MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the most telling thing from the defense's closing statements was that SM was working that evening, YET they had not previously called anyone to confirm that. Why not? It would be so easy!
I noticed the DT kind of twisted the evidence and facts in the case too. I could barely stand to listen to him and eventually just gave up.

I don't find it odd at all that a jury would want to take a break to sleep on it to make sure their heads are clear. They were there alllllll daaaayyyy loooonnnggg. This did not happen at 11AM. They're tired. They want to be their best selves when they decide this case.

I'm glad I'm not on this jury. The things that lock it in for me of his guilt are that he lied, telling her he was going to leave his wife...and...who the heck buys a pregnancy test at 1:00 a.m.?????

especially when he is supposed to be working?!! smh

Does anyone think that TM learned anything new that perhaps SM hadn't told her?

I have not followed any cases in quite some time but have been making sure to catch up on this every evening after work. Personally, I have enjoyed this solicitor and feel she has done her best with the evidence provided. My heart goes out to Heathers family.

Just a few of my favorite photos of Heather... as we wait on a verdict & we hope and pray and we cross all our fingers for justice. :please:

IMG_7499.jpg

IMG_7500.jpg

IMG_7501.jpg

IMG_7503.jpg

IMG_7504.jpg

Okay time for a reality check.

Seriously.

Panic because the jury didn't return in 2 hours?

Is this the first trial for a lot of y'all?

In the many trials I've followed over the last 15 years, the average time for a jury to reach a verdict is about 10 to 12 hours. Some longer, some much longer, some shorter.

Instead of all the negativity, how about putting out some positive thoughts to the universe for justice.

Ok Mom! :chillout:

I missed you all today! Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow too..then off again for 4 days - the life a nurse who does shift work... Anyway I was able to read most of your comments tonight when I got home and I look forward to watching the trial this weekend when I have more time.

I'm exhausted, but wanted to say this. Jennifer ramsaran was murdered by her lying cheating husband and he put on zero witnesses as well. He was found guilty. Many of us followed it here.

Oh and one other thing that I did catch from all your comments today....let just hope the jury sees what we all saw and heard- SM voice on that dash cam recording saying he was home SLEEPING and his lawyers claim he was WORKING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe that they can ever be tried and convicted for murder in the state of South Carolina after they have gone to trial and found innocent or guilty due to double jeopardy.

If her body is later found in another state the Dual sovereignty Doctrine could apply and they could be prosecuted then.

:moo:

The murder charges against SM & TM were dismissed without prejudice. So, as of right now... SM has only been charged with 1 count of kidnapping and 1 count of obstruction (the judge has ruled in favor of the defense and granted his request for the two charges to be tried separately). TM has also been charged with 1 count of kidnapping and 1 count of obstruction, and her trial has been deferred until an undetermined date after this trial has concluded.

They can still be tried for murder should the state have enough evidence to prosecute them at a later date down the road.

I missed you all today! Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow too..then off again for 4 days - the life a nurse who does shift work... Anyway I was able to read most of your comments tonight when I got home and I look forward to watching the trial this weekend when I have more time.

I'm exhausted, but wanted to say this. Jennifer ramsaran was murdered by her lying cheating husband and he put on zero witnesses as well. He was found guilty. Many of us followed it here.

Oh and one other thing that I did catch from all your comments today....let just hope the jury sees what we all saw and heard- SM voice on that dash cam recording saying he was home SLEEPING and his lawyers claim he was WORKING.

Hey friend! Missed you today but duty calls. Nice catch on the sleeping alibi VS working alibi!! Hopefully those notepads were put to use and when the jury finishes deliberations tomorrow, they discuss any inconsistencies that were definitely there.

IMO

Do we know (or think) TM will go to trial? Why or why not? I know we touched on this briefly but I don't know the laws on when 2 people are charged with the same crime & tried separately. The Sievers case has multiple trials but they aren't husband and wife.

SM buys a pregnancy test in the middle of the night. Heather must have been on his mind, not his wife, because he then calls Heather immediately after the purchase. He says he's going to leave his wife and wants to be with Heather to lure her into meeting him. The prosecution had evidence to support what was presented and showed the luring as part of motive, an evil plan, to disappear Heather.

It really was presented as plain and clear as that. I can't even remember anything the defense presented or backed up with any evidence.

MOO, I was totally convinced by the State's case. They backed up everything they presented leaving no doubts. Wonder if there's a juror that could see it any other way because I honestly can't see it any other way or be swayed now.

Hey friend! Missed you today but duty calls. Nice catch on the sleeping alibi VS working alibi!! Hopefully those notepads were put to use and when the jury finishes deliberations tomorrow, they discuss any inconsistencies that were definitely there.

IMO

Someone here pointed it out- wish I could give credit! I am super busy at work and while my hours are 7-7 it's usually more like 9pm before I leave. I managed to get a few looks at what you all were posting a few times during the day- but I didn't have time to respond then to any of it. Wish I could call in sick tomorrow LOL

and the jury deliberated for 2 hours and called it a night. weird.

Who is the holdout, I'm sure that most of the jury felt he is guilty, the poll in the beginning of the thread is leans towards guilty.

What happened during this trial that the jury would think not guilty?

This is insane. Maybe the jury is fooling with us. :thinking: :tantrum: :panic:

:gasp:
I think they probably decided on a foreman and filled out that form and talked a little and took their first pole to see where everyone stood. I think it was a long day for them and they want a fresh start tomorrow.

Not sure if this has already been asked, but does anyone know a way to retrieve a video that was uploaded to FB by the M's that was later deleted? Specifically looking for the tape of the intruder incident that happened during the California trip. It used to be on their FB wall but was later deleted.

I have a question. I may not be in the right thread to ask, please direct me to the appropriate thread if so.

The murder charges have been dropped. Until Heather is found, it will NOT be known if she was still pregnant. It sounds to me as if she was, she would have been between 3-5 months? Then if she is found, they can be tried(hopefully) for her and the baby's death? I just don't understand how TM KNEW that SM contacted her that night, was there a rumor at work about the baby and she just went postal? Did TM finally get wind of a baby? Why that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member