Misty C.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OR she's jonesin' for some drugs/booze which she probably hasn't had alot of in 10 days and all she has now is the cigs.

I am lost, can someone provide a link or something that says without a doubt she is an alcoholic or does drugs please?

I agree, but I didnt make my thought/opinion very clear....She had her head UP, and walked out like she was saying Ha! smell me people, I'm clean. I haven't seen Mistys head up ever. I think it was on the same station as the press conference..She looked pretty confident to me. Remember the sheriff saying she would walk out of the station today?
Where is my fiddle...oh there it is:boohoo:. They are playing her like one

Yes, I agree. She looked different today. Ron wasn't with her. Maybe that was part of it.

What I saw was, I think another poster mentioned it, a Casey wannabee. I think the new "celebrity status" is starting to affect Misty. She strutted out of that station doing a somewhat toned down version of the Casey~sashay.

Hmmmm... maybe Misty won't be as easy to crack as I originally thought.

Yes, I agree. She looked different today. Ron wasn't with her. Maybe that was part of it.

What I saw was, I think another poster mentioned it, a Casey wannabee. I think the new "celebrity status" is starting to affect Misty. She strutted out of that station doing a somewhat toned down version of the Casey~sashay.

Well...I am so glad I am not the only one who was struck with that impression!! The sashay was definitely there.

You know, I too noticed something different with Misty when I saw that clip. In fact at first I didn't recognize her. The walk, the posture, the way her hands were positioned...something seemed unlike her as we have seen her.
When I see her with Ron, her face has the look of fear.
I hate to judge her from the few times I've seen her on television clips, but I think this little gal is hiding something.
Like when you watch a tv program or mystery, you can always tell the bad guy right away. Or, maybe my imagination is working overtime today.
jmo

I don't think she did anything. I think she is a terrible witness, but I don't think she did anything to the child. I think people who are either trained in the law or in LE, or the self-trained folks who follow cases out of interest, give the average joe way too much credit. In our day-to-day lives, we have great flexibility in our spoken word. I can tell you I "never get any sun" or I "never drive at night" and in normal conversation, this is understood as me saying I don't "usually" do those things. I can also tell you I "worked all weekend" or even that I "sat at my computer all afternoon" when in reality I might mean I worked for 4-5 hours each weekend day, and that I was at my computer most of the time, except when I got up to get a drink, go to the bathroom, head to starbucks, etc., etc.

The average American speaks in generalization, hyperbole and exaggeration pretty much every day. This tendency is even stronger among less educated people, and people who have not had professional jobs, because these are people who have not been critiqued or really challenged in their spoken words, and because these verbal communication habits also go hand in hand with a fatalistic world view. So I think everything Misty has said about that evening is true, and the perceived mistakes are due to this communication issue and how she is generalizing and not really thinking out her answers before the words come out of her mouth.

Now, that said, I do think there is a chance she left that night or had a visitor someplace nearby. But for all we know, she admitted that part very early on and it was LE and the media that chose not to release it. But everything else from that night I think is the truth, but it's mangled up because she is not used to having anyone hang on her words. She probably has never really had anyone actively listen to her in her life and is probably only used to speaking words in stream of consciousness.

Personally, I think it's the Reynolds guy or somebody else camped out in the woods, who saw a propped door and went in for food, and then got more brazen and decided to see who was in the house. Or the child woke up and came into the kitchen and he took her then.

QFE..

This is consistent with what I've been thinking for a while. People have to get around the dialect and thought process of those folks there, and not take everything so literally. Hence the claims of story changes.

I still think the kid.. Misty... knows something she's not telling, but I think people are hanging onto things that aren't really as relevant as they think.

I agree, but I didnt make my thought/opinion very clear....She had her head UP, and walked out like she was saying Ha! smell me people, I'm clean. I haven't seen Mistys head up ever. I think it was on the same station as the press conference..She looked pretty confident to me. Remember the sheriff saying she would walk out of the station today?
Where is my fiddle...oh there it is:boohoo:. They are playing her like one

Sorry, but is there a video of this?

In a change of attitude, anger could do it too. If LE really put pressure on her in the interview, they could have made her angry. If she thought she didn't really give anything away, then that would have made her feel more confident. So when she walked out, she might have strutted.

Knock off the name calling and the negative posting. Discuss the case, the possibilities, the facts. but leave the name calling crap outside.

I agree with FlaSleuth. I don't think her story really changed, she just talks quickly. Like when she said she was the mother - I can see how it's easy to do that in a hard situation where you don't want to explain that you're the live in girlfriend.

There is still a chance she left that night though, the circumstances are hard to believe that someone just came in and snatched the little girl if they were all in the same room.

~winterrose~
I went to cc myspace.....down to view all chelsea friends...click ALL
go to pg 2 it is the 3rd pic from left.....I knew he looked familiar. It
was 2006 he would be 21 now & MC would have been 13 or 14...Ya know
it could be her bf. I'll start looking tomorrow...gotta get to sleep. See
what you can find out. Thanks

Didn't MC live in Daytona with one of her brothers for awhile before moving up to Putname County? Looks like the guy above could be an old boyfriend.

Even if he hasn't logged in wouldn't his age automatically update if he had entered his DOB when he set up that page?

The more I see lil missy on TV the more I don't think she's a sweet, vulnerable and innocent as we are lead to believe. I caught that sashay too. Here's the deal though, she might be hard, she might have street smarts out the yingyang but she's no match for seasoned detectives. (O/T but KC just found that out herself when they video taped her reaction at the nurses station, game up to say the least)

misty told matt lauer that her cousin from tenn has been a criminal his whole life and she doesn't trust him. she hasn't talked to him since he left his visit to florida. i wish he matt would have asked her when the cousin left.

The "new" misty, as she was walking out of the police station, this is what I have been talking about. It's been a week and a half, the facade is slipping.
IMO, this is the real Misty, cocky and self assured, not the poor little beaten down child routine she has been playing for the cameras.

The "new" misty, as she was walking out of the police station, this is what I have been talking about. It's been a week and a half, the facade is slipping.
IMO, this is the real Misty, cocky and self assured, not the poor little beaten down child routine she has been playing for the cameras.

I noticed she seemed cockier on the interview with Matt L. today. I think you are right.

Maybe she is getting to be more confident being that Ron and his mother are standing behind her, at least through the media, and that LE hasn't arrested her yet. She may be thinking that she is in the clear...

JMO

i agree that misty is acting differently, but i can't say that it is pointing me in a direction of her guilt.

if she is innocent: the shock is probably wearing off. time heals all wounds......

if she is guilty: maybe she is getting more comfortable with being interrogated and she thinks that she is going to get away with it......

Girlfriend of Haleigh's dad sticks to story

Feb. 20: TODAY's Matt Lauer talks to the grandmother of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, Teresa Neves, and Haleigh's father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin, about the search for the little girl.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/29298458#29298458

Whoa...her attitude sure has changed.

Oh yes her attitude has changed. I think as time goes on we are going to get glimpes of the real Misty. I thought it was interesting they showed video of her as we saw her in the beginning. Soft voiced, whiney almost, casting big eyes about looking very young even for her age.

Then contrasted we see her in the clip above, head cocked to the side, a little bit of defiance in her voice. Hmmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs