MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good chance her step dad had a connection to that spot in 1989. They were coming back from a farm in Isanti that day she went missing.

Someone clearly gave them a tip. Probably figured 25 years is long enough and came forward.

Maybe it was something they found in the house in last week's search that led them to this site?

I wonder whether they would say straight away if they found human remains?

If they are digging at the farm, it is highly unlikely she was taken by a stranger at the gas station.

What could they have possibly found in the house that would have them digging somewhere?

Or did they use the objects for a dog to point them in the direction?

I wonder whether they would say straight away if they found human remains?

They might not. They might wait until they had a positive ID. Some LE will say right away but others don't.

Are they still digging at the farm? I haven't seen any updates.

It sounds like they probably are, according to this article from the Tuesday press conference: Terlinden estimated the search would be about a five-day process, but he hopes the search will conclude by Friday.

I couldn't find any information more recent than that.

Some (not very interesting) photos of the search team: http://www.startribune.com/galleries/261724461.html

Video from Fox: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/25680832/amy-pagnac-search-warrant-stanchfield

These are photos of the search at the house: http://www.startribune.com/galleries/259803991.html

Some info on the initial police interview and about bullying from a classmate

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/263170601.html

Parents thought she was promiscuous. OK. That is often an indication of sexual abuse,

65 calls from the house re runaway!!! 65!!!

And no one thought that perhaps some kind of intervention might be needed?

Remember, she was 13 years old. That is young for that kind of behavior.

Parents thought she was promiscuous. OK. That is often an indication of sexual abuse,

65 calls from the house re runaway!!! 65!!!

And no one thought that perhaps some kind of intervention might be needed?

Remember, she was 13 years old. That is young for that kind of behavior.

The article said there have been 65 calls from that address over the past 30 years. Amy has been gone for nearly 25 of those 30 years. Why doesn't the article clarify how many calls were made before Amy went missing, & how many were made after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping for an update. Hopefully LE found something, anything, that can solve this.
I read the article linked above, and now even more red flags are raising in regard to the Pagnacs. What the heck was going on in that house?
Amy was only 13 and had just finished 7th grade when she went missing. When kids start to rebel and want to drink, etc., it's more typical to see runaways in the 15 and 16 year old age range. 13 seems very young for all of that.

Quoted from the article:
Police had responded to the house for several runaway reports that summer, according to a record of 65 calls to the address in the past 30 years. In the summer of 1989, police responded to a juvenile runaway report May 2. Then on June 28, there was a reported domestic assault, which Pagnac said was Amy having a seizure and accidentally flailing her arm up at her mother. Two juvenile runaway calls were reported June 29 followed by another the next day.....
Garland said Amy’s parents were frustrated with her running away repeatedly, suspecting she was wandering off to have sex or drink alcohol.

I just think anyone who is attempting to run away before they even start 8th grade is trying to get away from something at home. I didn't want to judge these parents too harshly but it's hard not to.
What kind of parents says that their 13 year old kept running off to have sex and drink? This mother is a total weirdo.

This article states that the mom and the sister didn't go to the farm because the sister had an event to attend that day. I thought the sister was home sick and the mom was home with her???
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4587148-cold-case-what-ever-happened-to-amy-sue-pagnac-/

The home sick story is what I was told.

Maybe they were supposed to attend an event, but then Amy's sister became ill, so she (the sister) & the mother had to stay home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am honestly hurt by all the assumptions and suspicions that have come from this thread. The news will complete an hour interview, and then air maybe 30 seconds of it, or summarize everything that was stated into a short 1/16th of a page story. The missing children posters summarize the descriptions in to even less, a few very short sentences. The family has NO control over what the news reports, and what they leave out.
There is currently a girl missing in Anoka for 2 weeks and there has been NO reports in the media, besides a few individuals trying to get the word out on social media. Unless the police make a call to the media, a missing person is not considered news.
Also, the search at the property in Isanti has concluded. Only one media outlet covered it and it wasn't even mentioned in the 6/15/14 newspaper report. I wonder what else has been intentionally or unintentionally left out as well.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3465917.shtml

All people can go by is what LE does.

They hauled in equipment and did things at the home and the farm.

What conclusions can one draw from those events?

Amy was not promiscuous, did not drink alcohol, did not do drugs. She was a good person, and a good girl. She was a very caring, forgiving, and gentle person. Please stop telling, and repeating these lies about her. It is very mean and it serves no useful purpose toward finding Amy and bringing her home. She is still a good person and a good young woman. Can you imagine if she happens to read these horrific things, how do you think it is going to make her feel? For the record, we never made those statements to the police officer when he came to our house the day she went missing. And if you read a little further you'll find that the reporter even says we dispute his statement. Her real friends and their parents will also say the same thing, Amy was a very good person and a good girl.

There have been a lot of statements made where things have been left out, and they have been totally incorrect statements on this current thread.

Number 1, Amy and her father stopped at the gas station to get gas, which he got, he paid for the gas, and then went to the bathroom.
Number 2, when they finally started to look for Amy in earnest in 1990, they actually used that receipt to establish the time line, along with interviewing other people, one of which saw Amy and her father leave our house about 11 in the morning, and the neighbor at the farm saw Amy and her father leave the farm that day.
Also in 1990, two private investigators worked on the case with Maple Grove police department, one of which worked to rescue children that were victims of trafficking. It is from him that Lt. Markgraf and our family first learned that both he and his partner had spotted Amy at a strip club. As it was explained to us, this was not a place where children had any choices. Unfortunately, before they could rescue her, according to this investigator, she had been moved to a new location. Trust me, this is the last thing a parent wants to hear.
There were two other sightings, one in Minneapolis by someone who had known her before she had gone missing, and another one out on the west coast at some form of a bus or train station. Lt. Markgraf read from the report and hears what he said it said. A person, who did not leave contact information, stated that they had spoken with a girl that identified herself as Amy Pagnac and the main reason the call was made was they felt that Amy was too young to be with the people she was with. There other reports, but not as reliable as all the information that was in these two. We have not been told of anything since about 1992.

As for the person that called the attention to our landscaping and made some other untrue statements, I suggest that if they think they actually know something, that they go to the police.

Amy's family -- we still want Amy found, please help bring her home.

Hi Spagnac - Welcome to Websleuths and I am so sorry about your daughter.

I know that there are many wonderful people here at WS who would love to help you find Amy. If you would like to have people sleuth all possibilities as to what may have happened to her, you have found a great community here of people who are willing to help.

I'm not sure of all of the terms of service here but I do know that if you want to become verified as an insider to this case you can notify a mod and they can help you with that. You are not required to become verified but if you do not, the things that you type here can only be considered to be a rumor and not fact.

Do you have copies of the police reports for the sightings that you describe above?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back