MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 2m2 minutes ago

Video: Police ask #SidneyMoorer about other boyfriends #HeatherElvis had. #MoorerTrial

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 3m3 minutes ago

Video: Police ask #SidneyMoorer if he was at or near Peachtree Landing. Sidney says no.

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 4m4 minutes ago

Police Video: Sidney says "I cried, she cried. She smacked me a few times." He explains him and his wife, Tammy, worked things out.

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 5m5 minutes ago

Voices are raising on the police video. #MoorerTrial #HeatherElvis

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 9m9 minutes ago

Video: police are talking with #SidneyMoorer about #HeatherElvis. Sidney: "She called me."

https://twitter.com/ErinWPDE

This audio sucks and I can't understand what they're saying. Maybe it's the accents or my bad hearing - is the gist of it his denial of calling heather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The audio is bad, but, he is caught in his first lie, right? He doesn't mention he called her from the pay phone, just that HE called
him a bunch of times on his cell.

I fear for a generation of people who are hooked on TV shows in which the case is always solved in 42 min, there is always forensic evidence linking perp to victim, and there's usually a "gotcha" DNA moment. They think all cases should be this way and if they aren't then there's "reasonable doubt." These are often the same people who opine that guilt must be established "beyond a shadow of a doubt."

Off topic: I'm from Chicago and the one funny/cool part of watching the live feed is the accents. I adore it! ❤️

People move here from everywhere, then they either don't like or want to change everything we do to the way they did it 'back home'. We are proudly southern , country, and full of ourselves. AND just because we speak with an accent, we're really not a bunch of dumb @zzes.
I always feel like, if you like it, welcome aboard and if you don't, get back on I-95 N.
They always say, they will never say "y'all", till you catch them saying it and bring it to their attention.
This is one of the best parts of the country. The weather is good, the taxes are low, and we get a heck of a lot more house for the money.
Sorry for the big off topic.

It's a shame they don't have a set up for the jury to watch this while they are deliberating. I'm sure there are places where they would want to go back, rewind and discuss what each heard. As it is they are at the mercy of the judge and only get this one chance to remember everything they may have questions about.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago
#MoorerTrial - Sidney tells officer #HeatherElvis called him, not the other way around. Says he told her, look I have a family...

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
#MoorerTrial - Sidney: I hadn't talked to her since the end of October.

#MoorerTrial - Sidney describing when Tammy found out: I cried , she cried, she smacked me a few times.

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 3m3 minutes ago
Video: Police ask #SidneyMoorer about other boyfriends #HeatherElvis had. #MoorerTrial

#MoorerTrial - Officer asks Sidney where he was Wednesday night. "You weren't out a Peachtree Landing?" NO

#MoorerTrial - Sidney: All I know is she's dated weridos....

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 42s42 seconds ago
We're in recess while the jury deliberates. #MoorerTrial

Random question - who is the blonde woman sitting near the camera? She looks like she's reading a book the whole time.

I heard Sydney saying that HE was dating a "Beard" guy from Tk and that he was a delivery guy.
Sounds like their is some one that is believing the defense team. Ugh.

My guess is either there is disagreement about that video - or one (or more) of the jurors had notes about that video and they wanted to see it again to clarify.....

The audio is bad, but, he is caught in his first lie, right? He doesn't mention he called her from the pay phone, just that HE called
him a bunch of times on his cell.

With headphones , I clearly heard Sidney say HE called him, he worked till 2, he and Tammy were home in bed, did not go anywhere near PTL

ALL LIES ! Evidence shows he was at Walmart before 2, and Sidney called Heather before 2 , they talked for 4 minutes twice ! And their truck was on the road to PTL

JMO
You can hear SM on one of the videos being interrogated by LE and I think he is trying to throw the person that went on a date under the bus. He says something like "all I know is she dated one of the beer guys".
Something like that

My guess is either there is disagreement about that video - or one (or more) of the jurors had notes about that video and they wanted to see it again to clarify.....

With it being so difficult to understand, I'd want to watch it a few times.

I googled TM and chose images, in images there was a picture of something TM (I guess it was her FB) wrote regarding the Landing.

She places SM at the Landing that night. I saved the image (don't think I can post it here) will be happy to pm to anyone who wants to see it. Or you can google.

The testimony about Longbeards was very interesting. I am just guessing that SM and HE had used that area to meet up before on other occasions and she knew where to go. Below are maps that show Longbeards and it is more remote than it looks. There are swamps nearby and wooded areas.

Including a map view of the satellite view that shows the remoteness. Water and woods everywhere.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...ffd9dfb78f9f68!8m2!3d33.7531363!4d-78.8619234

https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...ffd9dfb78f9f68!8m2!3d33.7531363!4d-78.8619234
Heather's cell had never pinged at PTL before Dec 18th though?

I was thinking it was more than likely where S & T would go when they first met and wanted somewhere quiet away from mum and dad. Remember, sidney said the Caison Clan had been in that county for over 100 years. That family will know every single nook and crannie around there.

Whew, that's a good video to rewatch! Reminded me of what a liar he is, hope his kids heard it too. Why in the world would he thwart the efforts of the police investigation if he had nothing to hide?

I asked my brother (who is a licensed SC attorney and used to work under the AG in Columbia) about the murder/ kidnapping double jeopardy issue when the murder charges were dismissed without prejudice. I asked if they could be tried for murder if her body is found later.

This was his response to me via FB messenger:

Yeah. It sounds like the prosecutor dropped the charges because he wasn't confident he had a winning case at this point. Double jeopardy doesn't apply because there hasn't been a murder trial yet. They can be charged again.

As usual ...I am a hundred percent sure ...and I am said to be 100% wrong.

Thanks for taking my question seriously and answering ..Thanks everyone for their input

I will now eat crow for lunch!

Maybe they wanted to hear him say again "She only dates weirdos".... If he was talking about HE - then HE must be a "weirdo".... if he was talking about TM....for goodness sake she MARRIED him - so he must be the weirdo of all weirdos!

I heard Sydney saying that HE was dating a "Beard" guy from Tk and that he was a delivery guy.
Sounds like their is some one that is believing the defense team. Ugh.
I thought he said "beer guy" from TK. your version makes more sense. t/y

JMO
You can hear SM on one of the videos being interrogated by LE and I think he is trying to throw the person that went on a date under the bus. He says something like "all I know is she dated one of the beer guys".
Something like that

I heard that too but I thought he said Beard. One of the Beard guys from TK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave