Misty C #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were I live DCF is referred to as CPS. I do know for a fact that it is very hard to get them to see there is abuse in the home. They are very understaffed and do not have enough time to properly investigate each allegation.

When children are living in a home with abuse, it becomes the norm, therefore they won't "tell anyone" as that is all they know.

Misty had to be extremely on edge if she was coming off the drugs from her three day binge. I can only imagine how edgy she was. Add RC and his temper into the mix, and wow, I couldn't even imagine!

I totally agree with every word of your post..

Is it now the standard of these threads to only discuss unedited journalism or official LE statements/press releases? :waitasec:

It is yet to be confirmed if the day that witness is speaking of is in fact the day Haleigh went missing.

Supposing this happened to you, you gave an interview and someone cut it to misleadingly imply that you're talking about the day of the crime, wouldn't you go out of your way to correct it, and say, "OMG that's not what I meant, I'm sorry, I don't want to mislead an investigation so this is what I actually said"?

It is about a missing child and you'd obviously want to help the investigation, not to misdirect it, like most normal people would.

The other parents might have been mistaken about the day but the only thing it does is clear up the two stories about the bus stop confusion. Otherwise if the story was true it wouldn't look too good for Misty because slapping is slapping no matter which day it happened and if she was talking about the bad drugs any other day it might mean the weekend wasn't an isolated occasion but rather drug taking was getting to be a habit.

Supposing this happened to you, you gave an interview and someone cut it to misleadingly imply that you're talking about the day of the crime, wouldn't you go out of your way to correct it, and say, "OMG that's not what I meant, I'm sorry, I don't want to mislead an investigation so this is what I actually said"?

It is about a missing child and you'd obviously want to help the investigation, not to misdirect it, like most normal people would.

The other parents might have been mistaken about the day but the only thing it does is clear up the two stories about the bus stop confusion. Otherwise if the story was true it wouldn't look too good for Misty because slapping is slapping no matter which day it happened and if she was talking about the bad drugs any other day it might mean the weekend wasn't an isolated occasion but rather drug taking was getting to be a habit.

I think I would go to law Enforcement rather than a blogger and give them the correct information and follow their instructions as to what I should do about what I saw. I would not under any circumstances speak with Art Harris or any other media outlet that has been associated with untruths being spread as fact. EX. Art H, Cobra and Kim P.....

I need only express what I thought I saw to Law Enforcement. They are in charge of the investigation and I would never count on someone that wants to further their own reputation as a blogger turned journalist.

I also want to say that I am not trying to make excuses for Misty's behavior. Not in the least. If she had any part in the disappearance of Haleigh I will hope to see her prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I am sure LE has interviewed all the parents who frequent that bus stop. LE knows who was there, what happened, and no interview with Art is going to disrupt those facts. jmo

I think I would go to law Enforcement rather than a blogger and give them the correct information and follow their instructions as to what I should do about what I saw. I would not under any circumstances speak with Art Harris or any other media outlet that has been associated with untruths being spread as fact. EX. Art H, Cobra and Kim P.....

I need only express what I thought I saw to Law Enforcement. They are in charge of the investigation and I would never count on someone that wants to further their own reputation as a blogger turned journalist.

I also want to say that I am not trying to make excuses for Misty's behavior. Not in the least. If she had any part in the disappearance of Haleigh I will hope to see her prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I think it's the other way around and Art was a journalist before he became a blogger.

So you wouldn't talk to any media outlets that published Misty's interviews then, given that she's been spreading untruths?

It's a bit harsh, IMO. Journalists and bloggers can only report what they're being told (unless it's an opinion piece they're writing). If they make things up out of the blue it is very bad but if they report what other people tell them they can't help publishing untruths occasionally because people are not always truthful. Journalists are not mind readers and lie detectors and there are things you can't confirm.

I think it's the other way around and Art was a journalist before he became a blogger.

So you wouldn't talk to any media outlets that published Misty's interviews then, given that she's been spreading untruths?

It's a bit harsh, IMO. Journalists and bloggers can only report what they're being told (unless it's an opinion piece they're writing). If they make things up out of the blue it is very bad but if they report what other people tell them they can't help publishing untruths occasionally because people are not always truthful. Journalists are not mind readers and lie detectors and there are things you can't confirm.

I don't think it's harsh but you are certainly entitled to think so. Are you disputing my post? Would you go to a blogger and tell your story about information that you witnessed that you thought might be considered important to a missing child investigation before you went to Law Enforcement?

Do you follow the Caylee Anthony case? Do you find it strange that we heard nothing for months from anyone who claimed to know Casey Anthony? Anyone important to the investigation? That would be because people who are important to an investigation are asked not to talk to the media. JMO. nothing to prove that it's just my opinion. I will not take what this witness claims to have saw as a fact. It is more likely in my opinion that she did go to Law Enforcement and perhaps they didn't give her tip the attention that SHE thought it deserved, so she went to the media. JMO

I did say that the woman's statement is clear to me, and I believe pertinent. What she said was she was not sure on which part of the face the child was hit...not that she was not sure if he was hit. Arguing semantics will not change the facts of the statement.

Were I live DCF is referred to as CPS. I do know for a fact that it is very hard to get them to see there is abuse in the home. They are very understaffed and do not have enough time to properly investigate each allegation.

When children are living in a home with abuse, it becomes the norm, therefore they won't "tell anyone" as that is all they know.

Misty had to be extremely on edge if she was coming off the drugs from her three day binge. I can only imagine how edgy she was. Add RC and his temper into the mix, and wow, I couldn't even imagine!

For many years I volunteered as a Guardian ad Litem and worked with DSS, but had to do my own independent investigation and write a report for the court. Knowing it and proving it sometimes seems impossible. :( Not saying that is the case here, I don't know of course, but I do know that much can be kept hidden and a big part of the reason for GAL is the fact that each DSS/DCF worker has SO MANY cases (yes, some may do their jobs for only the paycheck that's usually not much to begin with) and not nearly enough time. Also, what you and I may think is unacceptable may not rise to the standards of action being taken. The threshold for what is allowable conditions for children can be quite high.

(snip) ITA And personally interviewing, ie clarifying which child or which side of the face, which specific curse words or which particular bad $#+ MC bought etc, is of little further value to me.

And DCF/CPS makes plenty of mistakes. Some of which cost children injuries, or even their lives. JMO

:parrot:

Again if this woman that Art Harris interviewed was an important witness she would have given an interview to Law Enforcement and not a blogger. However if you wish to form a theory on what happened to Haleigh by reading blogger interviews and unconfirmed facts then by all means go right ahead.

I don't think it's harsh but you are certainly entitled to think so. Are you disputing my post? Would you go to a blogger and tell your story about information that you witnessed that you thought might be considered important to a missing child investigation before you went to Law Enforcement?

Do you follow the Caylee Anthony case? Do you find it strange that we heard nothing for months from anyone who claimed to know Casey Anthony? Anyone important to the investigation? That would be because people who are important to an investigation are asked not to talk to the media. JMO. nothing to prove that it's just my opinion. I will not take what this witness claims to have saw as a fact. It is more likely in my opinion that she did go to Law Enforcement and perhaps they didn't give her tip the attention that SHE thought it deserved, so she went to the media. JMO

The folks at the bus stop were witnesses, not tipsters. An entirely different method of information gathering-- imo, LE sought them out, not the other way around.

Again if this woman that Art Harris interviewed was an important witness she would have given an interview to Law Enforcement and not a blogger. However if you wish to form a theory on what happened to Haleigh by reading blogger interviews and unconfirmed facts then by all means go right ahead.

Do you know something that we don't here? What makes you speculate that this witness did not speak with LE? :waitasec:

So, what are you saying here? Everybody who has been in the media giving interviews is lying because everybody with real information stays silent and only talks to LE?

I'm sure LE has talked to the parents on the bus stop early on. It's possible that they felt that they weren't taken seriously enough but I'm just not sure that we can conclude from this possibility that they must be lying. Supposing they are some weirdos who don't want Haleigh found and made up a fake tip about Misty slapping children on the bus stop just to misdirect the investigation and get attention for themselves, they might be annoyed for a bit if LE disregarded it but they wouldn't be too surprised, after all it was just an unfounded lie and LE must have some other avenue to investigate. If she'd lied and known that her tip was a complete fabrication she wouldn't have thought her tip deserved attention, exactly...

The bus stop story emerged on Art's site anonymously a lot earlier than the video. It might be that the parents were not encouraged to go public by LE or it might be just that it took time to edit and Art likes to get the scoop from the same interview many times.

Misty is an important witness, and she has given interviews to Art Harris...

Thank you, but could he read well enough to get the paperwork filled out? I am not trying to suggest Misty is an idiot but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that she can't read very well.

Misty is someone like everyone else who chooses the path she did. It's called Free Will and it was given to each of us. Yes, the 14 year old could read and yes he had parents to support him but it was still his will to choose.
Misty is responsible for Misty. There are many programs, shelters and protective services that she could have chose if she had wanted a different life. Using an excuse of Misty never knowing any other life doesn't hold water. Each of us each day are exposed to wide spectrum of cultures and beliefs that we can observe and seek out if that is what we choose. Any blame rests on Misty's shoulders, with her free will, she chose to refuse any free and enhancement programs that she would have benefited from.

Yes, her parents have to answer to their mistakes in the way they raised their children but it's not a crutch to be used as an excuse for the behavior's of Misty.

Novice Seeker
IMO

Hi donjeta :wave: The words are directly from the witness, it seems the problem is we can't so easily discredit nor write them off to a "misquote" this time. ;)
:parrot:

And her boyfriend Jerry S. never mentioned this incident, his story is completely different. In fact, Art has posted 3 different versions of Jerry S. story.

I trust that LE has spoken with this woman. As well as her boyfriend. As well as the bus driver, the parents of the other children who get off the bus at that stop, the teacher....I haven't seen their reports, but I can rest assured they would have gotten them.

Do you know something that we don't here? What makes you speculate that this witness did not speak with LE? :waitasec:

Do I know something that you don't? No, of course not. I just think that if this woman's recollection of what she saw at the bus stop was important and related to the investigation Law Enforcement would have listed it among the facts that they have discovered.

Art Harris has flip flopped in his reporting of Haleigh's case and quite frankly I do not find his coverage unbiased. In March he reported that Crystal Sheffield was prepared to fight for custody of Haleigh and RJ and I am still waiting to see evidence to support that claim.

Do I know something that you don't? No, of course not. I just think that if this woman's recollection of what she saw at the bus stop was important and related to the investigation Law Enforcement would have listed it among the facts that they have discovered.

Art Harris has flip flopped in his reporting of Haleigh's case and quite frankly I do not find his coverage unbiased. In March he reported that Crystal Sheffield was prepared to fight for custody of Haleigh and RJ and I am still waiting to see evidence to support that claim.

BBM Has there been a doc drop in this case? I was not aware that LE had released their case notes, theories and interviews to the public as of yet.

AH could have been right, Crystal may have stated she waas going to fight for custody. There may be a reason she has not yet done so. We are not privy to her statements, and or thought process regarding her statements.

Misty is someone like everyone else who chooses the path she did. It's called Free Will and it was given to each of us. Yes, the 14 year old could read and yes he had parents to support him but it was still his will to choose.
Misty is responsible for Misty. There are many programs, shelters and protective services that she could have chose if she had wanted a different life. Using an excuse of Misty never knowing any other life doesn't hold water. Each of us each day are exposed to wide spectrum of cultures and beliefs that we can observe and seek out if that is what we choose. Any blame rests on Misty's shoulders, with her free will, she chose to refuse any free and enhancement programs that she would have benefited from.

Yes, her parents have to answer to their mistakes in the way they raised their children but it's not a crutch to be used as an excuse for the behavior's of Misty.

Novice Seeker
IMO

I can't agree. Misty decided that she didn't want to go to school anymore after 6th grade. Her parents should have forced her to go and followed the laws of whatever state they lived in. School is not an option for children in America it is a requirement. Parents that do not send their children to school should be held responsible for their actions.

I am not trying to use Misty's way of life as a crutch. Misty is responsible for Misty. I was responding to a post that questioned why Misty and Ronald are not working. I will repeat that I hope someone who cares about Misty has assured her that at 17 it is far too early to give up on obtaining an education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91