MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 22, 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep .. that is what his attorney is supposed to do .. point away from SM being guilty ...

Absolutely, it's his job. I just thought at the beginning he was trying to blame other guys (6 guys per his words) but I'm shocked he has moved on to TM JMO

New witness on the stand, man from Electric Company. Says that they have a sub station right next to (across the street) SM house, knows who SM is.

Absolutely, it's his job. I just thought at the beginning he was trying to blame other guys (6 guys per his words) but I'm shocked he has moved on to TM JMO

probably because he figured his first plan was a bust ..

I just remembered that the jury is aware that Tammy is also accused of kidnapping. Putting the messages to HE as coming from Tammy doesn't change a thing for Sidney. If I were on the jury and knew that fact, I'd probably think that both of them did the deed.

I bet they'll be installing cameras now, lol! tsk, tsk.

Planting the seeds of doubt in the jurys mind. I really wish they would have been tried together. TM and her atty are going to have an unfair advantage, imo

I just remembered that the jury is aware that Tammy is also accused of kidnapping. Putting the messages to HE as coming from Tammy doesn't change a thing for Sidney. If I were on the jury and knew that fact, I'd probably think that both of them did the deed.

Remind me again how they know that?

Prior to Dec 18, 2013 The sub station had installed some camera housings to deter thieves but there were no cameras installed. The housings did not have any way to record anything, just an empty box. (my term- a prop)

Prior to Dec 18, there were no cameras put up at the sub station. SM never contacted the electric company asking for footage. No more questions from State, Defense has no questions.

Do they know that? I hope so.

I guess I don't understand why that witness was called. Did I miss something?

Done for the day. Be back at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Don't talk to anyone about the case even among each other, don't watch or read anything about the case- Per Judge.

I believe it was mentioned early on in jury selection. If it's not true, I am truly sorry.

I really don't know for sure but people on TM and SM side have been screaming about the footage that the state doesn't want you to see from the substation that points right at their house. Basically saying it will show they never left the house.

But then I don't know if the state really cares about what they scream about LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am way behind, but perhaps I am the only one not surprised or confused by these actions. I am now 27, but when I was younger meeting up with friends ect... this behavior is something I could see myself as doing. It seems pretty clear to me, actually. IMO on the payphone call with SM she made plans to meet him at Long Beards, when she arrived he wasn't there as agreed upon. She tried to call him several times, no answer. Decided he wasn't there, wasn't answering either, so she went back home. Got home, tried to call his cell phone twice since he didn't answer the other phone and had made plans to meet her. Was unsuccessful on the first attempt, he answered on the second one. They spoke, made a change of plans to meet at PTL, and she drove there. She tried to call him once she arrived because, once again, he wasn't there yet as planned.

Am I missing something in the timeline that would not make this plausible?

So the defense can't say "why weren't the sub-station's camera records subpoened?? Surely they have them!" (Even if just in closing arguments)

Aw, SM, what's wrong? No happy chit-chat today after it's all over? No smiles. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD