Misty Robbed at Apartment Complex

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly. If she really had the nerve to pull a stunt like this--and especially depending upon who she was scamming--she'd have to take it all the way including false report, false claims of injury etc I honestly can't say I'd put this past her. I mean it isn't like she's ever really shunned attention or shied away from the media. Either way it's a risky game Misty is playing. JMO

:parrot:
ITA, kiki. It is also not as if she has a problem with filing false claims of injury either.

Just my opinion, but I think it's fairly obvious what happened. They called their connection (or just knew where to buy the stuff), went to get some dope and got robbed. They had to call the cops because they were stupid enough to take their purse with them on a drug buy. ID's were in the purses. Also just a guess, but how much does anyone want to bet their connection set them up? Betcha anything the first girl got out of the car and gave some dude the money .... he runs off with their money. Next thing you know, there's two more dudes there who snatch their purses and run off. The girls get scared and scatter. Two take off in the car and run off leaving the third one to fend for herself. Of course she told the cops the truth about why they were there .... cops aren't dumb. If this is a known drug area, the cops knew what they were doing there.
What difference would that make? It would be easier to get a new ID. I also wonder why the one girl stayed there? That part also makes no sense what so ever, unless she was part of the set-up.

Thanks Debs, for telling me your theory, great stuff to think on!

Well, not if we are to believe she is as streetwise as some think. ANYONE knows that, that money is G-O-N-E. Heck, if you are robbed not trying to make a drug deal there is only a very, very slight chence you will recieve your property back and much slimmer if it is cash. Any druggie knows that money was gone. What do you think Misty or the other 2 thought would happen when this was reported?

If someone at the complex reported it, why would you just throw any chance of getting your money/purse back by saying you were buying drugs? It just doesn't make sense. IMO.

It's hard to climb inside of the disordered mind of a "druggie" but it actually does make sense.

All any "druggie" really knows is they wanna (need to) get high. When we are jonsin' we don't think all that clearly.. we just think about our next high, or the withdrawl we know is sure to come if we don't find a way, any way to get the money we need to get high.. to keep away the sweats and shakes. Any "druggie", any street wise person knows that LE must find them in the possesion of drugs in order to charge them with a crime. Being a "druggie" (recovering) I can totally see how they would hope against hope they could maybe get their money back, it's worth a shot at least, it's not like they could be charged with a crime. And if it works they can avoid withdrawl. He!!, yeah! That's all a druggie thinks about when they are faced with no resources.

The people Misty surrounds herself with all seem to be rats.. will tell on her to keep themselves out of trouble. This isn't the first "friend" (or family member) that has turned on her since the start of this case. What I find to be really sad is she keeps trusting these same types of people like some day they will come through for her. The other thing that I find to be very sad is that any time a possible addiction is brought up people get all offended and outraged as if admitting she may be an addict would be the same as saying she's a murderer. Anyone can be an addict, it doesn't make them a bad person, it doesn't make them capable of murder. The denial of her involvment has gone so far that everything that doesn't reflect good upon her is seen as an insult, as "slamming" her. In real life that's what's called enabling and is healthy for nobody. You can't see the truth when it is clouded by the things you refuse to admit to yourself about a person. (this isn't directed at you, just in general) So she was trying to buy drugs, big deal.. it doesn't mean she killed or harmed this child. Does it?

She made a mistake, she seems to make a lot of them, growing up the way she did, it'd be a miracle if she didn't! I'd wanna be doping up right about now too if while already in the middle of being investigated, my husband left me (not to mention allegedly threatened to kill her too!), my mom was talking on TV saying she thinks I'm hiding something, then lands in jail with my scum-bag brother for stealing from a neighbor, then the one person I thought cared about me turns out to be a friggin' spy. Yup, sad to admit but I think I'd probably be out trying to buy drugs too.

I am not a fan of misty, just playing devil's advocate, but isn't it possible that the girl that was left behind was actually "ditched" in the heat of the moment, and the drug story was contrived out of revenge for being left behind? i'm just thinking is misty really dumb enough to be out buying drugs rather than just getting someone else to do it for her? just a thought...

What difference would that make? It would be easier to get a new ID. I also wonder why the one girl stayed there? That part also makes no sense what so ever, unless she was part of the set-up.

Thanks Debs, for telling me your theory, great stuff to think on!

Misty and the other girl drove off without her!

I'm going to admit I haven't read all of the responses on this post yet. But I just couldn't hold this until then:

DOES MC HAVE "FOLLOW ME TO DRAMA" TATTOO'D ON HER FOREHEAD?

Good grief, I have to wonder how SO much can happen to ONE person. Of course, I'll stick with my original theory that some people beg for it because they love the attention. (As it seems to be with all the main players in this case.)

Now, I'm going back to read....

I'm going to admit I haven't read all of the responses on this post yet. But I just couldn't hold this until then:

DOES MC HAVE "FOLLOW ME TO DRAMA" TATTOO'D ON HER FOREHEAD?

Good grief, I have to wonder how SO much can happen to ONE person. Of course, I'll stick with my original theory that some people beg for it because they love the attention. (As it seems to be with all the main players in this case.)

Now, I'm going back to read....

(psst...to follow her, it would have to be sewn onto the pocket of her jeans) :)

I am not a fan of misty, just playing devil's advocate, but isn't it possible that the girl that was left behind was actually "ditched" in the heat of the moment, and the drug story was contrived out of revenge for being left behind? i'm just thinking is misty really dumb enough to be out buying drugs rather than just getting someone else to do it for her? just a thought...

She is not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. jmo

Sure she would go along. She would want to make sure her bag didn't get pinched and she didn't get any bad chit. She's big ballin'........ jmo

I am having a hard time wondering where these friends of Misty have been hiding all these months. Is it just my memory or have we never heard these peoples names mentioned in conjunction with this case before?

Just my opinion, but I think it's fairly obvious what happened. They called their connection (or just knew where to buy the stuff), went to get some dope and got robbed. They had to call the cops because they were stupid enough to take their purse with them on a drug buy. ID's were in the purses. Also just a guess, but how much does anyone want to bet their connection set them up? Betcha anything the first girl got out of the car and gave some dude the money .... he runs off with their money. Next thing you know, there's two more dudes there who snatch their purses and run off. The girls get scared and scatter. Two take off in the car and run off leaving the third one to fend for herself. Of course she told the cops the truth about why they were there .... cops aren't dumb. If this is a known drug area, the cops knew what they were doing there.

I wonder if the "dealers" knew about her recent visit to NY to be on national TV for which she was probably given some sort of money for a "licensing fee" and that's why they "set her up".

Misty and the other girl drove off without her!

Yeah, I understood that, but why would you stay at the place you were attacked? It's not like they cemented her feet to the ground. Run Forest, run!

I am having a hard time wondering where these friends of Misty have been hiding all these months. Is it just my memory or have we never heard these peoples names mentioned in conjunction with this case before?

I wish the poor girl had one person she could rely on in her life.

My opinion- these girls are possibly *known* drug users, by LE. They have gone to an area that is *known* by LE, as a place to buy drugs. It does not take a lot to connect the dots. And some individuals, when questioned by LE, actually tell the truth. WHAT A CONCEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet baby photo!!

Yes, always, you've said it best. There's always two sides, and I think I'll vote for yours.
Where's your son in his combat boots? just curious.

Yes, always, you've said it best. There's always two sides, and I think I'll vote for yours.
The only trouble w/ that concept is most people buying drugs don't actually admit it to the po-po.

Yes. By all means, I believe we should just stop looking at Misty's behavior that put her into a situation where this could occur. Whether she was there to get drugs for herself, or just riding along in the car, MISTY! made her choice to be where she was.

Misty isn't an ingenue. She is not an innocent. She may have been mugged and by definition she is a victim, but then one must take into awareness the victimology: What did the victim do to put herself into harm's way. This is not "blaming the victim" but making sure that there is an awareness of the dangers of ........oh, I don't know........going into a dark, known drug area where the violence is well known and expecting to feel safe as one stands on a street.

Good points, good post, debs. And, I'm betting this was not Misty's first trip to the area. Just my opinion, but I'm sticking with it.

Yeah, I understood that, but why would you stay at the place you were attacked? It's not like they cemented her feet to the ground. Run Forest, run!

She did run.....to an apartment where she knew someone.

But.......mah momma always tol' me, stupid is as stupid does.

Thank you. :blushing: My son is in BCT at Fort Jackson, SC. Boot camp. :usa:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back