MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have you made LE aware of your concerns? Maybe they have no idea about the other side of the house?

I'm wondering if she was buried there before and was moved a while ago. If they were hauling dirt away, wouldn't they be able to test if there had been a body in the ground before? Would DNA be able to be extracted from this?

I don't know... I think they were more thorough than you might think:

"They did say, though, that they were grateful to return home and for media coverage telling Amy’s story. They said investigators seemed to take some of her paperwork but returned her things to boxes and put everything in their yard, such as stone pavers, back in place."

This case has me intrigued as I lived on that street within a dozen houses away when Amy went missing. I vividly recall that house and the general state of disrepair it was in at that time and it appears from photos and video that the situation has not changed.

I moved out around the end of 1989, I had no knowledge that this girl had gone missing at the time. My daughter who was 9 at the time casually knew the younger girl. I recall telling her strictly that she was forbidden to go into that house after she reported she had been in there.

At the time Amy went missing, my daughter tells me that the inside of the house had no carpeting. She also states that it appeared to be a hoarder situation or close to becoming one.

What disturbs me is this: I remember that as we were preparing to move, the appearance of some heavy landscaping equipment, and also the night digging. This was not 1993. This was 1989. I recall thinking "why are they doing landscape when the house clearly needs to be painted, windows repaired, etc?" Then I pondered the urgency of the night digging, the lights being on on the loaders, etc. Around that time the front landscaping project appeared, the stacked wall containing the birch. And I remember thinking "so they spent all that money on renting equipment and the end result looks shoddy at best?" I must apologize for my judgmental thoughts however it just didn't make any sense to me, to lay out that type of money for a landscape project and to have an amateur at best end result.

My question now is, from the looks of what I can gather, where they dug was behind the garage. Why didn't they dig up that front area with the raised stacked stone work and the birch trees? That and the perimeter landscape was the focus of that landscape project within the next 60 days after her disappearance. The house sat on that lot wide open as you can see from the other homes on that street until Amy disappeared. Then the landscape project ensued. I drove past this house twice a day for at least 4 years, nothing changed until the end.

Also, the brick work on the front of the house. On the far right, next to the lower window, that is the original brick work. The brick on these homes was decorative only. What would necessitate them to tear off 3/4 of the brick, and then replace it with shoddy mismatched brick?

One last question and this has been bothering me. It was pointed out to me that on the step dad's facebook page, he posted a link to an article regarding the Jacob Wetterling case on what appears to be the same day police interviewed the Pagnac's in their home. Just days before the search warrant was issued.

Any insight would be welcome. Thank you
RSBM

Wow, ewesea... that was a very observant post ! I have a feeling if Amy was buried there, she has been moved.
:moo:

Hmmmm. Whatever would they want baby teeth for?

<modsnip>

Two-and-a-half decades after her oldest daughter went missing, Pagnac says her daughter&#8217;s room was meticulously sifted through.

&#8220;They took a lot of Amy&#8217;s art and schoolwork papers, notes, things, a lot of the stuff that Amy had, they took,&#8221; she said.

They even took some of Amy&#8217;s baby teeth.

<modsnip>

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/...r-sister-thankful-for-thorough-investigation/

I thought they already had family DNA for Amy. Why would they need more? Or am I mistaken?

Craft projects could include fingerprinting or clay pots or something she would've handled as well.

You beat me to it! I just saw this article as well.

This is good news!

Will someone please transcript the conference at 3? Or just a brief rundown? At work and will be stuck here for awhile.

Are they searching at the actual farm, or nearby? The WCCO article made it sound like it was not their actual property, but very close by...

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/06/03/police-another-search-warrant-executed-in-pagnac-case/

The area is near the farm where her father, Marshall Midden, spent the day with Pagnac before she went missing. It&#8217;s not immediately clear if the farm was a part of Monday&#8217;s search warrant."

I'm so glad there is activity again so quickly after the search of the house. Something at the house pointed them to this particular spot nearby the farm

Watching the live video, it really looks like they are digging in one very specific site, about 1/4mi away from a big outbuilding (big storage garage) in a cropping of trees.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back