Misty C. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:liar: 17-year-old cousin??? Who is now married to Ron. Hmm. Must be the first story Misty told LE. She was a cousin. In every lie there is a bit of truth.

Quote:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18680086/detail.html#-
Channel 4 learned that a 2-year-old and a 17-year-old cousin were sleeping in the same bedroom as Haleigh. They are both safe and detectives said the teenager had no information about what happened to Haleigh. Haleigh's mother, who lives in south Georgia, went to Satsuma on Tuesday and was cooperating in the search.

:liar: 17-year-old cousin??? Who is now married to Ron. Hmm. Must be the first story Misty told LE. She was a cousin. In every lie there is a bit of truth.

Quote:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18680086/detail.html#-
Channel 4 learned that a 2-year-old and a 17-year-old cousin were sleeping in the same bedroom as Haleigh. They are both safe and detectives said the teenager had no information about what happened to Haleigh. Haleigh's mother, who lives in south Georgia, went to Satsuma on Tuesday and was cooperating in the search.

:confused:

Madjgnlaw, that article is dated 10 FEB 2009.

I'm not sure we can take the leap that it's a deliberate lie from MC that was told to Channel 4 given the way Channel 4 worded the opening sentence to that paragraph.

Channel for has learned...indicates to me that they aren't naming sources there.

Also, there was a lot of discussion at the beginning of this case on the general threads about this mis-information being reported and IIRC, it was later cleared up by futher media reports that there was no other teenager there asleep in the same bedroom with a 2 yr old (later sleuthed and determined to be Jr.).

I'm not saying she hasn't lied about other things, I'm just not thinking that this article is proof that MC told the LE this particular lie or that she told the media this particular lie.

Let's say that Haleigh was in the big bed with Jr and Misty. Haleigh by the door, Jr in the middle, Misty against the back wall. Somebody comes in and easily lifts Haleigh from the bed.
What if Ron normally came home from work and lifted Haleigh from the bed and placed her on the mattress on the floor. Haleigh would be used to that in her sleep and may not even wake. If Jr woke up slightly feeling Haleigh be moved, he would just think it is his daddy moving Haleigh.

Excellent thinking in my opinion. This would explain how Haleigh could have been gotten out of the bed and house without making a noise so as to alert RJ or Misty. Not saying Misty wasn't the one doing the lifting...I don't trust anyone at this point, but in my opinion, this could be the reason why Haleigh didn't make a sound when picked up in the middle of the night. She was probably used to being moved to her own bed when Daddy got home. My hubby did this everytime one of our little ones fell asleep in our bed and they never made a sound.....they also never looked up to put a face to the person picking them up.

I see what you mean Emeralgem, there is a span of time that needs to be accounted for. However, we have to remember there was another set of eyes in that trailer - Junior. Whatever happend to Haleigh had to happen after Junior was asleep or elsewhere. He would be a witness to anything that occured before Ron left for work.
Misty claims she put the kids to bed at 8. Junior would be aware of his missing sister if he was put to bed without her around.
I'm not sure I believe what Crystal says Junior repeated about "a man in black took sissy." If he saw that, he had to have been awake. And if he was awake, he probably would be afraid and woke Misty immediately.
But we have Misty claiming she awoke to use the bathroom and at that time discovered the kitchen light on, door proped open and little Haleigh not in her bed. She does not mention anuthing about Junior as far as I know.
I haven't heard much talk about Junior and if he was awakened and questioned after Ron was home. Or did they let him sleep? And if he did see his sister taken, would he be able to go back to sleep?
When you bring the element of Junior into the story, nothing adds up. He was there, no matter how old he is, he saw or heard something before going to bed and during the night.
Wish we knew more about the actions surrounding Junior. Anyone got anything more about Junior and what was explained by Ron and Misty as to what was going on with this child during all this? Share please.

I'm glad we're starting to ask questions about JR. There were no sounds from JR on the 911 call. If he had been awake and in the midst of the screaming, etc, I think we would've heard crying, whimpering, even an occasional "Hush, JR" or two. But nothing. How did a little guy sleep through the frantic search, MC says she conducted and then the screaming and hollaring when his father got home ? Where was JR ? How'd they keep him quiet through that ? Had both children been drugged ? Was TN there when the 911 call was made and she had JR in her arms or car ?

Why wouldn't they want to use that as their cover story? Makes more sense to back Rj's account of the mystery man if they had played a role in her disappearance, wouldn't it?! It seems to me they would be pushing it instead.

Not only did they not use that as a cover story, they don't appear to consider it a possibility. And to me the only reason for that is they know that no one came in and took Haleigh.

Could they be discounting it because the info came from Crystals side of the family? Maybe, but IMO, a parent would still entertain it as a possibility.

I thought the 8 hour time line came from last person to see Haleigh other than Misty was Grandma at 7:00 so LE is satisfied that Ron was accounted for from 7:00 to 3:00 not that he worked 7 - 3. IIRC it was determined he worked 4:30 - 3 a 10 hours shift with a 30 minute lunch break.

SS... I don't have a link.. I'm trying to find out..LE states he has a legitimate alibi for being at work for eight hours...If he worked an eight hour shift that night and got off at 3:00 am. I would assume his shift started at 7:00 pm the night before..

I'm glad we're starting to ask questions about JR. There were no sounds from JR on the 911 call. If he had been awake and in the midst of the screaming, etc, I think we would've heard crying, whimpering, even an occasional "Hush, JR" or two. But nothing. How did a little guy sleep through the frantic search, MC says she conducted and then the screaming and hollaring when his father got home ? Where was JR ? How'd they keep him quiet through that ? Had both children been drugged ? Was TN there when the 911 call was made and she had JR in her arms or car ?

I've always wondered when TN was called to the scene.
Was she called before or after the 911 call. Did she beat LE to the scene? How far away does she live from Ron & Misty?

At some point I read she lived 1/2 hr drive away, but can't find where I read it.

There are links on one of these threads that talk about how TN took care of JR as soon as she arrived and that she took him to the station and he was interviewed. So JR was interviewed very quickly by professionals.

I agree completely, would of been a perfect cover. I think Ron and Misty said they did not believe what Geraldo said RJs story is because Rj was interviewed that night by professionals and they were told that depending on how the questions were asked of Rj he changed his story. Then a week or more later Rj supposedly tells Crystal about the black man in black clothes and squeaky shoes.

Why wouldn't they want to use that as their cover story? Makes more sense to back Rj's account of the mystery man if they had played a role in her disappearance, wouldn't it?! It seems to me they would be pushing it instead.

The police report indicates she arrived at the scene after the police arrived.

Was she called before or after the 911 call. Did she beat LE to the scene? How far away does she live from Ron & Misty?

At some point I read she lived 1/2 hr drive away, but can't find where I read it.

Then a week or more later Rj supposedly tells Crystal about the black man in black clothes and squeaky shoes.
(respectfully snipped)

Squeaky shoes..... wonder if it was rainy that night?

Originally Posted by cheko1

While Misty was on the phone to the dispatcher, Teresa says Ron called her:

<snipped>

VAN SUSTEREN: About what time did he call you?
NEVES: He called me 3:27, 3:28.
VAN SUSTEREN: So right after the 911 call? Right before?
NEVES: I believe that she was on with 911 when he called me.
911 CALL: (INAUDIBLE)
NEVES: He was in a panic.
911 CALL - RONALD CUMMINGS, HALEIGH CUMMINGS&#8217; FATHER: I just got home from work. My five-year-old daughter is gone. I need somebody to be here now.
NEVES: And I thought, I am in my nightgown, and I am throwing me jeans on and going out of the door, and I thought that she is probably hiding under the bed or something.
VAN SUSTEREN: How far do you live from here?
NEVES: I live about somewhere between 12 and 15 miles.
VAN SUSTEREN: So did you hightail it over here?
NEVES: It took me about five minutes.
VAN SUSTEREN: So you did move fast.
NEVES: I was well over the speed limit, that's for sure. But I just thought if they got behind me, there would be more people here when we got here.
VAN SUSTEREN: So when did you get here, about 4:00 a.m.
NEVES: When I got here, it was about 3:30.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502766,00.html

Not only that, they appear to write it off as hogwash. Now if Ron was at work, and Misty was asleep and didn't see what happened, why do they quickly write off the possibility that a man in black took Haleigh? IMO, because they know that no one came in the trailer and took her.
This, and the early (before time for much thought) insistence that Haleigh would never have gone outside alone have been my biggest reasons not to suspect Ron.

I could see Misty going along with these, even if she were guilty, since my idea of her guilt has been her having bad company over or being elsewhere (or passed out). If she weren't there, Haleigh's going outside alone would raise the question of why, and "to look for Misty" would be a first assumption.

I think Ron knows that Misty is responsible, and is covering for her because he knows he would be held responsible for leaving them in her care. He'd also lose Jr, too.

eta: The only reason I can think of to deny the man in black story would be if one of them knew it was true and finding him would expose something Misty or Ron did wrong.

There are links on one of these threads that talk about how TN took care of JR as soon as she arrived and that she took him to the station and he was interviewed. So JR was interviewed very quickly by professionals.

Thank, LL.

So JR was awake when LE got there. I'm still wondering how they kept him quiet then on the call.

Can you direct me to the threads that discuss this ? TIA

Have there been any reasons or evidence to argue against a boat being involved?

:confused:

Madjgnlaw, that article is dated 10 FEB 2009.

I'm not sure we can take the leap that it's a deliberate lie from MC that was told to Channel 4 given the way Channel 4 worded the opening sentence to that paragraph.

Channel for has learned...indicates to me that they aren't naming sources there.

Also, there was a lot of discussion at the beginning of this case on the general threads about this mis-information being reported and IIRC, it was later cleared up by further media reports that there was no other teenager there asleep in the same bedroom with a 2 yr old (later sleuthed and determined to be Jr.).

I'm not saying she hasn't lied about other things, I'm just not thinking that this article is proof that MC told the LE this particular lie or that she told the media this particular lie.

I agree that allot of mis-information was said in the beginning. What I wonder is if Misty told half-truths in the beginning afraid of getting in trouble for what ever the truth is. Maybe she was afraid to tell the truth due to her age? There was talk back in the beginning about the age not being an issue for LE "at that time", maybe another reason they felt she should marry? Just trying to figure out how this 17 year old thinks; and keeps giving inconsistent statements. She is young and it's obvious to me she is not very intelligent and of a poor economic background. However,
I don't know why I feel she was not home and knows more and it's just bugging the heck out of me. Ron said in one of his statements she was outside when he got home the night Haleigh went missing in one of the earlier interviews. Sorry no link at the time. I find that odd as well. :banghead:

Landline or cell ? Hope we get to see phone records !!!

I keep wondering why have we not seen as much about this case? I recall in the Anthony case they were releasing information left and right. I think the cell records and the pings are important .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez