MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my brother (who is a licensed SC attorney and used to work under the AG in Columbia) about the murder/ kidnapping double jeopardy issue when the murder charges were dismissed without prejudice. I asked if they could be tried for murder if her body is found later.

This was his response to me via FB messenger:

Yeah. It sounds like the prosecutor dropped the charges because he wasn't confident he had a winning case at this point. Double jeopardy doesn't apply because there hasn't been a murder trial yet. They can be charged again.

I am sure most won't be happy with my opinion...but...I do believe SM met up w HE that night. I believe SM knows where the body was disposed. But, I think if I were a juror, presented with just the facts presented in trial with no social media knowledge, and if I go by the judges directives, I am not sure I could vote guilty. Again, I believe SM is guilty, but maybe, just maybe, enough doubt points toward TM to give me pause. But I am close enough to being swayed to guilty :)

What if TM had someone else abduct H.E and her and SM just pointed her out to the person.

Did they call anyone else that night?

But he still lured her and she ended up kidnapped, so he's culpable under the law.

Courtroom filling back up.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hiya Madeleine! If I recall correctly, you've made some accurate assumptions over the years here at WS - whatcha thinking for this jury? Personally their questions have me a little worried that they want direct, video evidence instead of following the rational thought that Sidney was in, and remained in, his truck. Jmo

I never assume or pretend to know what any jury will do, because if there's one thing I don't know...it's what any particular jury will decide.

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 3m3 minutes ago
Jury has another question. #MoorerTrial

What if TM had someone else abduct H.E and her and SM just pointed her out to the person.

Did they call anyone else that night?

Just by making that 1 pay phone call, SM already committed kidnapping in that he "lured" the victim out. If they had nothing else they'd still have SM on that!

I asked my brother (who is a licensed SC attorney and used to work under the AG in Columbia) about the murder/ kidnapping double jeopardy issue when the murder charges were dismissed without prejudice. I asked if they could be tried for murder if her body is found later.

This was his response to me via FB messenger:

Yeah. It sounds like the prosecutor dropped the charges because he wasn't confident he had a winning case at this point. Double jeopardy doesn't apply because there hasn't been a murder trial yet. They can be charged again.

I think that is key BBM....winning case at this point, that is why I think SM will walk because from outside appearance, it does seem like they are reaching and did not present a case I feel will result in a bard conviction.....hope I am wrong.

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 45s45 seconds ago
The state is setting up video from when police visited #SidneyMoorer's home on December 20, 2013 just after 2 AM

if all the key people in the area in this case write an honest tell all story revealing many facts whose book would you purchase first?

Atleast this jury is looking at more evidence than the jury for Casey Anthony

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 2m2 minutes ago

The state is setting up video from when police visited #SidneyMoorer's home on December 20, 2013 just after 2 AM. #MoorerTrial #HeatherElvis

https://twitter.com/ErinWPDE

that is why I think SM will walk because from outside appearance, it does seem like they are reaching and did not present a case I feel will result in a bard conviction.....hope I am wrong.

Reaching?

They have SM on video, on the pay phone, out and about that night. They had a direct witness to what Heather was told by SM! The state is correct -- it doesn't get much better than that in terms of evidence because it's not about interpretation. That was SM buying the preg test, that was SM calling heather at 1:35am. SM removed the data from his own black truck, they threw out the DVR/security system they had, 2 days after abducting Heather and purchased a brand new one.

Reaching?

For goodness sakes they have SM on video, on the pay phone, out and about that night. They had a direct witness to what Heather was told by SM! The state is correct -- it doesn't get much better than that in terms of evidence because it's not about interpretation. That was SM buying the preg test, that was SM calling heather at 1:35am. SM removed the data from his own black truck, they threw out the DVR/security system they had, 2 days after abducting Heather and purchased a brand new one.
Yes, yes, yes! As usual, thank you Madeleine.

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 1m1 minute ago
The video they're watching was taken on 12/20/13, when police talked w/ #SidneyMoorer. Police say Moorer met them at the end of his driveway

Off topic: I'm from Chicago and the one funny/cool part of watching the live feed is the accents. I adore it! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say the funniest thing is all the people here commenting on it and I don't see anything wrong/ significant with it at all :floorlaugh: even when folks pointed out what was bothering them I had never even noticed before and then afterwards I still didn't notice that it is common I guess down here.

That's what's so great about being here is you get to see what everybody else believes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member