MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone submitted an FOIA request to try to obtain more information? I am very curious to see the complete initial police report. I have only seen pieces of it on a Facebook page. The Facebook page is found by searching "Where is Amy Sue Pagnac". I called the Maple Grove PD and asked them if signatures were required on police reports back in 1989 and the officer that I spoke to stated that a signature by the person filing the report, either Marshall or Susan, would have been required. Of course she wouldn't comment specially on Amy's case since it is an open case and an ongoing investigation. I just can't imagine that either of them would have signed a report riddled with errors.
Do we have a "how to submit FOIA request" anywhere on WS? My search isn't working (I'm the issue not WS) - I'd be willing to do it but just don't know how.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OK - I've made contact with Maple Grove PD to initiate the FOIA Request. Will let you know what happens.

Awesome. That was fast. If there is a cost I'd be happy to contribute, just let me know.

OK - I've made contact with Maple Grove PD to initiate the FOIA Request. Will let you know what happens.

The previous posts by Amy's mom mention two reports. The first one, which the family has publicly disputed, and one made shortly after to a Lt. which was supposed to correct the first one.

a large majority of missing children are murdered by their family or caretaker. the police have to start with the inner circle, then go out to other possible suspects. if they have not been able to clear the father (who is close family AND the last person to see her), it is difficult to investigate other possibilities. the parents of missing children do get a large amount of scrutiny. And I feel bad when they are subjected to that treatment and are innocent, but not all are.

Actually, a large majority of missing children are found alive. About 99.8%

http://www.pollyklaas.org/about/national-child-kidnapping.html

If you follow the link to "non Family" kidnappings in the NISMART II document, you can find this quote:

"Teenagers were by far the most frequent victims of both stereotypical kidnappings and nonfamily abductions."

Actually, a large majority of missing children are found alive. About 99.8%

http://www.pollyklaas.org/about/national-child-kidnapping.html

If you follow the link to "non Family" kidnappings in the NISMART II document, you can find this quote:

"Teenagers were by far the most frequent victims of both stereotypical kidnappings and nonfamily abductions."

Sadly, when missing for this period of time it is vanishingly rare for any child to be found alive (although there are a handful of well-known cases). I hope very much that Amy will turn out to be one of those very rare cases.

When any person is killed, it is far more likely to be a family member or somebody else close to the victim. Without solid proof that Amy is alive, the police know she is more likely to be dead (very possibly murdered) and they have to consider everyone who was close to Amy. Even immediate family. This is not unique to Amy's case.

The previous posts by Amy's mom mention two reports. The first one, which the family has publicly disputed, and one made shortly after to a Lt. which was supposed to correct the first one.
I will make every attempt to get both versions! Thank you for the reminder of the corrections.

The file uploader doesn't seem to be working for me, but if someone wants to look it up, there is a story in the Maple Grove Osseo Press on Wednesday August 23 1989. Describes a search for a man first noticed missing on August 20th (fifteen days after Amy went missing). He was believed to have drowned in Weaver Lake. The police searched for him for several months, never named him, and apparently (from talking to people who vaguely remember the event) they froze his accounts. Not sure if that is relevant, but reviewing the paper for several months before and after Amy's disappearance is an interesting experience. No resolution to this case is ever published in the paper. It's extremely weird.
Man missing in August.jpg Man missing in August.jpgMan missing in August.jpgMan missing in August.jpgMan missing in August.jpg

Osseo paper about escalating crime in Maple Grove.jpg

Here is an article about escalating crime in Maple Grove. Again from the Osseo Maple Grove Press.

Gun incedent at Osseo Junior High.jpg

An article on a gun incident at Osseo Junior High. Unfortunately, I don't remember if this was the 5th of May before, or the 5th of May after Amy disappeared. But I think it does show that the time around when Amy disappeared, there were, in fact, serious issues at her school and in the area at the time of her disappearance.

View attachment 107589

An article on a gun incident at Osseo Junior High. Unfortunately, I don't remember if this was the 5th of May before, or the 5th of May after Amy disappeared. But I think it does show that the time around when Amy disappeared, there were, in fact, serious issues at her school and in the area at the time of her disappearance.

What were the reasons given by Amy for her running away from home?

Armed Robberies of small businesses in Maple Grove.jpg
A story about armed robberies of local small businesses, including a convenience store, which was robbed three days after Amy disappeared. With serial armed robberies in the immediate area, is it possible that Amy somehow saw something suspicious and they had to stop their activities and deal with her?

You would need to ask the person who collated the statistics. Remember, though, that just because a child is classified as a "runaway, all that means is that they are absent without permission. After all, the three women rescued from that Castro guy were classified as runaways, and only reclassified when the true circumstances of their disappearance became known after they were found.

What were the reasons given by Amy for her running away from home?

Do you know that Amy ran away from home? If you have evidence that she was a runaway, you should share that with the police.

Do you know that Amy ran away from home? If you have evidence that she was a runaway, you should share that with the police.

It is too hard for me to look back at all of the posts on here as my internet is so bad. But it is listed on here several times. I believe she even went to a place for runaways in the Cities. The police reports are listed as I recall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back