MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The bridge serves a wide range of youth. At the time, there were not wide spread awareness of a lot of diagnoses, and many are new; oppositional defiant disorder, Autism, pervasive developmental diagnosis, social communication disorder and so on and so on. The treatments and medications are still constantly changing as patterns are identified. The bridge was a place where youth could go to 'take a break', that was safer alternative than running away. If Amy's parents thought she had gone there, she must have gone there before. She's been described as social. If she met someone there, who was troubled, and also lived locally, would she have developed a friendship? Could she have gotten out of the car at the gas station to talk to this person, expecting to chat?
She's also been described as bullied. Could she have seen someone she knew from school, gotten out, and then something worse than being pushed down the stairs on crutches happened? I was following the stories on Facebook, and the comments on there were very mean not only to the family, but in some cases to Amy herself. Why speak so ill of someone who had a tragedy occur?
I'm really just trying to look at things from a different angle. I hope that the police were able to gather quite a list of people to talk to based off of the comments that inferred, or straight out stated they knew something about the case.

I was thinking about the dad having to stop to go to the restroom even though it wasn't much farther to get home, but if his stomach was upset or if he suffered from something like IBS or Colitis he may not have had a choice. I am still wondering what the medical procedure was for that they left town. Was he the one having the procedure? There may not be anything suspicious about him stopping at the gas station if it was health related.

From what I've read, the father stopped to get gas, then went to the restroom (no reference right now). I think the medical procedure was for the mother - no idea what it was for.

Sometime it takes a long time to get an appointment for a medical problem. Perhaps this is why the parents didn't cancel; perhaps it could have been serious, too.

The Bridge is interesting (for homeless youth). I live in the area and would never have known about it. I cannot help but wonder why the parents did.

From what I've read, the father stopped to get gas, then went to the restroom (no reference right now). I think the medical procedure was for the mother - no idea what it was for.

Sometime it takes a long time to get an appointment for a medical problem. Perhaps this is why the parents didn't cancel; perhaps it could have been serious, too.

The Bridge is interesting (for homeless youth). I live in the area and would never have known about it. I cannot help but wonder why the parents did.

It is very strange to me that if my 13 year old child was missing that I would just go and leave the home.

No wonder LE did not take the report as that serious if the parents were not that concerned.

If she had been at the Bridge, staff know the clients. I am sure if they were interviewed, they would have information

Maybe they did not cancel the medical procedure because she had run away and come back before and they assumed this was the case again? I still don't know what the procedure was but the wait for the next appointment may have been so long that they decided to go ahead, especially if it was to fix a bothersome problem.

Maybe they did not cancel the medical procedure because she had run away and come back before and they assumed this was the case again? I still don't know what the procedure was but the wait for the next appointment may have been so long that they decided to go ahead, especially if it was to fix a bothersome problem.

Would you leave your 13 year old daughter alone even if she wasn't a runaway?

I do not know of people who leave a 13 year old home alone overnight.

The Minneapolis area has tons of hospitals.

Rochester , if going to the Mayo, is not that far away.

In 1989, lots of people would have, especially in less urban areas. It was starting to change, but in most of the country, it was a different world and a kid that age would have been expected to be able to take care of herself for a day or two.

I know it's different now, but that was 25 years ago.

I have children that are older than that. (Amy's age)

I live rurally. It would have been a cold day in you know where that I or any if my friends would have left a 13 year old alone overnight.

Osseo/Maple Grove was not rural 25 years ago. Allowing a 13-year-old to be home alone overnight then or now would be asking for huge trouble. Even for the most responsible of 13-year-olds. Stuff happens.

I'm not saying you would have. I'm saying that in 1989 there were a lot of reasonable responsible parents who would have.

I agree. I was 11 years old in 1989, and I lived in Boulder, Colorado which isn't rural at all. My parents were very responsible, but they both worked full-time and I was sometimes left home alone without a babysitter. I was mature for my age and never got into any trouble.

I try not to judge other people's parenting styles. There are just so many variables involved.

Apparently Amy had issues with running away as well as some kind of medical conditions that caused seizures? Or?

At any rate, it appears she had some kind of medical issues. Leaving her to fend for herself?

It boggles the mind

I am not completely clear what you are talking about, regarding leaving town for some kind of a medical condition. I don't want to make any assumptions. Could you please tell me: Are you talking about going out at town for an appointment for Amy? Are you talking about going out of town for an appointment for the whole family? Are you talking about an appointment for the youngest child? What are you talking about? What timeframe are you talking about? a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, after she went missing? Could you be more precise in what you are talking about.

I am not completely clear what you are talking about, regarding leaving town for some kind of a medical condition. I don't want to make any assumptions. Could you please tell me: Are you talking about going out at town for an appointment for Amy? Are you talking about going out of town for an appointment for the whole family? Are you talking about an appointment for the youngest child? What are you talking about? What timeframe are you talking about? a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, after she went missing? Could you be more precise in what you are talking about.

That is what we are wondering. It was reported that the family left town for a medical procedure while Amy was missing.

It was reported that Amy had run away before so they were not worried.

I will look for the link, although it is on here.

Here it is.

Going for a medical procedure. No clear amount of time for the amount of time

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/05/20/original-police-report-released-in-amy-pagnac-search/

“We’re trying to find Amy. That’s kind of a broad spectrum, I get that but that’s why we’re here,” said Capt. Keith Terlinden, of the Maple Grove Police.
Also of note in the original report, Amy’s parents had said they were going out of town for some type of medical procedure for a few days after Amy went missing.

Yes there was a witness that saw Amy and her father leaves the farm. A private investigator is the one that found that witness, and provided the information to the police.

This same private investigator found somebody that had known Amy prior to her going missing. This person stated that she had talked to Amy. It was sometime within the 1st 2 weeks of her going missing. This information was also provided to the police.

Susan,

I think it's wonderful that you try to answer questions that have popped up in your daughters case and my heart goes out to you also. Did the police ever verify this info that the private investigator provided them...and did the witness that saw them leave the farm ever identify themselves publicly? Also you mentioned that Amy made statements about why she wasn't home...is this something you can explain in detail?

Lieut. Markgraf was the investigator from Maple Grove Police Department that handled the case originally. He is the person who informed me of the private investigator's findings. I gave Lieut. Markgraf the keys to our farm, he did go up there and looked around the farm and also spoke with the neighbors.

The neighbor at the farm that saw Amy and her father leave, along with the gas receipt, were two of the pieces of information which was used to establish that part of the timeline for Saturday, August 5.

regarding this part of your question: "...Amy prior to her going missing. This person stated that she had talked to Amy. It was sometime within the 1st 2 weeks of her going missing. This information was also provided to the police."

I do not believe he ever spoke to this individual.

Lieut. Markgraf was the investigator from Maple Grove Police Department that handled the case originally. He is the person who informed me of the private investigator's findings. I gave Lieut. Markgraf the keys to our farm, he did go up there and looked around the farm and also spoke with the neighbors.

The neighbor at the farm that saw Amy and her father leave, along with the gas receipt, were two of the pieces of information which was used to establish that part of the timeline for Saturday, August 5.

Thank you for the responses. Susan, can you clarify the exact timeline that was created for that entire day while noting the exact time listed on the gas receipt...when approx they left the farm... and also what time you received the terrible call from Marshal? I just want to help clear the air which will help the case.

Does anyone know how long amy and marshall were at the farm. the report says they left around noon and were at the gas station around 5pm. maybe about 3 hours at the farm tending crops? That doesn't seem like a lot of time to tend crops. We have 3 acres of crops and it can take all day to tend maybe a 1/2 acre of crops. weird time frame imo. If they took hwy 169 to get to stanchfield from maple grove it would take about 1 hour and 1 minutes according to mapquest. so they would have had to have been driving over two hours round trip and that wouldn't leave much time to tend anything.

Does anyone know how long amy and marshall were at the farm. the report says they left around noon and were at the gas station around 5pm. maybe about 3 hours at the farm tending crops? That doesn't seem like a lot of time to tend crops. We have 3 acres of crops and it can take all day to tend maybe a 1/2 acre of crops. weird time frame imo. If they took hwy 169 to get to stanchfield from maple grove it would take about 1 hour and 1 minutes according to mapquest. so they would have had to have been driving over two hours round trip and that wouldn't leave much time to tend anything.

We have no idea what was planted and what needed tending.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back