Found Alive MN - B B, 5, Bemidji, 22 June 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A good ending scenario - if the child felt somehow responsible for the fire, and is hiding because she thinks she's in trouble? Wishful thinking?

[h=1]Woman dead in Bemidji fire was 'like a godmother' to missing 5-year-old[/h]
BBwas visiting the home of Melissa “Missy” Norby when fire destroyed the residence early Wednesday, said B’s aunt.“Missy was a close family friend” of Bs parents, said aunt TS. “She’s like a godmother to B. A very, very nice lady.”
B is the youngest of five children aged 18 and under of Amanda and Scott B, who live on the west side of Bemidji, Smith said.
Smith said Norby’s 14-year-old son also lived in the mobile home, but he was out of town visiting family and friends at the time of the fire in the 3900 block of NW. Irvine Avenue on the city’s north side.

Link: http://www.startribune.com/woman-de...-a-godmother-to-missing-5-year-old/384109011/

Maybe she got scared and ran away is just lost, is the area wooded? Any creeks?

[h=1]Bemidji Police Plan News Conference About Missing 5-Year-Old Thursday[/h]
5 EYEWITNESS NEWS has confirmed with sources close to the investigation that the fire was intentionally set. Arson investigators have been going over the fire scene all day.
Investigators say no other human remains have been found at the home.
Police are focusing on five specific areas. They are asking people not to search because they are concerned about disturbing potential evidence.

Link:http://kstp.com/news/bemidji-investigators-search-missing-5-year-old-girl-fatal-fire-/4177475/?cat=1

The phrasing "the police are focusing on five specific areas" re the search for B makes me think they know way more about what happened. I wonder if there were any on going custody issues? It seems such extreme and risky lengths to go to to kidnap a child (if non family and stranger abduction). This one has me really baffled.

Prayers for all involved.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to get the full story... Perhaps SO of dead woman killed her and panicked because child was there, but couldn't bring himself to kill her? Whatever happened, it's amazing that she's alive and thank heavens for small miracles.

Fantastic news for the B family but still heartbreaking for the family friend.

I highly suspect that they were able to identify the person rather quickly and also may have had an ID on the perp's vehicle.

Oh thank God. I hope she's unharmed.

And I hope they thoroughly check the whereabouts of all the deceased woman's family connections...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone find a press conference link? I read on the city police department's post that she was located in the northeast part of the city. But there were no other details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back