL murder of the entire McStay family (a ways off)

Poor Erin, another young girl who was said to be pregnant. The man accused of her murder is also married and didn't want to "deal" with the outcome of an affair.

It astounds me that murder is so often the motive/answer for these men!

I'll be doing Erin and waiting oh so NOT patiently for Sievers

Enjoyed the discussion today. See yawl tomorrow for Verdict Watch.
:loveyou:

Tomorrow is my 3rd wedding anniversary and I'm hoping that brings good news. I'm hoping for a guilty verdict and finally some justice for Heather, her family, and her friends. This case brought me to websleuths and although I took a much needed break, I've always had this case on my mind. Happy to see some familiar faces and new ones who are all here to see justice for Heather!

Congratulations to you and your partner for tomorrow I hope you have many more happy anniversarys to come.

As it happened in my county, I'll be watching Cooper Harris. I would like to be watching a Moorer MURDER trial in the future, too.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Poor Erin, another young girl who was said to be pregnant. The man accused of her murder is also married and didn't want to "deal" with the outcome of an affair.

It astounds me that murder is so often the motive/answer for these men!

Yeah, what ever happened to taking responsibility for your choices/actions? Nah, I'll just kill the problem away.

There are so many cases where I'm waiting for a trial. Some I am current on, some have lapsed and I need to catch up.

Mark Sievers and company (2 trials, possibly)
Hemy Neuman retrial
Mark Jensen retrial
Cooper Harris
Osceola trial (step-mom)
Holly Bobo (I've got to get caught up to see what's going on now.)

And all the others I've followed and can't remember right now!

As it happened in my county, I'll be watching Cooper Harris. I would like to be watching a Moorer MURDER trial in the future, too.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Your post brings up a question I have. I'm late to this case, and I'm wondering.... Why just a KIDNAPPING charge? Why not a murder charge? I mean, duh.... he disappeared her and she's gone, so, he killed her, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717