Misty C. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]Yes. There could be other parts of MC's story that neither she nor LE are releasing.

I haven't heard her say directly that her blanket was normally on the Master Bed, but since that is the bed she slept in it would be a logical place for it to be.
She said in her ditty about the blankets where she mentioned "her blanket was in the van they took" so she took the blanket off the window and washed it with Haleigh's. To me, this indicates the blanket in the van would be the one normally used on the large bed because the other had been on the window used as a curtain or used to block the light. Haleigh's would normally be on the little bed. Right?

[/B]

Yes. There could be other parts of MC's story that neither she nor LE are releasing.

I haven't heard her say directly that her blanket was normally on the Master Bed, but since that is the bed she slept in it would be a logical place for it to be.

M said on one interview that Haleigh had wet her bed and she was washing Haleigh's blanket. Went to put it back on her and she was not there.
This was early on after Haleigh went missing.

I'm not sure the van has anything to do with anything at this point. It could have been ruled out since. Misty could have borrowed the van and that would be the extent of her brother's involvement. Misty could have her own car and it hasn't been mentioned yet. I don't remember ever hearing that she absolutely did not have a car. If she does have a car, maybe Misty's car is the one LE won't confirm taking?

I want someone outside the family to confirm the last sighting of Haleigh. IMO, that's when the real timeline starts.

You & me both. Who would that back it up to?, though, the a/c guy(if he even saw her), maybe even the bus driver?

Yep - need an impartial witness to start the timeline. Great Grandma doesn't do that for me.

There were some kids that played with her that evening. I'm not sure of their ages, but maybe their parents saw her when they called the children in for suppper ?

I'm wondering how LE is going to proceed with Misty now that she walked out of the questioning last Wed.

If they call her in she has to go, right? What do they do if she refuses? xox

Hi scandi! No, Misty would not have to go. Not unless LE was prepared to charge her with something. You never have to answer LE's questions if you don't want to. You don't have to show ID, you don't have to tell your name, etc. and you NEVER have to sit in the room with them and answer questions, if you have not been charged with anything. Once you are charged the 5th amend. kicks in and you have the right to counsel. Lots of folks don't know that they don't have to talk to LE.

I would caution though, that if you refuse to talk to LE, they will probably charge you with something! Even if it is just distrubing the peace - because they will want to know who you are and why you don't want to tell them........ LE is generally very suspicious of anyone who refuses to identify themselves :)

HTH,

Salem

She said in her ditty about the blankets where she mentioned "her blanket was in the van they took" so she took the blanket off the window and washed it with Haleigh's. To me, this indicates the blanket in the van would be the one normally used on the large bed because the other had been on the window used as a curtain or used to block the light. Haleigh's would normally be on the little bed. Right?

Right. That's exactly what I deciphered from her "ditty about the blankets"

O/T the ditty about the blankets always reminded me of the "who's on first?" routine by Abbott and Costello...:D

Ohhh SiberianSleuth I remember seeing the promo for that show before it came out, and said to myself I really want to watch it.

I forgot all about it! Can you throw me a link so that I can catch up too?

I'll be happy to give you an opinion once I see the episode you are talking about. TIA!

If you goto fox.com on the top click on "Watch Full Episodes."

M said on one interview that Haleigh had wet her bed and she was washing Haleigh's blanket. Went to put it back on her and she was not there.
This was early on after Haleigh went missing.

Hi KSH! Welcome to websleuths your input is very appreciated here. :dance:

Hi scandi! No, Misty would not have to go. Not unless LE was prepared to charge her with something. You never have to answer LE's questions if you don't want to. You don't have to show ID, you don't have to tell your name, etc. and you NEVER have to sit in the room with them and answer questions, if you have not been charged with anything. Once you are charged the 5th amend. kicks in and you have the right to counsel. Lots of folks don't know that they don't have to talk to LE.

I would caution though, that if you refuse to talk to LE, they will probably charge you with something! Even if it is just distrubing the peace - because they will want to know who you are and why you don't want to tell them........ LE is generally very suspicious of anyone who refuses to identify themselves :)

HTH,

Salem

Thanks for that answer Salem. The last 8 hours per LE is still not clear and her statements are conflicting and they say she is the key to the investigation at this point.

Maybe they will try and force her hand and continue to call her in. Since she is the last adult to see Haleigh, her 'I don't know's' might turn into impeding an investigation! xox

Yes. You could be right about that.
Like I said before, I'll be first one laid out in shock if they link her to what happened to Haleigh but I can't see how this little lady got past the big guys in LE, FBI, Federal Marshall etc. unless she's really innocent.
Not to mention her new Mother in law ... ;)

I don't think she got by those big boys. I think they are just letting her believe that she got by them. I think LE knows more that they alre letting on. MOO

LE sure didnt give any clues as to what inconsistencies they have concerns over....is it where Haleigh was really sleeping, is it what Haleigh was really wearing, is it that she really didn't put them to bed at 8....or is it that Misty did leave the children alone. Which inconsistency is LE talking about. LE really has left it up in the air.
My gut is still telling me that Misty's initial report of the children being in the big bed is the truth. I think the changing story started there...probably out of fear of what DCF would do if they found out they were all sleeping together. JMO

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/14/news/news01.txt

Snipped

Haleigh Cummings' new stepmother has not been cleared as a suspect in the 5-year-old's disappearance last month, a senior sheriff's official says.

Maj. Gary Bowling also said Misty Croslin's inability on national television Friday to clear up inconsistent answers was what detectives have faced for weeks.

"Our interviews with her have been pretty much like what you saw on the "Today Show," Bowling said. "We've confronted her with her inconsistencies and America got a sample of our interviews with her."

Bowling also disputed Croslin's assertion on TV that she wasn't a suspect.

"We have not ruled her out as a suspect," he said.

MORE at link!!!!!

ME thinks the Walls are closing in .......................da da da dum

Such reassuring, heartwarming news as you're cozying up to your new bride... :rolleyes: JMO
:parrot:

I thought something was "FISHY" about this story from the Get go!

JaneInOz thank you for positing this. It sure changes the climate of the situation doesn't it?
I'm still stuck in that corner that Misty was missing from the home for a period of time that evening. Chances are, she may know something more and is afraid to tell. Mainly afraid of Ron and secondly now afraid of the cops since she hasn't been forthcoming with an actual account of the night. She may not particulary know what type of trouble she is in because she hasn't told all. I think she may soon have an attorney.
jmo

America got a sample of our interviews with her.

We sure did and it wasn't pretty. I wonder how many grey hairs she's given the LE who have been questioning her? I know I've gotten a few and that's only from seeing and hearing her TV interviews.

This is going to get confusing having two threads because this has already been talked about a great deal in the Misty C thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez