Misty Robbed at Apartment Complex

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well in my opinion if I decided to go with a few girlfriends to score and we get robbed I do not believe any of us would call the cops and or admitt to being at that location to buy illeagal drugs and instead got robbed. Does anyone else see this as a little Fishy? I am trying to understand the reasoning behind the confession and the fact that each of these young women know Misty is involved in a high profile child abduction case and the publicity and LE involvement would be all over the media within seconds of exposure.

My opinion- these girls are possibly *known* drug users, by LE. They have gone to an area that is *known* by LE, as a place to buy drugs. It does not take a lot to connect the dots. And some individuals, when questioned by LE, actually tell the truth. WHAT A CONCEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet baby photo!!

According to Art Harris:

"they stopped at a Putnam County hospital so Misty could be treated for bruises and scratches she sustained Monday night when, according to Palatka assistant police chief James Griffith, she and two girlfriends fought off three unidentified men who stole their purses.

The robbery happened about 8:15 p.m., when the driver of the car Misty was riding in was walking back from an apartment complex she’d stopped at to buy illegal drugs, said Griffith.

Melinda Santmyer, 22, told police that Misty and Brandy Steedley, 18, were waiting in the car when out of nowhere came three unidentified black males who snatched their purses.

“One of them had a gun Misty told me,” said Hank Croslin who spoke to me Tuesday night from Satsuma.

Griffith said the Ragsdale Apartment Complex off Moody Road is a public housing project, and while at least one of the women said she stopped to buy drugs, “the other two were victims of a violent crime” that’s being further investigated.

While Misty chased after the robber, she told police she got back into the car with Steedley, who drove off. Officers say they found Santmyer at the apartments where she ran to hide.

Griffith said at first police were told the three were at the complex so that one could visit a friend. He said police later learned the mission had been to buy drugs, but didn’t know what they were allegedly looking for."

Participating in an act of road rage, allegedly attempting to obtain illegal substances, tsk tsk.

According to this website:http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/illegal-drugs-in-florida-worth-the-risk-97781.php ,

snip~What Is Illegal?

Drug crimes are the most common criminal charges in Florida. Illegal substance abuse ranges from occasional experimentation to serious drug addiction and the demand for drugs fuels a dangerous black market. Possessors, manufacturers, importers, buyers and sellers violate Florida law and place themselves in danger of a range of sentences, including the death penalty for the gravest crimes.

A drug crime may involve either an illegal substance, or a prescription drug obtained or used unlawfully. ~end snip

A person attempting to purchase drugs would be breaking a law. I am beginning to wonder if Misty Croslin -Cummings is immune from charges in the state of Florida. The one person that Putnam County officials claim is the "key" to the answers in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings doesn't appear to be of interest to them. Misty is alone, divorced and no longer protected by Haleigh's father and yet it seems she is no longer of interest to them. Curiouser and curiouser.

So, apparently the one girl did know someone at the complex, since LE found her there after the incident. If 2-3 men attacked me and stole my money, I would not be sticking around that place for any length of time. I would have run in the opposite direction. I'm sure there is more to this story, it'll come out eventually. Seems that one of those girls likes to talk.

Elle, Hank Sr is quoted as having talked to Misty after her scare...while he might not be currently living with her, it appears she has contact with her family on a regular basis and in crisis situations.

Elle, Hank Sr is quoted as having talked to Misty after her scare...while he might not be currently living with her, it appears she has contact with her family on a regular basis and in crisis situations.

Thank you debs but quite honestly you are speaking of a man that I feel failed his child long ago and I do not consider him adequate support. MO

So, apparently the one girl did know someone at the complex, since LE found her there after the incident. If 2-3 men attacked me and stole my money, I would not be sticking around that place for any length of time. I would have run in the opposite direction. I'm sure there is more to this story, it'll come out eventually. Seems that one of those girls likes to talk.

Yes. By all means, I believe we should just stop looking at Misty's behavior that put her into a situation where this could occur. Whether she was there to get drugs for herself, or just riding along in the car, MISTY! made her choice to be where she was.

Misty isn't an ingenue. She is not an innocent. She may have been mugged and by definition she is a victim, but then one must take into awareness the victimology: What did the victim do to put herself into harm's way. This is not "blaming the victim" but making sure that there is an awareness of the dangers of ........oh, I don't know........going into a dark, known drug area where the violence is well known and expecting to feel safe as one stands on a street.

Yes. By all means, I believe we should just stop looking at Misty's behavior that put her into a situation where this could occur. Whether she was there to get drugs for herself, or just riding along in the car, MISTY! made her choice to be where she was.

Misty isn't an ingenue. She is not an innocent. She may have been mugged and by definition she is a victim, but then one must take into awareness the victimology: What did the victim do to put herself into harm's way. This is not "blaming the victim" but making sure that there is an awareness of the dangers of ........oh, I don't know........going into a dark, known drug area where the violence is well known and expecting to feel safe as one stands on a street.

It's a free world, bbm, she has every right just as anyone of us, to go somewhere and not be a victim of violence. Regardless, these bad dudes would have robbed Mother Tereasa had she been there with a covered basket of muffins for an occupant of the apartments.

Um, ok, do that if ya want. And as far as Misty being an innocent and ingenue, those are your words, my post you quoted said no such thing, nor did it say anything about "blaming the victim". Matter of fact, from your post I have no idea why you quoted mine.

But to answer, I tend not to blame victims of crime. Now if they got hurt in the commission of their own crime that is a totally different ball game. No one was arrested so I guess LE doesn't think the girls committed a crime. It's not fair to say a victim was "asking for it" because it was dark or they went to visit a friend at a place where crimes are known to occur. If I could only go places there where no crimes were known to take place I couldn't go anywhere.

gen_1.1.gif
[SIZE=+1]
What is the age of majority in Florida? Can I file a petition for emancipation as a minor?
[/SIZE]

The age of majority in FL is 18 years old.
In Florida, an emancipation petition is one for "Removal of the Disabilities of Nonage," pursuant to the Florida Statutes,Chapter 743. See http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0743/titl0743.htm 743.01 Removal of disabilities of married minors.--The disability of nonage of a minor who is married or has been married or subsequently becomes married, including one whose marriage is dissolved, or who is widowed, or widowered, is removed. The minor may assume the management of his or her estate, contract and be contracted with, sue and be sued, and perform all acts that he or she could do if not a minor.

It is unfortunate that Misty is now considered an adult IMO-she needs someone looking out for her clearly.

Thanks, Curve.......I wish that people would stop throwing that pic up as though it is current. I've gotten tired of repeating myself that it is an old picture!

This statement is very telling to me. Do you think it played out like this?
They had given the money to someone for the drugs. This person does not come back. (This is not uncommon in the drug world) So, Santmyer gets out to look for him. (This is not uncommon in the drug world) Muggers show up at car. This just goes to show, you can't trust your drug dealer. jmo

~BBM~

Two or three unidentified black males approached their car and reportedly grabbed Croslin and stole her purse.

She managed to get into the car, and Steedley drove away -- leaving Santmyer behind to flee on foot, police said.

Investigating officers reportedly interviewed Santmyer at an apartment in the complex.

"She told officers that they came to the apartment complex attempting to buy drugs," according to the police department report. "She stated that she got out of the car to look for an unidentified man they gave money to for drugs.
"As she was going back to the vehicle the unidentified suspects came up to them" and stole Croslin's purse.

~snip~

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/102109/news_2103484.shtml

According to Art Harris:

"they stopped at a Putnam County hospital so Misty could be treated for bruises and scratches she sustained Monday night when, according to Palatka assistant police chief James Griffith, she and two girlfriends fought off three unidentified men who stole their purses.

The robbery happened about 8:15 p.m., when the driver of the car Misty was riding in was walking back from an apartment complex she’d stopped at to buy illegal drugs, said Griffith.

Melinda Santmyer, 22, told police that Misty and Brandy Steedley, 18, were waiting in the car when out of nowhere came three unidentified black males who snatched their purses.

“One of them had a gun Misty told me,” said Hank Croslin who spoke to me Tuesday night from Satsuma.

Griffith said the Ragsdale Apartment Complex off Moody Road is a public housing project, and while at least one of the women said she stopped to buy drugs, “the other two were victims of a violent crime” that’s being further investigated.

While Misty chased after the robber, she told police she got back into the car with Steedley, who drove off. Officers say they found Santmyer at the apartments where she ran to hide.

Griffith said at first police were told the three were at the complex so that one could visit a friend. He said police later learned the mission had been to buy drugs, but didn’t know what they were allegedly looking for."

bbm, this part is clear as mud imo

Participating in an act of road rage, allegedly attempting to obtain illegal substances, tsk tsk.

According to this website:http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/illegal-drugs-in-florida-worth-the-risk-97781.php ,

snip~What Is Illegal?

Drug crimes are the most common criminal charges in Florida. Illegal substance abuse ranges from occasional experimentation to serious drug addiction and the demand for drugs fuels a dangerous black market. Possessors, manufacturers, importers, buyers and sellers violate Florida law and place themselves in danger of a range of sentences, including the death penalty for the gravest crimes.

A drug crime may involve either an illegal substance, or a prescription drug obtained or used unlawfully. ~end snip

A person attempting to purchase drugs would be breaking a law. I am beginning to wonder if Misty Croslin -Cummings is immune from charges in the state of Florida. The one person that Putnam County officials claim is the "key" to the answers in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings doesn't appear to be of interest to them. Misty is alone, divorced and no longer protected by Haleigh's father and yet it seems she is no longer of interest to them. Curiouser and curiouser.
bbm
Hi elle! I suspect that LE is not interested in pressing minor charges against Misty. Either they are waiting for some information to confirm what they think she might have done in order to press significant charges, or they have decided that she played an unintentional role in the abduction of Haleigh and are looking elsewhere for the perp. JMO

ugh. I wish AH would leave his keyboard alone with reports of this case.

bbm
Hi elle! I suspect that LE is not interested in pressing minor charges against Misty. Either they are waiting for some information to confirm what they think she might have done in order to press significant charges, or they have decided that she played an unintentional role in the abduction of Haleigh and are looking elsewhere for the perp. JMO

Hi kamky. I agree, I was injecting sarcasm into the latest tidbit.

Truly, I am getting impatient with PCSO and if they are as convinced of Misty's involvement as they have presented themselves to be by labeling her as the "key" and "consistently inconsistent", I find myself wondering how long they are going to allow their "key" to remain vulnerable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugar4Mama
Back