MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If TM is not/never in there, it's got to be she's banned from the courtroom. She's just not the type to miss out on any action.
I don't think phones are allowed in the courtroom. She needs to be able to post and lurk on social media and here.

Question along these lines.... If they happen to ever find her remains, can he also be charged with murder if he is already in jail convicted of her kidnapping?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, he can! :)

Even though in 2 different videos it was SM driving his own truck (Walmart & pay phone) that very night? This is what troubles me... that unless there's a photo or video of the defendant in the seat of his truck at the exact time he was at PTL it's like "well maybeeeee some one else had his truck and went to meet Heather..." And if you believe that, it still makes SM guilty since he lured her out and there is proof of that (including video of him at the pay phone on the very call).

Hiya Madeleine! If I recall correctly, you've made some accurate assumptions over the years here at WS - whatcha thinking for this jury? Personally their questions have me a little worried that they want direct, video evidence instead of following the rational thought that Sidney was in, and remained in, his truck. Jmo

A wildfire began on International Drive at 1 am and grew overnight last night. For non locals, International Dr is a long unpaved road thru the thick of the forest behind River Oaks Drive and parallel to Carolina Forest Blvd. There has been a big brouhaha about paving it within the court system because wildlife activists are saying that paving it will endanger the bear population that lives in those woods. This road is also very close to Longbeards.

We had a wildfire around that area in 2012 when someone was burning trash illegally and it grew into a mammoth of a beast that destroyed a bunch of homes and took more than two weeks to contain. They don't know what started this one yet, but I sure hope it wasn't intentionally set it.

It's probably not related to HE's case, but the timing and location sure seems odd.

Here's a screenshot shot from my phone that shows the location of International Drive in relation to Longbeards (which is pinned).

296df17642f9387d71cdb3cf1e619277.jpg

As soon as I saw that this morning, I immediately thought of Longbeards. Probably a coincidence, but definitely strange.

A wildfire began on International Drive at 1 am and grew overnight last night. For non locals, International Dr is a long unpaved road thru the thick of the forest behind River Oaks Drive and parallel to Carolina Forest Blvd. There has been a big brouhaha about paving it within the court system because wildlife activists are saying that paving it will endanger the bear population that lives in those woods. This road is also very close to Longbeards.

We had a wildfire around that area in 2012 when someone was burning trash illegally and it grew into a mammoth of a beast that destroyed a bunch of homes and took more than two weeks to contain. They don't know what started this one yet, but I sure hope it wasn't intentionally set it.

It's probably not related to HE's case, but the timing and location sure seems odd.

Here's a screenshot shot from my phone that shows the location of International Drive in relation to Longbeards (which is pinned).

296df17642f9387d71cdb3cf1e619277.jpg
Good observation. International Drive is also the name of a big road in Orlando, land of Disney which is near and dear to their hearts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

RE: the kids being in the courtroom and being a witness to all of this....

I can only imagine what they've seen at home in their lifetime up to this point. It's obvious that TM and SM are unstable. Ridiculous amounts of Disney trips aren't going to automatically give your kids a healthy environment to grow up in. I cringe to think about the things they've seen and heard between their disgusting, vile parents. Them being in the courtroom today? I'm guessing this is mild compared to what they've been exposed to at home up to this point in their lives.

Question If, per chance, SM is found not guilty, he can still be tried for murder charges at a later point, right? Just not for kidnapping again?

:moo:

:moo: if he is convicted of this charge he cannot be charged for murder later on.

Some folks disagree here on that concept..

I think it would be double jeopardy after kidnapping...as same event...and perhaps we can get AZ lawyer to come in and answer it !!!

I do think if her body is found in another state the Dual sovereignty Doctrine would apply and they could prosecute for murder after verdict if that happened.

Is anyone good friends with Az that we could ask her to come and answer :boggrin: I wish we had a legal thread for this case to do shout outs.

:moo: yes

:moo: if he is convicted of this charge he cannot be charged for murder later on.

I think it would be double jeopardy after kidnapping...as same event...and perhaps we can get AZ lawyer to come in and answer it !!!

I do think if her body is found in another state the Dual sovereignty Doctrine would apply and they could prosrcute for murder after verdict if that happened.

Is anyone good friends with Az that we could ask her to come and answer :boggrin: I wish we had a legal thread for this case to do shout outs.

It's two different charges. I don't see how that could be double jeopardy.

Off topic: I'm from Chicago and the one funny/cool part of watching the live feed is the accents. I adore it! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not an attorney. But I thought if found not guilty, he couldn't be charged with kidnapping again, but that he could later be charged with murder, whether or not he is found guilty now.
Maybe some attorney will straighten us out.

Well SM still has his ankle monitor, so I'm sure his whereabouts can be tracked if they need to be. However, he could call in a few favors from his many low character supporters.

The question as to reasonable doubt, in my experience in trial following, is a common question for jurors IMHO.

I still to this day would :confused: as to it if a juror... it's a cloudy definition.

And what is with that word that they use in the charges... who would know that word!

I'm not an attorney. But I thought if found not guilty, he couldn't be charged with kidnapping again, but that he could later be charged with murder, whether or not he is found guilty now.
That is what I thought as well. But what do I know?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I do think if her body is found in another state the Dual sovereignty Doctrine would apply and they could prosrcute for murder after verdict if that happened.

But weren't the murder charges dropped without prejudice? IME that means that they can be refiled and for murder there is no statute of limitations. Even though it's one big criminal event the charges are all handled separately (although not always in separate trials). I'm from FL and not SC but I thought these things were fairly universal in this country. All IMO and IME.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I do not buy that for a second, let's say he was charged with jaywalking and convicted, now if I body was later found, of course charges could be upgraded, but I am not a lawyer but something is wrong with our legal system big time if they could not upgrade charges.

What if TM had someone else abduct H.E and her and SM just pointed her out to the person.

Did they call anyone else that night?

Having trouble with WS today and my thanks button not working well and having lockup issues so just want to thank everyone in advance for keeping us all updated.

This judge has really peeved me during this trial. Just let the jury see whatever they want to see.

He has influenced this trial way too much. He is supposed to be impartial and let the jurors do their job. Give them whatever they want and answer their questions and then stay the heck out of the rest.

No matter how the jury finds for this trial, murder charges can still come back. It isn't double jeopardy. He's not being tried for murder here.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member