MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a lot has been left out.

Collectively here on WS, we have spent 1000% more time sleuthing than the State and the D put together IMO.

And a lot of that has been throwing spaghetti against the wall and speculating and following rumors down every rat hole.

In the courtroom, the best presentation of a case is to show the evidence, get the witnesses on and off and keep things moving. (just like Juan Martinez did during his presentation in the Arias trial).

WMBF News

The state is arguing that when a 40-year-old man calls a 20-year-old girl in the middle of the night from a pay phone, something bad is about to happen.

"sneakin' around, calling from payphones, and then lying to police about it."

She's doing a great job of painting this picture of poor Heather that night.

PTL is "one of the darkest holes in Horry County."

WMBF News

Livesay said Peachtree Boat Landing is one of the darkest holes in Horry County.

Was the Defense sure of a directed verdict and didn't prepare anything?

I think the Direct Verdict motion is nothing more than Standard Operating Procedure. KT probably knew the Court wouldn't grant his motion. I believe the Defense didn't put on any evidence because there was nothing for them to put on. The video of SM in Walmart and the payphone eliminated any chance he had of saying he was out of the area. Also, there was previous talk of PC possibly testifying that the truck was in the driveway all night, but the expert witness debunked and chance of that. I'm certain KT considered all possibilities of witnesses, etc. but realized that nothing would really help. I might add, that it really isn't all that uncommon for defense attorneys to not put on evidence in criminal cases.

It will be interesting to see what the jury does with the evidence. It may come down to who puts on the best closing argument!

Meghan Miller ‏@Meghan_WBTW 14m14 minutes ago
Tammy is sitting outside of Courtroom 3B watching closing statements right now. #MoorerTrial #HeatherElvis

Heather's phone had never pinged off the tower near PTL before.

WMBF News

"You know before they hung up the phone, they had to have a meeting of the minds." - Livesay

The state notes that Peachtree Boat Landing is right up the road from where the defendant lives.

Heather is VERY familiar with PTL. She grew up right up the street on Peach Tree Rd..

Tammy is sitting outside of Courtroom 3B watching closing statements right now. #MoorerTrial #HeatherElvis
Wonder if she has her phone on so she can post on social media and read here.

wmbf news

the judge is talking now. He said it's inconsistent for a young lady who was excited about her life to suddenly just vanish from the face of the earth.

In the judge's remarks, he said something happened in this time frame and there is no question the truck was somewhere in the area.

wth?!!

The longer she talks, the more I think SM will walk. My JC moment.

Good. Why is she outside and not inside the courtroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum