Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The blanket.
I did think about the blanket. She did indicate it was normally on the master bed, correct? So it would have been inside the home the night before. This means she would have to give LE a reason for it being in the van during the day or the evening before Haleigh is missing. She couldn't say she didn't know how her blanket got off the bed and into the van so this is a piece of the story that neither Misty or LE are releasing. It also means there could be other parts of her story being treated the same way, yes?

my first post on this case but reading everything. At first I thought she was not home the entire night as rumored. If she was with someone or at a party someone would have notified LE by now.

I think she took something or drank too much and really does not know anything. I wish I knew if she was dressed or in PJ when Ron got home.

I haven’t been posting much. Nothing new but the interview from NY with Misty saying she didn’t know why her story has inconstancies in it. I went back and watched some of the earlier media clips with her speaking. I am not formally educated in learning disabilities but I am beginning to suspect that Misty has several one being dyslexic and the other is spatial cogency problems.
Misty had said it was 3 o’clock something but is not saying the exact time it may have more to do with her not really being able to tell what the other numbers were. She may not even realize she has dyslexia. Younger children do not know and develop way to attempt to hide the fact that they cannot read or tell time. Some parents pick up on the fact that something in not quit right when they try to teach their children how to right their name or read very simple books. It is something that educators are suppose to know and recognize the signs for when children enter kindergarten and 1st grade and may now even at some pre-school level but from personal experience within my husbands family this is not always the case. It does tend to run in families and 2 of my nephews have this. It effects the way the brain interprets what letters and numbers look like and they have to be taught that when they see one thing it really is a this. If it is recognized early and various tools are used to help them learn what they are seeing only very severe forms will keep a child from learning and doing well in school. The older of the two boys was staying with us for a couple of months over the summer and I picked up on the fact the child could not tell time. At age 8 he was well past the age for reading of any bedtime stories and was more into playing outside in the summer than playing board games and the like. The only reason I noticed anything was because he didn’t seem to ever be ready to do anything when there was a specific time we had to go somewhere. We did not have anything but digital clocks in my home and even my watch was digital. I found he could not tell me what time it was to save his life. He had learned by the standard clock of big hand on the 12 little hand on the 3 and he would count from the number at the top to know what the number was that the little hand pointed to tell you it was 3 o’clock. When it came to a digital clock he no longer was able to use the process and could not tell time. No one ever noticed before because he had never been in the environment that did not have those big old round face clocks. He new it was the afternoon, or evening or sometimes he would go by it must be a certain time because something was on t v and he new what time it was suppose to come on. He was very creative in getting around the fact that he could not tell time and he really had no idea that he could not tell time. It was normal for him to use alternate tools. Once the school finally approved testing [which is a whole long sago that still gets me ticked off] and he was given special training it was remarkable how quickly he went from a barely passing student to an A student, graduated from High school, went to trade school and went on to open his own business at the age of 28 and does very well for himself.
As far as the spatial cogency problems it means that one does just not understand distance and placement. You tell someone to go get something from the back of the closet and they do not comprehend ‘back’. Other simple things that we all take for granted like first, second or third, up or down, over or under, the front, the side etc and being able to judge space in inches, feet, yards etc is a difficult process and in some children if that is not recognized and special techniques are used to teach the person they just goes on through life never really learning these and cannot follow simple directions not explain even there own actions in a process. If this is not picked up in children really early they get behind in their grades very fast because they are looked upon as mentally slow and end up in special needs programs where the entire learning process is simplified and they are not taught anything much more than the basics and IMO not very well at that.
Such may be what is going on with Misty. The difficulty level of words used in conversation and of the questions that are being asked is not at a level that she understands. It does not mean that she is dumb just that the education system failed to recognize these problems and she was never given any opportunity to try to learn a different way. Some children act out when they do not understand why they are not ‘getting it ‘ and are treated as problem kids. Eventually they end up dropping out of school because they do so poorly that they give up all together.
I have no real way of knowing exactly what Misty’s problems were in school but it is obvious to me that she has problems communicating at a level that everyone expects her to and when she does not she is looked at as she must not be telling the truth. I just have to wonder if someone trained in those areas were to question Misty if LE would get the answers they need to help in this investigation.

moo

They seemed to back away from the statement of clearing the cousin tho.

If Misty took the kids and went somewhere with the SIL and/or her brother in the van that night...wouldn't it mean the brother and SIL are right up there as suspects? Could this be who Misty is trying to protect? It is true we have heard little about them, but if indeed their van is the one that LE took in...wouldn't it mean:

A) The van was in the driveway.

B) Something/someone placed Haleigh in the van during the course of that particular day or before 3:30 am.

C) Something/someone placed Misty in the van during the course of the 8 hours.

What other reason would they have to confiscate it? Drugs? Expired tags?

I'm not sure the van has anything to do with anything at this point. It could have been ruled out since. Misty could have borrowed the van and that would be the extent of her brother's involvement. Misty could have her own car and it hasn't been mentioned yet. I don't remember ever hearing that she absolutely did not have a car. If she does have a car, maybe Misty's car is the one LE won't confirm taking?

I want someone outside the family to confirm the last sighting of Haleigh. IMO, that's when the real timeline starts.

I did think about the blanket. She did indicate it was normally on the master bed, correct? So it would have been inside the home the night before. This means she would have to give LE a reason for it being in the van during the day or the evening before Haleigh is missing. She couldn't say she didn't know how her blanket got off the bed and into the van so this is a piece of the story that neither Misty or LE are releasing. It also means there could be other parts of her story being treated the same way, yes?

Yes. There could be other parts of MC's story that neither she nor LE are releasing.

I haven't heard her say directly that her blanket was normally on the Master Bed, but since that is the bed she slept in it would be a logical place for it to be.

my first post on this case but reading everything. At first I thought she was not home the entire night as rumored. If she was with someone or at a party someone would have notified LE by now.

I think she took something or drank too much and really does not know anything. I wish I knew if she was dressed or in PJ when Ron got home.

Thanks Ladyluck....This is what I've been wondering...Does anyone know if MC was in her pj's or street cloths when RC got home that night?

LadyLuck, Welcome to WS!

Shadow of my mind, I hear what you are saying, but for Misty to not be able to understand and answer a straightforward simple question that Merideth asked tells me that her verbal comprehension skills would have to be much worse than my 60 year old mentally retarded sister who also has Cerebal Palsy. My sis is at the level of an 8 year old, I don't think my sister has ever told anyone "I don't know" We usually get answers that are way TMI! lol.

ETA: so I'm pretty much left with that Misty is playing dumb.

I am thinking Misty may have gone through the whole blanket scenario with LE. My blanket was in the van so I took the one off the window and washed it. LE would have then questioned her about the van.

It has been reported by a local that LE still has this van. If that is so why? If they found no evidence in it why have they not released it yet?

Thanks! I wish we had that straight from LE's mouth.

I believe today's statement supercedes the prior statements since it is about where they are TODAY with the investigation.

I am thinking Misty may have gone through the whole blanket scenario with LE. My blanket was in the van so I took the one off the window and washed it. LE would have then questioned her about the van.

It has been reported by a local that LE still has this van. If that is so why? If they found no evidence in it why have they not released it yet?
Has there been any confirmation whose van it is ~ Misty's brother's or ??? TIA!

I believe today's statement supercedes the prior statements since it is about where they are TODAY with the investigation.

I think this too. I am going with the latest statement we get from LE. And they don't make many that's for sure!

Thanks Ladyluck....This is what I've been wondering...Does anyone know if MC was in her pj's or street cloths when RC got home that night?

Scorpian I haven't seen any media reports, any LE statements and no statements from MC or RC about what MC was wearing that night. As far as I can tell, we have no idea what she was wearing.

Scorpian I haven't seen any media reports, any LE statements and no statements from MC or RC about what MC was wearing that night. As far as I can tell, we have no idea what she was wearing.
We don't know either what she normally wore to bed so other than her being in jeans and fully dressed as if she'd just come home, nothing would seem too odd. What's more mysterious is what Haleigh had on and how/why Misty didn't know what it was. MOO

Police confirmed that both Ronald and Misty have taken polygraph tests and they are "satisfied" with the results.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=63252

Maybe "satisfied" is a polite way of saying: "yes, we know she/he is lying, and our results satisfied that supposition"; "yes, we are satisfied he/she told the truth, and the results verified that" in a very ambiguous way, so as not to tip off anyone to draw conclusions.

In reference to the pink shirt: didn't the Granny bring over some clothes that night? What *if* Haleigh was actually wearing the HM shirt, but took it off to try on one of her "new shirts" that Granny brought over, and threw it in the pile of dirty clothes? You know how little kids want to wear their new clothes right away? Just a thought...

I know there was some earlier discussion about whether Ron married Misty because it would prevent her from testifying against him if something he did resulted in his child's death, I found this somewhere (sorry if it's been posted before):

Florida statute 90.504 Husband-wife privilege.--
(1) A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife.
(2) The privilege may be claimed by either spouse or by the guardian or conservator of a spouse. The authority of a spouse, or guardian or conservator of a spouse, to claim the privilege is presumed in the absence of contrary evidence.
(3) THERE IS NO PRIVILEGE under this section:
(a) In a proceeding brought by or on behalf of one spouse against the other spouse.
(b) In a criminal proceeding in WHICH ONE SPOUSE IS CHARGED WITH A CRIME COMMITTED AT ANY TIME AGAINST the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of A CHILD OF EITHER.
(c) In a criminal proceeding in which the communication is offered in evidence by a defendant-spouse who is one of the spouses between whom the communication was made.

If Ron or Misty are indicatedin relation to this abduction/crime, spousal privilege will not prevail, per (b). :twocents:

Shu

I'm not sure the van has anything to do with anything at this point. It could have been ruled out since. Misty could have borrowed the van and that would be the extent of her brother's involvement. Misty could have her own car and it hasn't been mentioned yet. I don't remember ever hearing that she absolutely did not have a car. If she does have a car, maybe Misty's car is the one LE won't confirm taking?

I want someone outside the family to confirm the last sighting of Haleigh. IMO, that's when the real timeline starts.

You & me both. Who would that back it up to?, though, the a/c guy(if he even saw her), maybe even the bus driver?

I wasn’t hip to the show Lie to Me until last night/this morning. So needless to say I spent my morning watching all the episodes they had available on fox.com. Anyway, in episode 3 “A Perfect Score” about 5:50 into the show they do a split screen of the judge character and Susan Smith. I cannot stop thinking about the similarities I see between this SS clip and the early ones with Misty. Has someone already made/agree with this association?

Ohhh SiberianSleuth I remember seeing the promo for that show before it came out, and said to myself I really want to watch it.

I forgot all about it! Can you throw me a link so that I can catch up too?

I'll be happy to give you an opinion once I see the episode you are talking about. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling