MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched TM come in and sit down. SM instructed the children to move off to the side, out of view of the the camera it appears. Polly sat with them, then TM sat with them. Unless the woman with blonde hair and black sweater on is it someone else in the family?
Pretty sure that's TM's sister Ashley.

OMG, they really have the kids there? Possibly to see their dad get 30 yrs for kidnapping? that's wrong.

Yep, all three kids. What a testament to great parenting to parade your children through the media and legal system wherein you've been charged with kidnapping after openly admitting to cheating on their mother. Old SM must be feeling mighty confident in himself to have his children there to witness the outcome.

Question If, per chance, SM is found not guilty, he can still be tried for murder charges at a later point, right? Just not for kidnapping again?

Also, I think the live video feed conflicts with the video ads

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I didn't have audio for some reason during that live stream. What did the jury ask for?

Question If, per chance, SM is found not guilty, he can still be tried for murder charges at a later point, right? Just not for kidnapping again?
That is my understanding

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
#MoorerTrial - We don't know the question yet but it has to do with something the judge and attys are looking at... http://fb.me/51Iizrc6c

Good Morning WS Friends!
Count me in as one with WS problems.
Yesterday I was sure I needed a new laptop. Seems to be just this website though.
Hoping for a guilty verdict soon. Longer jury is out, more concerned I get.

Pretty sure that's TM's sister Ashley.

If TM is not/never in there, it's got to be she's banned from the courtroom. She's just not the type to miss out on any action.

I think I need a different live link. Mine is showing no one in the court room.

OMG, they really have the kids there? Possibly to see their dad get 30 yrs for kidnapping? that's wrong.

It's heartbreaking. That is a moment that will stick with those kids forever.

I was thinking about the trail last night. KT in particular, and his lack of defense. Just for the record, and IMO, he is not inept .... he simply had nothing to work with. JMO... Your thoughts?

My husband hasn't followed the case, last night I gave him a brief list of the evidence , phone calls, truck video etc. His first thought " That is a lot of suspicious activity by Sidney to all just be coincidence. I vote guilty " 5 minutes later he added " but they didn't prove who was driving the truck , he could of went home after the pay phone call and the wife took the truck , I vote not guilty " I replied " but Heather was afraid of the wife, would never ever of met her in broad daylight much less at the landing at that time of night " He replied " but you still don't know who was driving the truck "

This is where my mind is too. I believe he's guilty but I see reasonable doubt due to not having proof who was in the truck that went to PTL. IMO

Huge thanks to CarolinaGirl for keeping me updated via text, I'm so grateful!

In other news, this jury worries me. Jmo

Peeps.... Can someone post a link to live stream? TIA :)

On the contrary, I believe the information about Longbeards and the timings help paint a clearer picture of what was going on.
Firstly, from that point on in the timeline (2.40am until 3.40am), there are so many possibilities that could happen and I understand why the State presented their take on that hour. I'd like to have heard what she was intending to finish with in Closing, bur for now we have to go with what was said...

My opinion now is
Heather was travelling to Longbeards at 2.40am. (Did they arrange to meet at Longbeards an hour after the 4 minute payphone call?)
She spam called the payphone on her journey and when she got there.
She got sick of waiting on Sidney at around 3am (20 minutes late?), so decided to head back home.
On that long straight of road outside Longbeards she passed the F150 on its way to Longbeards. (one or both of them would have flashed their lights to acknowledge)
She turned off the long straight road and did a U-turn at the housing estate at Plantation and headed back to Longbeards parking lot.
Sidney's phone is switched on.
She would have arrived and parked close to where the F150 was already parked.
She would have seen Sidney and got out of her car with her keys and phone.

I believe at this point she was jumped and taken to another place by others (remember that $5k?).
Sidney got into Heather's car with her phone and left the lot. He stopped just outside Longbeards to adjust the seating/mirrors in the car and then drove to PTL via Heather's apartment. I believe the original plan was to drop the car off at her appt, but that changed for some reason.
Sidney was using Heather's phone and when he got to PTL he was beyond frantic calling his own cell as code to say he was at the picking up/dropping off place - PTL.
Heather's phone was tossed into the lake as far as he could throw it. The water would very quickly make the phone go dead.

A wildfire began on International Drive at 1 am and grew overnight last night. For non locals, International Dr is a long unpaved road thru the thick of the forest behind River Oaks Drive and parallel to Carolina Forest Blvd. There has been a big brouhaha about paving it within the court system because wildlife activists are saying that paving it will endanger the bear population that lives in those woods. This road is also very close to Longbeards.

We had a wildfire around that area in 2012 when someone was burning trash illegally and it grew into a mammoth of a beast that destroyed a bunch of homes and took more than two weeks to contain. They don't know what started this one yet, but I sure hope it wasn't intentionally set it.

It's probably not related to HE's case, but the timing and location sure seems odd.

Here's a screenshot shot from my phone that shows the location of International Drive in relation to Longbeards (which is pinned).

296df17642f9387d71cdb3cf1e619277.jpg

I was just able to get in now, after I cleared my cookies from the videos. I saw the brief courtroom session. It seems to me that the jury probably picked a foreman last night and tried to start deliberating. Some juries take initial votes, others don't. They seemed to realize that they didn't recall all the information they needed and recognized the need for an easel. I'm sure they all went home last night and thought about what they needed, made a list this morning, and are just beginning to get a hand on how to deliberate.

I have to leave at 12:30, so I wouldn't mind a verdict before lunch. In reality, I think it will take a few days. They have to start from scratch on the time line which is crucial to connect the dots for themselves, or not be able to connect the dots!

This is where my mind is too. I believe he's guilty but I see reasonable doubt due to not having proof who was in the truck that went to PTL. IMO

Huge thanks to CarolinaGirl for keeping me updated via text, I'm so grateful!

In other news, this jury worries me. Jmo

Even though in 2 different videos it was SM driving his own truck (Walmart & pay phone) that very night? This is what troubles me... that unless there's a photo or video of the defendant in the seat of his truck at the exact time he was at PTL it's like "well maybeeeee some one else had his truck and went to meet Heather..." And if you believe that, it still makes SM guilty since he lured her out and there is proof of that (including video of him at the pay phone on the very call).

Question along these lines.... If they happen to ever find her remains, can he also be charged with murder if he is already in jail convicted of her kidnapping?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be my guess as I have been wondering why that was not included in the first place, I thought maybe because SC could not prosecute without a body. Does open up for taking two bites of the apple, I could see where they would want to be able to charge murder if a body is ever found BUT I would have liked to see them put it forth now, I think just the kidnapping charge will leave to jury to ponder why they did not charge murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K