Found Alive MN - B B, 5, Bemidji, 22 June 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh so glad she has been found!

I think there is going to be a press conference in about 15 minutes. http://www.startribune.com/woman-de...-a-godmother-to-missing-5-year-old/384109011/
Bemidji Police Chief Mike Mastin and others in law enforcement scheduled the news conference for 1 p.m. Thursday to discuss the fire and Brittany's brief disappearance.

I forgot that I'm an hour ahead. Ten years on the East Coast, and I'm still living on Central time.

I, too, am thrilled with this outcome. I expected the worst. I'm so glad that her dad said she's "safe and tired." It is terrible that a lady she obviously liked to spend time with has been lost to some senseless crime. And her 14-year-old son has lost a mother. At least we know that he has other family support. After all, he was staying with family in the area. The girl, no doubt, has been traumatized. I wonder if she was on foot the whole time. Whoever had her didn't get very far.

KSTP ‏@KSTP 15m15 minutes ago
Bemidji news conference starts with Chief Mike Mastin.

KSTP ‏@KSTP 14m14 minutes ago
Mastin is explaining details of the fire that destroyed mobile home and a body found.

5-year-old *BB was determined missing.

Mastin: Search of area including 50 law enforcement officers was unsuccessful.

KSTP ‏@KSTP 13m13 minutes ago
Mastin: 32-year-old Jacob W. Kinn was person of interest. Met with police. Led police to girl. He is in Beltrami County Jail.

KSTPVerified account ‏@KSTP 10m10 minutes ago
BCA agent speaking: She said *BB was found in pop up camper that is on property of relative of suspect.

KSTP ‏@KSTP 12m12 minutes ago
Mastin: Still investigating to see if others are involved.

KSTP ‏@KSTP 11m11 minutes ago
Adult found in burned home was victim of homicide

KSTPVerified account ‏@KSTP 6m6 minutes ago
*BB was found about 5:20 a.m. Thursday. Police still need to interview her

KSTPVerified account ‏@KSTP 4m4 minutes ago
Cell tracking led BCA to pop up trailer where *BB was being held.

KSTP ‏@KSTP 5m5 minutes ago
The news conference has ended.

KSTP ‏@KSTP 19s20 seconds ago
The suspect in the kidnapping of *BB had previous child *advertiser censored* conviction. http://kstp.mn/93imh

https://twitter.com/KSTP

*Due to situation re suspect, childs name altered to initials by me

Thank you so much for bringing those tweets/updates here Skibaboo and for respectfully changing her name to initials...much appreciated! :tyou:

I'd like to know why he was not charged with solicitation of a minor and why Minnesota's maximum sentence for soliciting sex with a minor is only three years.

Bemidji Police Department

PRESS RELEASE

On June 22nd, 2016 at approximately 03:30 hours the Bemidji Police and Fire Departments were dispatched to a report of house fire in the 3900 block on Irvine Avenue. Upon arrival, they discovered the house was fully engulfed in flames. After the Bemidji Fire Department gained control of the fire, an adult body was discovered deceased inside the residence. The body has been sent to the Ramsey County Medical Examiners Office for positive identification. That information will be released after proper family notification.

Additionally, during the investigation it was discovered that 5 year old, BRB had been visiting the residence the evening the fire occurred. After a complete processing of the fire scene by local law enforcement and the Minnesota BCA crime scene team, B had not been located.

Numerous law enforcement agencies including; the Minnesota BCA, the Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office, FBI, Bureau of Indian Affairs, the State Fire Marshal and the Paul Bunyan Drug Taskforce have joined the Bemidji Police Department in our efforts determine what happened in early morning hours of June 22nd at this residence and to find BB.

Yesterday a search of the area, including a large wooded and swampy area, was conducted by more than 50 law enforcement officers and volunteers from the Bemidji Fire Department, Beltrami County Posse, Civil Air Patrol, Citizen Patrol and Bemidji Police Reserves. This search was unsuccessful in locating BB. Officers also canvassed the neighborhood talking with residents who may have seen anything suspicious or may be able to provide information valuable to this case.

In the late evening of hours of June 22, Jacob William Kinn, age 32 was identified as a person of interest. Mr. Kinn voluntarily came to the Bemidji Police Department to speak with detectives. After this conversation, BCA agents traveled to an area near Big Fork, MN and located BB. Jacob William Kinn has been arrested for kidnapping and is currently in the Beltrami County Jail awaiting formal charges.

This continues to be a complex ongoing investigation. We are now looking at learning everything we can about the timeline, the motive, and whether anyone else was involved. It doesn’t appear to be the case, but we’re still looking into that possibility. I wish to sincerely thank the public and all of the assisting law enforcement and public safety agencies that continue to assist in the investigation.

Thank you, Mike Mastin, Chief of Police

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1081796825223369&id=563774980358892

Oh no. Don't like the sounds of this. He had her for over 24 hours. :(

I am so sick of these pedofile', there everywhere! I just don't get it... is it the Internet that causing this rise?

Oh no. Don't like the sounds of this. He had her for over 24 hours. :(

In this mornings presser it said she hadn't been interviewed by LE yet, but I sure hope she was taken to the hospital for a forensic exam before any evidence is lost.

I am so sick of these pedofile', there everywhere! I just don't get it... is it the Internet that causing this rise?

I think the internet is making us more aware of them. It is terrifying how many are living in society, all around us!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b
Back